Chapter 25: The Attack

Why Did I fall?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 25: The Attack

 

 

 

 

 

Sulli and Minho are on their way to the engagement party. Sulli is so nervous. Minho touched Sulli’s hand

 

 

“Relax. I am here.” said Minho

 

 

Sulli pulled her hand away from Minho and tried to take a deep breath.

 

“Mr. Minho-“

 

“Mr, Minho? I thought we’re back to Oppa?”  teased Minho “After today, honey will be better.”

 

Sulli’s eyes is getting bigger in shock and frustration

 

“Ok…I get it…Oppa will do for now.” Said Minho laughing

 

“Seriously, you can still joke around? You don’t feel nervous at all?” asked Sulli

 

“I feel anxious that something might go wrong. But more than that, I am excited to finally have this engagement party.” Said Minho “I've been waiting for this…for a long long time.”

 

Sulli saw something in Minho’s eyes…something close to sadness…loneliness.

 

“Did your Uncle get surprised?” asked Minho

 

“Yes, he could not believe it and talked me out of marriage…He said I don’t need to go through with it again. But then, he knew why I am doing this and had to concede eventually.” Said Sulli. “I told him to just rest and don’t go to the party anymore. But he won’t listen.”

 

Minho touched Sulli’s head

 

“Everything that happened…All the joy and sadness…all the pain and smiles…I hope one day we can look back and realize that everything happened so that we can make a beautiful story…”

 

And for the first time…Sulli felt a sense of peace in her heart amidst the racing of her heart. Can it really end like that? Can this still be a beautiful story?

 

-------------------

 

A lot of people attended the party, dignitaries, celebrities and CEOs. Nobody wants to be left out. Sulli’s nervousness subsided after sometime of meeting and greeting with people.

 

When the time came to start the program, Sulli and Minho went to the stage. Minho gave a speech about how glad he is that everybody came out to greet them on this special day and how the engagement will surely strengthen the already strong relationship between SkyRock and FlyAir. Everybody cheered for them. It was Sulli’s turn to give a speech when she noticed a group of people going up the stage. Some of them are familiar to her…Robbie’s Dad? And Robbie?!

 

Minho saw the confusion in Sulli’s eyes and followed where she is looking. This is definitely not part of the program. Who are these people and why are they on the stage? Minho grabbed Sulli’s arm and placed her behind him in a protective gesture.

 

“Whatever happens, stay behind me. And whatever happens, don’t speak. Let me do the talking.” Said Minho

 

Robbie grabbed a microphone.

 

“Hi Everyone. You might be surprised at my presence on stage today. I am Robbie Kim, the son of Kim Junie of Atlas corporation.”

 

Everyone started to whisper and talk.

 

Minho gave Sulli a confused look

 

“Isn’t he your bestfriend?”

 

Sulli just nodded

 

“Atlas…consumer goods company?”

 

Sulli also nodded

 

“You might be wondering what Altlas is doing in this party when we are selling food, cosmetics and hair care products and the two companies who arranged this party are both in the airline industry. There is no connection at all right? But that’s where I need to correct most of you. Unlike FlyAir and SkyRocks Business connection, Miss Sulli and I has a deeper connection than just business.”

 

Sulli had to hold on to Minho’s arm. She is feeling her legs getting weaker.

 

“Sulli is my best friend and I have every intention to protect her from being used as a business prey. That is why, Atlas will be investing in FlyAir in whatever amount FlyAir needs in order to make sure that it will survive for the next years to come. We are also offering FlyAir partnership. We will be opening large scale business on the airline industry in the next years to come and FlyAir is what we need in order to succeed there. As such, Atlas is offering FlyAir, the same contract that binds Sulli into marrying Mr. Minho Choi.”

 

Sulli feels like throwing up any time. Why is Robbie doing this?!

 

Robbie went beside Minho and left the microphone on the stand.

 

“You can’t tie her to you now.” Said Robbie to Minho “She is free now to choose who she really wants to be with.”

 

Sulli wanted to get between Minho and Robbie to prevent the two to get into a fight but Minho blocked her way making her stay at his back.

 

“Tie her? Do you think she’s a child? She decided to be with me.” Said Minho

 

“Then let her go. Let’s see whom she goes with.” Said Robbie

 

Sulli grabbed a microphone which surprised the 2 men

 

“What a surprise, right? I’ve known Robbie for a  long time but I never expected this. The proposal Atlas is giving is definitely something that will be studied. We don’t have the details yet and so we need to review. For now, nothing will change.” Said Sulli

 

Robbie went back to the microphone

 

“Oh…Sulli, I forgot to mention that the proposal was sent to  FlyAir this morning. And about the proposal, it doesn’t end there.”  Said Robbie “If you approve of Atlas proposal…That means you are approving of marriage to me too.” said Robbie

 

Everyone is confused and it became really noisy.

 

Minho immediately grabbed a microphone

 

“Everyone. I am glad that you are all here to see this development. Rest assured that this will be dealt with in all professionalism. For now, FlyAir will take the proposal from Atlas back on the table. But as for SKyRock. We have not changed our position. We will remain as FlyAir’s ally. We will continue to support FlyAir. And being the lead in the airline industry, FlyAir has minimal risk if they partner with SkyRock. And SkyRock, I promise, will make sure FlyAir will be on top with us.” With that, Minho grabbed Sulli’s arm and left the stage…left the room.

 

------------------------

 

Minho dragged Sulli until they went to a fire exit. Minho pinned Sulli to the wall with his arms on Sulli’s both sides. Minho is looking down. Sulli almost can’t see his face but his breathing is heavy and she can see Minho’s arms shaking. His hand is clenched.

 

He is angry

 

He is really angry

 

Minho punched the wall on Sulli’s side. Sulli had to close her eyes on the impact. Her heart is beating fast. She’s afraid…she’s afraid…

 

Minho grabbed Sulli’s face and kissed her strongly, passionately. Sulli's shock paralized her for amoment then She tried to push him away, but he is too strong, until Sulli can’t fight anymore. Slowly…ever so slowly…Minho’s kiss got gentler and gentler until it became a sweet kiss…a very sweet kiss.

 

Sulli’s mind, heart and body can’t fight anymore. Everything she tried to fight off in her heart is all bursting out. Minho pulled away and faced down.

 

Sulli is still shocked at what is happening. Her knees is weak, but she is still standing.

 

Minho slowly lifted his face and Sulli doesn’t know what to make of what she’s seeing

 

Minho’s face is full of tears. And she can se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter