Chapter 23: Robbie

Why Did I fall?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 23: Robbie

Luis’ mind is scattered. One day Carl is just in the office preparing for the preparation for the next day, then he’s gone the next day. Minho took over the project which got everyone crazy with stress. And then after just a day, here is the CEO making an announcement that Carl will be replaced temporarily by none other than SULLI!

Why is this world so round!

Luis feels like the team is in the middle of a war. This will surely be battle…and SkyRock is going to be a battlefield. These 2 creatures, whenever they are together makes everything around them complicated. Why does this need to happen on the year he’s hoping to finally get promoted to manager!? Why?

Luis tried to smile. Sulli is more beautiful than ever. But she’s no longer the cutee sweet Sulli she used to be. She’s now a very refined woman.

“I’m glad to see everyone again. Most are familiar faces. I will be your manager for a while. I will make sure to contribute to continuously increase this team’s result. And in the process, I will rely on you to give your best.” Said Sulli confidently

Ahh…She’s really changed. Luis looked at Minho who is standing behind Sulli. Minho’s eyes has never left Sulli from the time she stepped out to greet everyone.

That look…That was the same look Minho had on Sulli that day he saw her in the café that fateful day when he kissed her for everyone to see. Luis only had to shook his head. He doesn’t want to get involved on this anymore, the last time was really chaotic…How will this one end?

“You’re shaking your head. You don’t like my presence, Mr. Luis?” asked Sulli

“Haha! Of course not. I was just thinking of the report earlier. But I am so happy to see you again Sulli. It’s been a long time. And I am sure everyone here is excited to work with you again”

“I am happy to hear that. Rest assured that I will do my best to learn from this role.” Said Sulli

--------------

Sulli has been in roller coaster rides this week. She started to work for SkyRock again. The team is as capable as before. Everyone has really stepped up their abilities. A lot of them has already been promoted to the next level. Even Luis is already an assistance manager who only used to be a senior analyst. She’s glad everyone is doing well. There were 2 members who already resigned due to personal matters, but the new 2 members are also already experts even if they haven’t been in the company for very long. That is the Upside.

The downside?

Sulli has to be around Minho…a lot.

Sulli just learned on her 2nd day that it is Carl she is temporarily replacing. It was a shock to her. But she tried to look cool about it. Inside, she’s confused. What she can’t take is the need to be Minho’s companion on a lot of things. Why does she have to join him whenever he has lunch meetings? And why does he have lunch meetings almost every day!? How can will she ever have peace?

-----------------

Sulli learned really fast. She was already able to lead the team on several presentations in just 2 days. It might be because her work for US FlyAir is similar with what she needs to do, but these projects are bigger yet she does it flawlessly. Luis can only say good words about how Sulli performs and how she effortlessly able to close deals. Sulli has really changed…She really is a “Boss” now.

Let’s just hope Minho think the same way…that’s the only way to prevent a battle.

Luis and Sulli went to Minho’s office to present the result of the last 4 days. Minho read through the pages.

“Good...” said Minho

“I can say that the contracts that we’ve closed the past 4 days is record breaking. Sulli did a terrific job leading the team. In just 2 days, she is done learning and she was already able to join presentations and close deals.” Said Luis

Sulli is happy at what she’s hearing from Luis. She did her best. She can’t fail in the eyes of Minho.

“Hmm…the fast learning is commendable.” Said Minho

Luis can now breath…it seems his premonition of a war is not going to happen. World peace is the best!

“But the result is not above expectation”

No.

No way.

Did Minho just say that?

Is this the start of a war?

Luis is started to hate himself. Why is my premonitions coming true?

“Miss Sulli, you have an international background. But on the past 4 days, everything was geared towards local contracts. I was expecting that you would use your experience to step up the game.” Said Minho “Not just improve Carl’s numbers by 1 or 2 contracts.”

Sulli had to take a deep breath. She can’t be provoked. She has to be in control of herself.

“Can you give me the next 3 days to impress you?” asked Sulli

Luis is stunned at what Sulli said. 3 days? She’s crazy! She can’t say that just because she’s already infuriated with Minho. She can’t commit something that’s impossible!

“All right then, after 3 days, come back here. And we’ll see if you can impress me.” Said Minho with that irritating smirk on his face

-------------------

Game On!

Sulli is dead tired the last 4 days but she’s not going to give up anytime soon. She challenged Minho and she will not lose. Sulli went to hospital and check on her Uncle’s treatments. When she had dinner with her Uncle and had a chat on how everything is doing with FlyAir, she went ahead with her research. Uncle does not know anything about the marriage talks…She doesn’t want Uncle Sam to get stressed over it.

If Minho wants international contracts, he should’ve said so in the first place. When she reviewed the team vision it is said there that the team wants to get the most contracts in Korea. It was nowhere there that the team will go into international. But if Minho would use that against her, she will definitely not let her name be tarnished.

Sulli went through her files on international contacts and made sure she can get the right names.

Sulli’s phone rang and she’s surprised to hear Carl on the other line. Later, Sulli met Carl in a tented restaurant (pojang-macha).

Carl was surprised to know that Sulli replaced him while he’s on vacation. It even surprised him that Minho might’ve planned all these. He’s wondering how Sulli will cope up with everything…especially now that she’s going to be working closely with Minho.

“I bet he’s hard on you. He was even hard on me.” Said Carl

“There’s no need to bet. He’s hard on me as always.” said Sulli “And I don’t get how you can last 3 years working for him. He’s just too hard to please.” Said Sulli

“Wow, only 4 days and you have already concluded that. It took me a year before I realized that he has too high standards.” Said Carl

“hahahah! I tend to overanalyze things.” Said Sulli

“You are looking ok….even if you have to work with him closely the past days.” Said Carl “Perhaps you’re right. Perhaps everything really is in the past and everyone is moving on quite well.”

“Yes…” Sulli drank another cup of soju “ It should all be in the past…should just be locked there .”

“But is it locked?” asked Carl “O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter