One

Love is Spelled T-I-M-E

 

My ears doesn’t have to hear what my classmates were thinking, because even though they don’t say anything nor murmur something I can hear right from their minds that all of them, if not, majority of them were already having their countdown to the last day of school. I looked up to see the clock hanging in front of our classroom, last two minutes before everyone would finally scream: “It’s Summer!!!” I browsed all of my classmates’ faces and all of them weren’t listening to our homeroom adviser anymore because all of their faces were very much focused on the ticking of the clock.

I sighed and buried my head within the confines of my arms. I guess I was the least student who is anticipating this two month vacation, because a) I have nothing to do aside from being stuck in the apartment my parents rented for me, b) there is nothing to distract me from getting bored aside from my phone, my iPad and my laptop, c) I don’t have close friends to whom I could go, visit and hang out with, d) I don’t have relatives here, e) I cannot go home and visit my family, etc…

“Ryan.” Our teacher summoned my attention. This university prefers calling the students from their first names which was at first gave me a hard time because I was used on being called by my last name. I quickly moved my head up and made a face that is in between why was I called and please don’t get mad with what I just did. I relaxed when there is no tinge of anger plastered on my teacher’s face. “Are you alright?”

“Uhm.. yeah.” I chirped trying to sound like there is nothing bothering me.

My name is Ryan. I once, asked my parents why would they name me after a guy’s name, and the only answer they gave me was ‘we thought you’re a boy.’ Well, I don’t really hate it, I even find it cool because I just couldn’t imagine people calling me Jenny, Charlotte, Theresa, or any other girly girl names found in the dictionary of babies names. I just turned seventeen three days ago and I am right now on my first year in College (well, technically I’ll be a sophomore after the bell signals the end of the semester).

Which is right now… The moment everyone had been waiting for. The bell made its loudest ring and everyone jolted from their seats. Our homeroom adviser bid goodbye to us and immediately left the room, excitement was also evident on her face. The sound of chairs screeching from the floor, the steps hurrying to get out of the room, the conversations about where to go after leaving school and their plans for summer, all add up to the growing noise inside the four corners of the room. I ducked my head back to the desk and shut my eyes off. I didn’t move an inch and decided to just wait for all of them to leave before I leave.

I was right when I told you I don’t have close friends here, because no one cared to approach me the moment the class ended. This is one of the biggest leaps transfer students always experience, what more if you’re foreign to their country?

It only took fifteen minutes before the room was cleared up, and that’s the only time when I started moving, that includes arranging my things, bringing them back to my locker, before proceeding to the gymnasium. Yes, this has been my daily routine since second semester started, I always make it a point that after waiting for my classmates to empty the room, I’ll get to watch a men’s basketball game before going home. No, I am not eyeing anyone from the varsities, it’s just that watching any game makes me feel relaxed and subtracts the time where I have to spend the whole time alone in my apartment.

While I was piling my books, I was startled to see one of my classmates still inside the room. “You scared me.” I told him placing my right hand over my pounding chest.

He answered me with a smile. “I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I continued piling up my things without looking at him or just trying to avoid looking at him because I don’t want him to see that I am a bit blushing.

The pounding in my chest continued when I felt footsteps walking towards my direction. He stooped down to help me with my things. I tucked my hair behind my ears as I told him, “It’s okay. I can do it myself.” My eyes met his brown round eyes and for a split second I tried hard to shift my mind away from his trance. We both stood up, me-carrying my books, he-holding the sling of his bag. I didn’t know he’s a few inches taller than me, I thought we’re of the same height judging from his petite anatomy.

“Do you know me?” His soft voice asked. But before I could answer he introduced himself. “My name’s Kyungsoo.” I surveyed his smile and it was indeed confirmed this guy has a heart-shaped smile.

Do Kyungsoo. Of course I would know his name he is the best friend of the most popular guy in our batch, Kim Jongin. But despite him being the best friend, he doesn’t include himself as one of the IT boys freshmen batch in school. And how do I know this? Everybody knows this, and for me, I accidentally heard someone talking about this during our first semester. End of the story. Okay, I know two additional facts about Do Kyungsoo, he is into cooking and singing, that’s all.

“I know.” was my only response. He pulled up another warm smile. “Are you sure you don’t need help?” pointing to my books.

“No. I’m good.” I am not sure why is he starting a conversation with me, same thing, why is he still in the room, but the feeling of finally speaking to another human being besides myself was kind of a relief. At least I know I am not invisible to everybody.

“Thanks.” This was my last word before finally bringing myself out of the room. My mind has this strange way of over analyzing things, and while I am putting my school stuff back to my locker, my mind is doing it again. I need to get to the gym right now before my brain starts exploding… but hey I didn’t know he’d be this super cute up close. Oh shut up, Ryan.

I moved my feet as fast as I could and traversed all three buildings to the gymnasium in less than five minutes, that’s history for me!

The game is now on its second half. I sat on the farthest bleacher as possible, away from the curious eyes, as always. Only a few students go up here, if not the girlfriends of the varsity players, the fans and some of their other friends were the only ones who care to watch their practice game. Kim Jongin, is part of the basketball team, same goes with his fellow freshmen IT Boys, Park Chanyeol and Wu Kris, but they were still categorized as the amateur ones. and right now they were the ones on the court playing a game with the Seniors headed by Lee Donghae, the IT of the IT Boys.

“Are you one of Jongin’s minions?” The same soft voice asked me. Seriously, why is this man always freaking me out? I didn’t notice he is already sitting next to me. For the second time, I held again my pounding chest.

“Geez, please inform me when are you going to appear. And to answer your question, no I am not like those pompom girls who are head over heels with your best friend, I just like watching basketball plays.”

“What if I tell you he likes you? Would you believe me?” His question did not pierce any of my senses because I was disturbed by the serious closeness of his face to mine. Just one more move and our faces would collide with each other.

He backed away when he saw my blank expression. “Okay. Wrong move. I’m sorry.” And he returned back to his I’m a quiet nice boy persona.

Why is he acting like that? Slowly, the realization of thinking Do Kyungsoo might have this bipolar in him kept on creeping on my brain cells. He will suddenly approach me on the last day of the semester, will act all friendly and helpful, and then surprise me with this unexpected ‘wrong move’ he just said.

A little freaked out, I took my bag and without saying anything I moved out from the gymnasium, forgot about the game, and walked out from the school.

 

 

**********************************

[a/n:] so the same thing like what I said in my description no PLOT just yet.. :L

I don't know why I am even posting this but .. probably I am just exercising my freedom to write? hahaha.. Technical errors, grammars, tenses, were still included in this update. INCLUDED? what the heck?? It's because my PROOFREADER is still out from this planet. :(( seriiously. :P

so please bear with me.

Okay. just a very tiny gist for what i wanted to happen. I am a super duper 10 to the 110th power overly attracted to Do Kyungsoo, so I wnt hime to become the main/lead/major whatever.. character in this story. And ... i was intoxicated by too much reading of Kaisoo to the extent that I was already overdosed and needs a break so ... this is a BOY-GIRL story.

I'll try try try my very best not to get distracted andmake this a Kaisoo fic. haha. (so i must get jongin out from the scene? LOL. No! If kyungsoo is present,jongin has to be there, and vice versa..)

 

AGAIN.. there is no story line, no plot, no twists, whatsoever, just purely expressing the mood i have while I started this.. so bear with me and if it'sokay, suggest, recommend, etc..

 

this may end up as one cliche story, and people might give negative reactions, but it's okay. I need to practice more, I am not a professional writer, but I have a dream so I'll make those 'possible' negative reactions turn into constructive criticisms.. :))

 

let's all be positive!!! ^^ EXO hwaiting.