Two

Love is Spelled T-I-M-E

 

First day of summer.

Waking up early wasn’t even hard just yet because the hangover of always waking up early to go to school was still lingering in my body’s clock. Just wait till the fourth day of summer and I am pretty sure I am still hitting up the sack till twelve noon, adjusting my body clock same as those of the vampires.

5am. I shove a little of my curtain to take a peak on the outside world. The sun isn’t up yet, cars weren’t making a traffic jam, and … I positioned myself closer to the window to check on how many people were already up only to see a few… very timely, I need at least an hour run before starting the boring day.

Ten minutes preparation and I’m all set. Running shoes, running shorts, t-shirt, arm band, music, face towel and an energy drink = CHECK.

“Going for a jog?” The security guard asked me showing his right dimple as he smiles at me.

“Yep. I’ll be back after an hour, here’s my key.”

I went out of the building. The slightly cold breeze pinched in my body, I looked left and right before finally heading out. Despite the loud music of Paramore playing in my ears, my mind could still multitask and think of the incident that just happened yesterday.

                What If I tell you he likes you?

I wasn’t even sure if Kim Jongin knows my existence and yet he likes me? There is really something wrong in Kyungsoo’s brain, perhaps.

                A flashback as to how our faces were mere inches from each other.

And how I see absence of pores, the fairness of his skin, the roundness and brown-ness of his eyes, his medium long lashes, his thick eyebrows, his nose and his heart shaped lips. Suddenly, I needed to stop because my heart seemed to throb faster as to how it should be.

I didn’t notice that the song has shifted from Paramore songs to Boyz II Men’s Open Arms, I put out my phone and changed it to my Boys Like Girls playlist. I wiped some sweat, made one gulp from my water, before starting again.

My feet dragged me to this small stadium nearest to my apartment. This place is where most people have their aerobics, badminton practices, running trainings, etc … related to sports, sort of a tiny training ground, and the good thing about this place is that there is no entrance free. I entered the place and was surprised to see bunch of teens my age or probably just a year or two older than me already working out. I felt some excitement as I started my first jog.

“Ryan.” I turned around to search for the person calling my name. He gave me a quick smile but I was too stunned to answer back. I removed my ear phone when he finally approached me and joined me on my run. “Why did you leave early yesterday?”

I can’t even face him as I stammered with my reply, “I .. uhm … it’s because…”

“What did kyungsoo do?”

At the sound of his name my chest began pounding once again. Could it be that I have this hidden crush over his best friend?

“He didn’t do anything. And … how did you know my name?” Wow. It really slipped off my tongue. First, the most popular guy in our batch knows my name, despite that he isn’t my classmate. Second, he was asking me why did I leave early, which means he noticed me. Third, he is suspecting Kyungsoo did something to me, why?

                What if he likes you?

Even if I didn’t see it, I know that he made this smirk after snorting. “Kyungsoo is my best friend and he is your classmate. That’s all for now.” I made this pout after he answered that is why I saw him wink at me.

I looked at him with a confused face as he left me, but turned around when he forgot to say something, “By the way, my best friend is nice. He’s just not used being around with girls so most of the time he is freaking them out. But don’t worry he’s harmless.” The famous Kim Jongin concluded it with a wave directed to me before proceeding.

                What’s that supposed to mean?

I stopped after I get one whole round from the oval. I didn’t see Jongin anymore, probably he’d left already. On my way back home I stayed on the coffee shop located in the first floor of our building. I might be freaking out the people around me because I was just staring at my cup of coffee for almost twenty minutes, the reason? My mind is over analyzing once again and I cannot distract it for now because Jongin’s words are really bothering me a lot.

 I made my first sip on my not hot anymore coffee when my phone vibrated. I almost forgot, my mom told me yesterday that she’d be calling me.

“Hey mom.”

No answer. I looked at my phone to check if she had hung up, but apparently she’s not.

“Mom. Hello?”

Still no answer, but now I can hear someone’s breathing from the other line. That is when I remembered Jongin’s words… He’s just not used being around with girls so most of the time he is freaking them out.

“Kyungsoo?” My mouth made its move without my head’s permission. Right.

“Did I scare you yesterday?”

Confirmed. And the erratic pounding of my chest reignited once again.

“A bit.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

And a minute of silence, but I still don’t get my phone away from my ears.

“Jongin told me he saw you in the oval. What did he say to you?”

“He didn’t say anything.” Okay, it’s a white lie.

“Oh. Okay. I thought he warned you about my ‘freaking out the girls’ behavior.”

Actually he did.

“Uhmm .. sort of.”

And another minute of silence. This person really knows how to act weird. I wondered how did he become Jongin’s best friend.

“Hey can I ask something?” I started breaking off the silence.

“Sure.”

“Where d’you get my number?”

“From Jongin.”

These two, are they playing some tricks on me? Aisht.

“And how did he get my number?”

“Because I say so.”

Wow! So he has this power over “THE” Kim Jongin? That’s so so unpredictable.

“And why do you ask him for my number?”

And the sound telling me he’d hung up was heard.

 

*****************************

[a/n:] RANDOM BLUFF. sorry guys. :(