The Routine

My Second Life

"I don't know if you'll be able to keep up..." LuHan says. He stands up, entwining his fingers with mine and looking down at me. Why is he so goddamn tall? Or maybe I'm just short.

 

Am I really that short?

 

"What's the dance?" I ask. I may as well know the song if we may be performing it together. "I'm making up my own," he says. He leans down towards my face and gives me a small smirk. "That's why it'll be hard to keep up."

 

"Why are you entering this anyway? It's a beginner's contest. And from what I'm hearing, you aren't any beginner."

LuHan stands straight, "Technically, I may be an extremely good dancer," he says, "but I haven't been doing it for long. Therefore, I am a beginner."

I take a deep breath. "Well..." I can't think of anything to say. I'm showing the me I've known for my whole life: shy and undecided on what to say.

Obviously, a few seconds pass because he raises an eyebrow and says, "Well, what? Cat got your tongue?" I don't say anything in reply, because I don't try to. "Do you still want to do the dance?" he asks.

"Well, aren't I the one who asked to do it in the first place?" I reply. To myself, I sound cocky. I've never been one to say something like that, anything along those lines. But I just did. Oh my god. I just did,

 

"So, yes," I say to LuHan, "I still want to do the dance." His eyes brighten for a second.

"Good." he says. "In that case, you'll have to meet here every day. I wasn't kidding when I said it would be hard to keep up. Okay?" I let out a breath of air, a small laugh, and then nod. "Should we start now?" he asks.

"No, we should start the day after the competition." He laughs at my answer. Wait, back it up. He. LuHan. Laughed. At something I said. What.

"Come here. It's going to be a boy and a girl, so it should have a romantic vibe to it." LuHan walks over to his laptop to play a YouTube video. It turns out the song he wants to dance to is his own... EXO-M's Angel.

 

"Ready to dance?" he says as he holds one of my hands and presses his chest against me. My head is leaning against it. It feels like he is protecting me; shielding me.