One shot #1

ONE SHOT [REQUESTS]

 

One shot request from: Kyotastic-Baby

Author’s note: Hi there! Hahaha here’s the one shot you requested. Hopefully, you like it. :) Happy reading! >^_^<

 

 

 

 

One shot: Dancing with her

 

 

 

“Are you ready?”

 

My attention diverted to the person who sat beside me, smiling. I was surprise for a moment. I didn’t respond but I just continued staring at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Don’t be too nervous, I know we’ll do well.” She said, placing her warm hand above mine, giving it a slight squeeze. I sighed in relief. I don’t know how but whenever she’s the one saying it, my body just starts to calm down.

 

 

I noticed the she was playing with her fingers. She’s nervous too.

 

 

I rolled my eyes, “Look who’s talking. You can also tell me you’re nervous, you know? No need to hide it.” She chuckled,

 

 

“Fine. I’m also nervous.” She pouted. I find it too cute so I pinched her cheeks,

 

“Stop that. You’re already cute so no need to act.” She blushed. I can’t help but smile at that even more.

 

 

 

  “Okay, So let’s do it this way. To ease both of our nervousness, let’s think of the things where both of us felt really happy.”

 

 

 

Then, faster than a blink of an eye, my mind flashed back two months ago, whereas I can say, I started getting happier than I usually was. The day I met her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----*

 

 

I wanted to enroll in a prestige university not only because I wanted to, but also because I wanted my parents to be proud of me; only to find out later that my records and transcript are not enough to get in.

 

 

 

 

The office told me that if I wanted to get in there so much, I need to earn extra points until the end of the school year, which is only four months left. And those are through the extracurricular activities by the clubs the school offered.

 

 

 

There are many different clubs you can choose from. If you are athletic, you may choose basketball, football, lawn tennis and many more. If you are more of a bookworm, you may choose the reading club, the math club, and other more.

 

 

 

 

Originally, I chose to join the Drama club, not because I like acting. A lot of students had said that if you base a club by the points it gives to its members, the points I can receive even for just playing a minor role, is already enough to cover up the lacking.

 

 

But drama is not my ‘thing’. I don’t actually consider my acting, acting. If I wanted to, I need to practice more; which will be harder for me since I only have four months left and their next show or musical will be next month.

 

 

So, I erased that choice from my thoughts.

 

 

 

 

With the help and suggestion of Jongup, a friend of mine, I was able to be part of the dance club without any difficulties. The dance club was also a club, besides the drama club, that can give you much of points.

 

 

I always loved dancing. I consider it my passion. But I never tried joining the club before, not only until now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The only problem was, even though I’ll be attending the rest of the meetings, I still won’t be able to earn the amount of points I need since I joined later.

 

 

I talked to the teacher-in-charge, Mr. Park, about this. He understood me and said there’s only one way to earn that much amount of points...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What?! No way!” I complained. This is really a crazy idea. And for a beginner like me in the club? I don’t think I can do it.

 

 

It’s not that I’m underestimating my dancing skills, but i’m used of dancing alone. I don’t even dance with Jongup! What more with a girl?! And a couple dance?!

 

 

 

 

Yes, I’ve said it right. The teacher gave me a paper that states like this:

 

 

 

NEULPARAN COUPLE DANCE COMPETITION 2013

 

Competition Mechanics:

*He and she must be a student of Neulparan Secondary school.

*Anyone can join the competition, even those who are not a member of the dance club.

*You may choose any song. Maximum time is 4 minutes.

*You may or may not have a costume.

*An original choreography must be done.

 

 

Judging Mechanics:

75% Choreography

20% Chemistry between the dancers

5% Costumes and Effort

 

 

The winners will earn 90 points for their transcript, 30 points for their extracurricular activities and a letter of recommendation for those who are incoming college students who will join.

Goodluck!

 

 

 

 

 

I was just staring blankly at the paper.

 

 

“But Mr. Park, I don’t have any partner! Especially a girl?!” just as I finished saying, the door of his office flew open.

 

 

A beautiful girl with stunning looks came in. I have to admit, it felt like the goddess of beauty from the Greek mythology, Aphrodite, is standing right in front of me. I can’t move. My eyes are stuck staring at her.

 

 

When she walked pass by me, my senses came back.

 

“Mr. Park! How could you?! 63 points?! Are you kidding me?!” She said, her voice rising but she wasn’t shouting. She held the paper in front of Mr. Park’s face,

 

 

“Don’t you dare raise your voice to me, Ms. Song. I’m still your teacher. And it’s not my fault your points are not enough. Although you are a member of the club, you never participated!” Mr. Park said, his eyebrows furrowing together.

 

 

 

“How can I participate when the others won’t even let me join them?!” She finally yelled.

 

 

 

“Then why didn’t you told me this earlier? If i would’ve known, I might have helped you.” Mr. Park said calmly this time.

 

 

 

“You don’t understand...” She covered her face with her palm, “They hate me...” we heard her silent sobs. How can a girl be this beautiful, cry?

 

 

Then, an idea popped out of my head.

 

 

“Mr. Park, I think I finally found the perfect girl I wanted to be paired up.” I said, grinning. Both of them looked at my direction. The girl after giving me a stare looked away.

 

 

 

“Who, Mr. Jung?” The teacher asked. I pointed at the girl in front of me,

 

 

“Her.” I smiled.

 

 

 

She looked back at me, staring at me with her ‘what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about’ look. I let Mr. Park explain to her what I meant. Since both of us needed this, she finally agreed.

 

 

When the day came where we needed to start practicing, we did nothing but argue. Argue about everything. The choreography, the music, the costumes... Simply everything related to the competition.

 

 

We decided we’ll both work on the Choreography, and for the costumes, we’ll plan it later on. For the music, he played Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Whoever wins can choose the music.

 

 

 

I won. She even called me a cheater so I retorted back saying, “You can’t just call people a cheater just because you lost.” I smirked.

 

 

 

 I chose an English song titled “Out of my Legue by Stephen Speaks” since the chemistry between the dancers is included in the Judging, so I might as well pick a song that is somehow sweet.

 

 

After arguing over these things for a week, we finally started practicing for real. The competition is two months from now and all we did was argue and step each other’s foots.

 

 

We got closer as time passed by since we’re always together. I learned that she was often bullied by the girls in the dance club because the boys, even those who aren’t members in the club, kept on following and asking for her number.

 

I wasn’t surprise hearing that. She’s beautiful and no wonder the guys would want her number. She said she stopped participating in the dance club because the girls warned her not to.

 

She would only be there during discussions and a little of practices, but during dance competitions and other activities the club held, she didn’t participate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A month had already passed and we’re already practicing at the middle of the song. We wanted it to be perfect.

 

We always get to go home late so I started accompanying her home. We would also eat together, and sometimes when we’re free, we’d go to the mall and just roam around.

 

 

Day by day, I slowly got to know her. And day by day... I slowly started falling for her. It wasn’t because of her looks this time, but the feeling of peace she gives and makes me feel every time we’re together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One month and two weeks had passed, and I had already admitted to myself, I love this girl. We may have not met that long, but being with her feels like we’ve been together for years.

 

 

 

We’re already polishing our dance when we decided to show it to Mr. Park. He was also happy to see it. When we started dancing, I can’t look at her eyes directly; afraid that if I did, I’m scared that I might have the urge to kiss her.

 

 

Jung Daehyun! Get a grip of yourself! It was one of the advice Jongup said to me when I told him that. He didn’t say that anything bad, but he said that Aeji is so hard to get that I’ll just end giving up.

 

 

How can I give up on her when I haven’t even started doing an effort? All I know right now, I love this girl.

 

 

  After our dance practice with Mr. Park watching, his face looked unhappy.

 

“Why Mr. Park? Did we do something wrong? Is it bad?” Aejin asked him, worried. Mr. Park shook his head sidewards,

 

 

“It’s not that. Your choreography is perfect. But there’s something lacking...” He stared at us for a moment, then snapped his fingers, “I remember! You lack Chemistry.”

 

 

Both of us stare at each other but quickly looked away. My lips curved up when I saw a tint of red swarming all over her cheeks.

 

How come she’s so cute when blushing?

 

 

“See? You can’t even look at each other. Try dancing like you’re the only ones around. Feel the music, and be passionate. Like telling everyone ‘Hey! We’re inlove!’ like that. It’s a couple dance afterall.” Mr. Park explained then left.

 

 

Both of us felt awkward after he went out. I cleared my throat,

 

“S-so, shall we practice again?” She nodded then for the rest of the day, all we did was practice.

 

 

For the last few weeks, she started avoiding me. I don’t know why but It also started hurting me. She doesn’t like me isn’t it? That’s why she’s avoiding me?

 

When were practicing, she won’t talk to me unless I start the conversation first. After the practice, she wouldn’t let me accompany her home or at least eat together.

 

 

For the last few weeks, we were like that.

 

 

 

---*

 

 

And for the first time today, after the last weeks, she started talking to me comfortably again.

 

“So, what made you happy? For me, I was really happy that I could dance again without someone Judging me.” I looked at her, and I know that smile she’s doing right now is genuine.

 

 

“What made me happy? It was when I met you.” She finally looked at me, surprise. I smiled at her, genuinely.

 

 

Today’s the day. It might be the last chance I have left, so I won’t let this chance get away.

 

 

 

 

I love this girl beside me. I love Song Aejin.

 

 

 

I was about to say something when our number was called by the teacher. Both of us stood up, then I held her hand, filling the spaces between them.

 

 

She looked surprise again for a second, then I slowly leaned to her, our faces our just inches away. She was still stuck looking at my eyes,

 

 

“Look at me that way later.” Then, I kissed her forehead before pulling her towards the stage. She didn’t anything.

 

 

When we’re already at the stage, we waited for the music to start, then started dancing. The whole time, our eyes are stuck looking at each other and never even once parted.

 

 

When the song finished, in front of the whole student body who are watching, I grabbed her hand on the spot, making her twirl then leaned her on her back.

 

I slowly leaned my face closer, then gave her a kiss on the lips. There was silence in the whole auditorium.

 

“I love you.” I whispered. The tears started to form in her eyes, then she placed both of her hands around my neck,

 

 

“I love you too.” Then she gave me another kiss. The whole students clapped their hands. And we immediately exited the stage out of embarrassment.

 

 

 

When they were about to announce the winner, I held her hand tightly.

 

 

“And our winner is, couple number 6! Mr. Jung Daehyun and Ms. Song Aejin!” And that very moment, There was nothing more I could ask for.