The first night of your life

Frozen rose in the snow

 

You walk down the road to your home. It's over midnight and you feel like fainting from exhaustion. Because you're now studying to become a stylist you have always dreamed to become, you study day and night.

You took the last underground and are now walking next to konkuk university. You look at the big buildings next to you and stop your steps. You can't pass those buildings without looking. Because you know who lives there. Super junior, that famous boy band who was your inspiration to become a stylist. You watch the building and sigh. You aren't actually a fan, more like a friend. They resembled you so you always dreamed how you could be their friend, write or talk to them, call them whenever you need them. You've always liked them but never saw them. Your family were poor and you hardly had money to buy food. You got a job as a waitress but you wanted to give all your money to your family.

You sigh and start to walk home when it suddenly starts to rain. Of course, the weather was always the same with your mood.

 

You drop your bag and literally fall to the floor.

"Anyone home?" You shout. Nobody answers. Seems like your homie hasn't came home yet. She's a foreigner, living in Seoul like you. You moved to Korea 2 years ago with her without any abilities to speak korean. Now you can both speak it fluently. But it wasn't an easy way to learn the language but you worked your off. When you really want something, you do everything to achieve it. It may be stupid but that is what the life is.

You take your phone and call to your friend.

"Where are you?" You say with a low voice.

"What happened to you?" Your friend says laughing.

"I'm hungry. Come make me dinner" you say. "Please".

"I'm having dinner with our friends in our restaurant. Come eat with us!" Your friend says and hang up before you can say anything. You leave the phone to your ear and drop it to the floor by moving your head. Go eat now when I can't even move my legs? You kick the air for anger and stand up. You check the fridge. Cheese, onions, eggs and half eaten yogurt. You're so bad at cooking that it seems to be the only option to go out. After all, you haven't eaten much today. You take your bag and leave the house.

 

Because it's night, there's many people on the streets. Koreans live when it's night. You pass suju's dorm and glance the building. Then you stop and look back. There's a person leaning to a big black car. You decide to cross the street and just check if it's someone you know. Just in case, if it's any of them. While you're crossing the street the person answers the phone and turns his back to you. You slow down and breath quietly. Brown hair, dark blue cap,  high-class torn jacket and jeans. You feel your heartbeat creasing. It really looks like... Suddenly the man turns around. You quickly turn yourself around as well and start to walk away from the man. "What are you doing? Go back" you tell yourself but it looks like your legs are living it's own life. You stop next to other building and breathe. Your legs are shaking. You're not sure is it because of the excitement or because your legs are too tired to move. You sit to the bench and take your phone.

"I think I'm not able to come. I'm so tired. I'm just gonna crab something from convenience store" --

"Hey" someone says next to you. You froze your hands there. What was that? You look the guy who's standing next to the bench. You can feel your heartbeat on your legs, on your hands, on your stomach... What is this day?