Chapter 2

Angry Bird's Persistent Girl

 

 


Ringgg Ringgg Ringgg

 

 


"Yeoboseyo, umma?" Kris answered his phone. They were on their way to Xiumin and Jiyoung's place to celebrate his comeback.


"Son, are you back?" Mrs. Wu asked from the other line.


"Deh, I'm with Xiumin and his wife right now." Kris replied.


"Son could you come to the company first. I want to see you please." Mrs. Wu said. Kris chuckled, he could imagine his mother making cutesy while saying that.

"Okay mom, I'll go there." Kris said.

"I'll wait in your father's office then. Bye, honey." Mrs. Wu said.

"Arraso, bye mom." Kris replied and ended the call. He turned to Xiumin that was driving that time and said, "Hey baozi, could you drop me to our company first. I'll just follow to your place later."


"Sure but don't be late." Xiumin unharmfully warned as he turned the car to Kris company's direction.


*Oh I'm scared.* Kris thought and mentally smirked.


 


 


"Hello, Chairman Wu. Hello, Mrs. Wu." Hyomun cheerfully greeted as she entered Mr. Wu's office.

"Hello there, Hyomun. You seem cheerful today." Mrs. Wu stated while smiling.

"Aren't I every day?" Hyomun playfully questioned, settling down the couples orders. They have become Hyomun's customer for two years after that incident.

 

 

FLASHBACK


Hyomun was closing her steel box after giving out the orders to their customers when she saw a bracelet on the floor. She crouched down and picked up the bracelet that was not there earlier. Looking left and right, she tried to look for a possible person that may lose the bracelet. She then spotted a middle-aged woman walking just a few meters away.


"Excuse me ma'am." Hyomun called while running after the woman.

The woman turned and faced her with a puzzled look. "Yes?" the woman asked.


"I believe this is yours." Hyomun said as she opened her palm, showing the bracelet.

"Oh my God! This is mine. Thank you." The woman gasped and took the bracelet from Hyomun. "Thank God you found it. This is my son's gift. Thank you so much. What's your name, dear?" she asked.


Hyomun didn't answer. She was stunned by the woman's beauty. She looked like a hollywood actress since she doesn't look Korean at all.

"Hello dear, are you still there?" The woman worriedly asked.


"Yeppuda" Hyomun subconsciously murmured. It is one of Hyomun's unique characteristics, to say her thoughts out loud.

The woman was surprised by the sudden compliment but laughed anyway, "Silly girl" she said and patted Hyomun's head.


Hyomun snapped out, "Deh? Did you say anything, ma'am?" she abruptly asked.

The woman chuckled and nodded, "I was asking for your name."

Hyomun oh-ed and give respect as she introduced herself. "Kang Hyomun-imnida."

"I'm Priscella Wu." The woman introduced.

"Wow ma'am, your surname is the same as this company."

"I get that a lot." the woman muttered and chuckled.

"Aish, I forgot I still need to deliver." with that Hyomun run back to her steel box then back to the

woman. She took a pack of cookies and handed it to the woman. "It's our anniversary today and this a little gift from us. Our company's contact is there so I'm hoping you'll be one of our regular customer." Hyomun bowed and left. The woman looked at the cutely packed cookies and smile, following the direction where Hyomun went.


Next Day

"Hyomun-sshi" Minsoo called.

"Deh" Hyomun answered and walked towards Minsoo.

"You're really something kid. It's just your second day but somebody called ordered a delivery." Minsoo paused.

Hyomun confusedly furrowed her eyebrows, "What's the connection with me?"

"The woman called and specifically want you to deliver her order. Her name was Priscella Wu. You know her?" Minsoo informed and asked at the same time.

Hyomun smiled and nodded, "Deh"


END OF FLASHBACK

 

 


"You are always, dear." Mrs. Wu as she chuckled. Hyomun was like a sun to them. Whenever she's there, the whole place would bright with just her smile and when she started talking it only makes things brighter and happier. Everytime she would go to Mr. Wu's office to deliver, she always have a story to tell.


"So what happened today?" Mr. Wu asked. Even him grew fond with Hyomun's straightforwardness and humor.

"You never believe what I would tell you Mr. Wu. Remember the guy I told you who like the curly office girl." Hyomun started.

"What happened? Did he confessed?" Mrs. Wu excitedly asked. It was as if she was listening to a romantic drama.

"Nuh, but he heard that girl really like wasabi so he ordered her two servings of wasabi. I mean... two servings of pure wasabi and nothing else. Was he going burn her alive?" Hyomun animatedly and exaggeratedly said. "Poor girl." she added and sigh.

Mrs. Wu and Mr. Wu chuckled with Hyomun's reactions. It was as if she was the one having the hardest time than person she's telling them.

"Don't think about it to much, dear. The girl might find it unique and intriguing then that would be the start." Mrs. Wu comforted.

Hyomun's face lightened as a wide smile started to form in her lips. "You know Mrs. Wu, this is the reason why I like you. You're so optimistic with all of things." she said and just then the intercom on Mr. Wu's table rings.


"Yes let him in." Mr. Wu said and hang up.

"I'd better go now. Goodbye Mr. Wu. Bye, Mrs. Wu." Hyomun bid her goodbye and turn to leave when the door opened exactly at the same time she faced the door.

 

 


1 second...

 

 

 

 

 

 


2 seconds. . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 seconds. . .

 

 

"HOLY SMOKES... GOD?" Hyomun gaped at the person that just entered.

 



Kris entered his father's office after he stop by his father's secretary when he came to face to face with a girl. Kris didn't know why but he have the gut feeling that he have seen this girl before.

 

 

 

 

 


"HOLY SMOKES... GOD?" the girl suddenly gaped at him.

*God? Who? Me?* Kris asked mentally, admitting to himself that he was startled by the girl's reaction. Kris looked at 

his parents that were silently laughing from the back.

 

"I MEAN NO... If he is God then I should be dead but then again I'm not dead." Hyomun started to blubber things that was supposed to be her thoughts. "He kinda looks like an angry bird too. Aish what am I thinking?" she continued.

 

*Angry bird? Is this girl serious. Thinking she said? Doesn't she know she's saying her thoughts out loud.* Kris thought while raising his eyebrow.


"Appa, umma, who is she?" Kris asked as she pointed to the girl.

As if on cue, the girl answered, "Kang Hyomun-imnida."


Mr. Wu stood up and walked towards Hyomun. He placed his hand on top of Hyomun's and gently patted it. "Hyomun meet my son, Kris and Kris meet Hyomun." Mr. Wu introduced them.


Now that name rings a bell to Kris. He can remember his mother mentioning that name once or twice when he was still in China.


Hyomun gaped at Mr. Wu, "WOW! Daebak Mr. Wu. You did a very fine combination with Mrs. Wu. Your son is handsome." Hyomun said truthfully that sent Mr. Wu to chuckle.

 

*Wah! She's so blunt with her comments and she seems pretty close with my parents too.* Kris thought again.


"Oh, I remember I have to go. For the second time, bye Mr. Wu. Bye, Mrs. Wu. Bye Kris-sshi." Hyomun bowed and left.


As the door closed, Kris gave his parents a care-to-explain look.


"Son, remember when I told you that I almost lost your bracelet gift and then a girl returned it to me. She is the girl I'm talking about. She's adorable, right?" Mrs. Wu said while smiling.

 

"Oh... so she's the girl." Kris muttered. *but I have to disagree mom. 'blunt' was more suitable word to describe her.


"She seems pretty close..." Kris commented while looking at his father.

Mr. Wu understands Kris's look and chuckled, "She's kind of... Hyomun is like a stress reliever to us." he paused and nodded, agreeing to what he said.

"but lets talk about you. Are you ready to handle our business here?" Mr. Wu swiftly changed the topic to Kris but before he could answer.


"Men and their business." Mrs. Wu said while shaking her head. "Don't listen to your father. We'll talk about it later at home. Are you going to have a party with your friends?" She asked and Kris nodded.

"Go and have fun then. Don't mind your appa. He's just workaholic... and soon he's gonna bald his head because of it." Mrs. Wu said and whispered the last part.

Kris chuckled and nodded. "I'm going then." he said and hugged his mom then his father.
(A/N: huh see what I did... Family bonding. I LIKE.)

 

 

 

 

 


__________________________________________________
Annyeong!

I was supposed to post this chap yesterday but then we need to extend our working hours, leaving me no time to update.

After work I still need to travel for an hour to get home. (SIGH. TIRED) And there's no net connection. (cries)


but I'm happy now that I already post it.

 

I hope you guys like this chap.

 

COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!!!