One shot #3

ONE SHOT [REQUESTS]

One shot #3: Requested by – MrsChickenJoe

 

 

Leo is an ultimate bad boy of Empire High. Everyone, even the teachers, is scared of him. As much as possible, they avoid him. One eye contact with him is a possibility of you lying six feet under the ground.

 

 No one knows why he became like that. During his freshman and Sophomore year, he was always on top of his class. He had a girlfriend, and he even ran for a position in the Student Council. He started changing when he was in Junior and everything got even worse now that he’s a senior.

 

Just like the silent sky, it will not stay silent forever. And during rare times, there’s what we call a falling star. Using science to explain it, it’s only a meteorite. But for some people, it’s a once in a blue moon opportunity to wish. It’s because sometimes, wishing for something to happen gives us a feeling of hope even when everything seems hopeless.

 

 

Leo’s silent sky was disturbed by a falling star, and that falling star is named Myunghee whom changed his life.

 

Leo’s POV:

 

“What do you think you’re doing?!” I looked at the girl fiercely. I clutched my hand, trying to hold in my anger.

 

“Reading.” The girl replied. She didn’t even take a good look at me. Her eyes are fixed in the book she’s reading. Who does she think she is?

 

I narrowed my eyes, “You’re new, aren’t you?” When she nodded, I laugh hysterically. “Woa, no wonder.” I kicked the chair she’s sitting on, “Ya, that’s my seat! GET LOST!” I yelled.

 

 

Finally, she looked at me. Is that anger I see in her eyes? She slammed the book in the table. She stood up but her eyes never left mine. “What? Your seat? Does it have your name? Birth certificate?” She crossed her arms on her chest and looked at me with disgust, “Excuse me but as far as I’m concerned, You have no proof that this seat is your property.”

 

She stared up me from up to down, “huh, handsome but no manners. Such a turn off.” She mumbled. The whole class fell silent the whole time were arguing. They’re obviously too scared to get involve.

 

Or probably, they know very well what I’ll do to them if ever they try to interrupt, just like what I’d do to this girl who had the guts to mock me in front of the class.

 

I placed my hand on her uniform, and pulled her towards me. “I usually don’t pick on girls but this time, I can make an exception. Either you get the hell out of my seat or we’ll settle this the way I always do.”

 

I expect her to be scared, to look down, and silently leave. But she did something I didn’t expect.

 

She punched me, right in the face.

 

I heard a lot of gasps that eventually became whispers. The looks in her eyes are just like mine. Fierce. Angry.

 

 I hate to admit it but that punch really hurts.

 

I laughed sarcastically as I pushed her on the wall and put my arm on her neck, and the other holding both of her hands.

 

“You’re really something,” I said in a low voice, “Don’t you think that’s a very bad impression for a new student?”

 

 

Before I could do something, she’s fast. She kicked me. Right in my private part. I was immediately forced to sit down on the floor and groan in pain.

 

“You !” I yelled at her. At that very moment, I vowed to take revenge on her even if that’s what I’ll do for the rest of my life.

 

She smiled sadly at me and at that very moment, It triggered something inside me. My curiousity. She bent down, “But Leo, I’m your . Remember?” She whispered. The tone of her voice changed, it was soft and gentle. It was soothing and comforting.

 

 

 

 I looked at her in disbelief.

 

 

Don’t you remember? Who is she? How can this girl dare to hurt me physically, mock me in front of the class, then leave me hanging?

 

She straightened up, “And Leo, one more thing, don’t you think you’re being unfair? I was only gone for a year and now you already forgot about me?”

 

She took her things and changed her seat, far away from me. Everyone was looking at both of us. When the pain was already gone, I stood up.

 

“What the are you all looking at?!” Then everyone’s eyes looked down. I walked towards her. She covered her face with a book.

 

“Put the book down.” I said in full command. But just in time, the teacher came in. Everyone greeted her except for the two of us.

 

“Mr. Leo, please take your seat.” The teacher softly said. Well, she’s scared of me too.

 

I turned at her, “YOU!” I pointed at her, “Don’t get involve or you’re dead too!”

 

I looked at the girl once again. “I SAID PUT THE BOOK DOWN AND SHOW YOUR FACE CLEARLY!”

 

 

She slammed the book down and heaved a deep sigh. She closed her eyes for a second, opened it and looked at me straight in the eyes.

 

I studied her face. Every detail of it. And then, everything’s like a puzzle. All of the pieces came together. I stiffened. I feel like my knees go weak and my heart beating like there’s no tomorrow.

 

She smiled once again, but this time, with sincerity. All along, I thought she’s gone. Disappeared from my life forever. But now, I don’t know what to feel or say.

 

A tear rolled down my face, “Myunghee..” As I say the name, She nodded.

 

I looked away. I can’t get myself to looked at her for a long time because when I do, the past comes back. All the feelings and tears.

 

“ I’m sorry. Those two words I never got the chance to tell you. When I was in coma, you’re all I dreamt about. That exact same night I left you kept on replaying over and over again. You never knew I was still alive because before everything got chaotic, It was the only thing I asked from Yoonhwa as a favor. ‘If I ever do survive, Don’t let him know.’ I didn’t know how to face you especially after what I’ve done. I’m sorry.”

 

 I looked at her again, the tears in her eyes falling down, straight in her eyes. And in there, It was like I was seeing the whole incident once again.

 

-Flashback-

 

 

It happened one summer night. And it was also that one night I will never be able to forget.

 

“Don’t go.” I told her, but more like pleading.

 

“I need to. I can’t just sit here and wait. He’s in trouble!” She was already in tears.

 

“Myunghee, it’s dangerous.” I tried to calm her down.

 

“NO! YOU DON’T UNDERSTANT LEO!” She yelled, “Yoonhwa’s my best friend and I can’t let him get in trouble because of me!”

 

“THEN WHAT ABOUT ME, MYUNGHEE?!” I couldn’t take it anymore. “Yoonhwa’s your best friend but I’m your boyfriend! I can’t lose you!” My tears finally fell.

 

She shook her head and continued crying. I hugged her, “Please, Myunghee. It’s dangerous. I don’t want to lose you. I love you.”

 

“If you really love me, you’ll let me go.” She threw my hands away and then left.

 

I was broken. I was hurt. I felt like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I couldn’t sleep the rest of that night. And what I dreaded the whole time finally came, exactly 2:15 in the morning.

 

“She’s gone, Leo. Myunghee’s dead.”

 

At that moment, my world completely fell apart. I fell down on the floor, disbelieving the news. I felt numb.

 

“If only.” Unconsciously, tears fell down from my eyes, “If only she listened to me.”