Chapter 1

Angry Bird's Persistent Girl

 

FLASHBACK

Two Years Ago

 

"You're hired." Mrs. Lee announced as she finished the interview with Hyomun.

"Jinja?" Hyomun exclaimed, feeling ecstatic. She realized her voice got louder because of her excitement. "Mianeyo." she apologized and bowed.

Mrs. Lee chuckled, "That's all right. I reacted the same when I was hired to any company I applied to but...

Are you sure you're okay with the position since it's the only vacant one?" Mrs. Lee asked, unsure. The only vacant job they were hiring was delivery position.

"Yes ma'am, any job will do." Hyomun earnestly answered.

Mrs. Lee nodded. She likes Hyomun's attitude. She could feel her pleasing personality and she looks approachable too. "Well then, would you mind starting today?" she asked.

"Of course" Hyomun immediately answered.

"Here" Mrs. Lee handed Hyomun the motor key. "Go to the kitchen and look for  Minsoo. You can ask him for the delivery list." she informed.

Hyomun nodded and stood up, "Thank you for hiring me. I promise to do good in my work and happy anniversary for your business." she bowed and left Mrs. Lee's office.

Hyomun didn't have the difficulty in finding the kitchen since it was just beside Mrs. Lee's office. She entered the kitchen and saw the busy staffs going back and fort.

"Excuse me." Hyomun interrupted as a girl that she guessed to be about her age passed her.

"Deh?" the girl asked.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Hyomun-imnida." Hyomun greeted first and bowed. "I was just hired and Mrs. Lee told me to look for Minsoo-sshi." she continued.

"Hi! I'm Soyoung." Soyoung greeted back. "See that guy over there," she pointed to a particular guy at the distance, writing something down on a piece of paper. "That's Minsoo-ah, you're looking for and by the way congrats on your new work." she went off with a smile.

"Kamsahamnida" Hyomun smilingly hollered which Soyoung replied with a nod. She went to the guy that Soyoung told her was Minsoo.

"Excuse me, are you Minsoo-sshi?" Hyomun asked, tapping Minsoo's shoulder. Minsoo looked back at her and she was taken aback seeing his scowling face early in the morning but she tried to hide it.

"Who are you? How did you get here?" He bombarded with a scowl.


*This guy has issues.* Hyomun thought but she keep it cool. "I'm Park Hyomun and I'm new here. Mrs. Lee said to look for you here and get the delivery list for today." she answered politely. She wouldn't want an enemy on her first day of work.

"You're a girl." Minsoo said in a matter of fact eyeing Hyomun up and down. "Are you sure you're the right person Mrs. Lee hired?" he continued to question.


*What the... can't he just give me that dang delivery list?* Hyomun thought and scoffed in her mind. She fetched the key from her pocket and showed it to Minsoo, not knowing she really did the scoffed in her mind.

 


Surprisingly Minsoo suddenly laughed so hard, making Hyomun confused. *Owwkayy... I think this Minsoo guy totally lose it.*

 

"Hyomun-ah, don't mind him. He's totally crazy sometimes and he always scare the new employees. It's his happiness." Soyoung suddenly appeared from Hyomun's side and whispered to her ear, making Hyomun jumped back a bit. She then looked at Minsoo and chuckled.

"He got me there, huh?" It was rather a statement than a question.


"I like you kiddo. You're different from Soyoung and the others who almost cried when I did that." Minsoo ruffled Hyomun's hair. "Here's the list and be careful on your way." he handed the paper he was writing on earlier and did a 'fighting' sign.


"Fighting" Hyomun smiled and did a 'fighting' sign as well.

 



Ringgg Ringgg Ringgg...


"Yeobseyo, appa?" Kris answered his phone after excusing himself from his friends, seeing that his father was calling. They were in a boutique to take their measurements for the suits that they will use in Luhan and __________'s wedding.


"Come to my office now. I have something to tell." Kris's father said from the other line.

"Okay, I'll be there. Bye." Kris replied and they both hang up the phone. Kris thought that the thing that his father wanted tell was related to business. He's father wasn't the type who would call in the middle of working hours just to check up on him, plus, he sounded serious too.


"Hey guys, I'm gonna head out first. I need to go to the company." Kris informed as he went back to the others. The rest of EXO nodded. They now how busy Kris was even before they graduated college and got busier after that.

Kris left the boutique actually thankful that his father called him. He wasn't really feeling good to all that was happening. I mean, who would when the girl you like is marrying another guy and it has to be his friend. He already gave up on __________ but that doesn't mean he was exempted on being hurt.


 


 


"Wu Company" Hyomun muttered as she reached her next destination to deliver. She parked the motor and took the medium size steel box that contains all the food she has to deliver. She entered the building and went to the front desk and asked for their five customers' work floor.

"They are all in the eighth floor miss." the girl in the front desk informed.


"Kamsahamnida" Hyomun smiled and bowed. She took a cutely wrapped cookies in the steel box and handed it to the girl. "It is our anniversary today and we are hoping for you to try our food and eventually be our customer. Our contacts and address are in there." she tried to salestalk and pointed to the wrapped cookies that has a small paper inside containing their address and contacts.

"Okay. Thanks for the cookies and happy anniversary as well." the girl in the front desk said. Hyomun flashed another smile, bowed and left to ride an elevator.

*WOW he's tall* Hyomun thought, amazed by the guy's height that was also waiting for the elevator to come down. Hyomun hardly see the guy's face since he was wearing a black cap and black shades but she took notice of the guy's

flawless face and perfectly pointed nose.

*I think he's handsome.* Hyomun thought. She suddenly sensed the guy was about to look at her way, she immediately plugged in her earphones to her ears and drown herself into music, acting like nothing happened when in fact she stared or studied him like a specimen under microscope.

 



Kris arrived at their company and was at the first floor waiting for the elevator to come down when he felt like someone was watching him. When he looked at his side he noticed the girl beside him, holding a medium size steel box.

She wore a faded skinny jeans and a simple printed collar shirt with a pair of never out styled converse shoes and her hair was neatly tied up. She have earphones plugged in to her ears while her head kept on bobbing, probably following the rhythm of whatever song she was listening. Somehow she reminded him of __________. His love.

 

 

 

 

Tinggg...

The sound of the elevator snapped Kris back to reality. He casually entered the elevator and pressed the 10th floor button. The girl entered as well, placed the steel box on the floor and pressed the 8th floor button. She stood next to the steel box, still bobbing her head. They were the only ones riding the elevator.

The girl and __________'s similarities resulted to Kris taking another glance at the girl. Subconsciously, he started comparing them. At first glance, he could tell that __________ was taller than this girl beside him but the way they chose simple clothes was similar.

*Stop comparing them Kris. You don't even know this girl, plus, you need to move on with __________. She's already getting married with your friend.* Kris scolded himself as he lightly shooked his head.

 

"MWORAGO?" the girl exclaimed, raising her head. Kris was literaly shocked and startled at the girl's sudden reaction.


*Did I just said my thoughts out loud?* Kris thought as he panicked.


"I..." Kris tried to explain when...

 

 

"OPPA GANGNAM STYLE... Ehh... Ehh... Ehh... OPPA GANGNAM STYLE!" the girl sang loudly while dancing to the song's dance step.


Kris looked away...

 

 

took a deep breath...

 

 

 

 

 

keeping himself calm as possible...

 


but...

 

 

 

 

 

He can't hold it in and bursted out laughing. Thankfully the girl didn't turn and notice him laughing. He figured that the volume of the girl's earphones were on maximum level. Kris admits that her voice was alright but her dancing was a

 


Disaster!!!
I tell you,
D I S A S T E R!!!

 

 


Tinggg...


They reached the eighth floor and the girl stopped dancing and singing loudly. She picked up her steel box and carried it in her arms. Kris straightened his back, put on his poker face and acted like he didn't witnessed something hilarious. The girl was slowly exiting the elevator when...

 

"I saw that." Hyomun said as she abruptly turned and came face to face with Kris. She pointed her two

fingers at her eyes then pointed it to Kris as if telling him 'I CAN SEE YOU' while her eyebrows meet and finally stepping out of the elevator. Kris was just frozen in his spot but before he could even open his mouth to explain himself, Hyomun beat her to it.

 

"It's okay. Smile always. Annyeong." Hyomun said with her wide smile, replacing her frowning expression. She waved her hand and winked at Kris, the elevator's door closing.

Kris was taken aback by the sudden 360 change but then he chuckled, "Unbelievable" he laughingly muttered.


Soon after, Kris arrived at the tenth floor where his father's office was located. He immediately went to his father's office after informing his arrival to his father's secretary.

 

 

 

 

 

"Son, you're here." Mr. Wu said as he recognized his son's presence in his office.


Kris nodded, "Deh appa, what is it that you want to tell me?" he directly asked.


"Straightforward as ever..." Mr. Wu chuckled, "I want you to handle our business in China." he informed.


Kris nodded once again, "When will I leave?" he asked, hoping it will be before the wedding.


"After your friend's wedding." Mr. Wu answered. He also knew about Luhan and __________'s wedding since he and his wife along with Kris is invited to the wedding.


*GREAT... just when I thought I would have a reason not to attend.* Kris thought and sighed inwardly. "Alright. Is that all?" he asked. Mr. Wu nodded and with that Kris left his father's office.

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

PRESENT

 

"KRISSS OVERRR HEREEEEEEEE!!!" Xiumin excitedly yelled as childishly waved his hand to get Kris's attention.

Kris shooked his head and looked down, embarrassed at his friend's childish behavior, to think that Xiumin is the eldest in their group and he is with his wife at the moment. Kris walked towards Xiumin and his wife, who was there to fetch him from the airport. Kris arrived from China and only Xiumin knows since Kris knew that everyone was busy.


"YAH, stop flailing your hands like a kid. You're embarrassing me." Jiyoung whisperly scolded her husband, Xiumin.

Kris chuckled as he watched Jiyoung scolded Xiumin. "Yah, baozi. You should listen to your wife." Kris chided as he lightly hug Yewon.

Xiumin dramatically gasped, hardly believing that his friend and his wife is ganging up on him but there's one thing that affected him more. Their hug. Xiumin wedged Jiyoung and Kris apart. He hugged Jiyoung like a kuala bear and playfully glared at Kris. "Find your own. Jiyoung is mine." he declared, gaining attention from the passersby. Kris laughed while Yewon blushed.


"I'm glad you didn't tell the others." Kris said, changing the topic.

Xiumin slowly broke his kuala bear hug on Jiyoung, turning to Kris. "Why didn't you want all of us to fetch you? That would be so much fun if they are all here." Xiumin stated in a matter-of-fact.


Kris nodded, agreeing in a way. "Yeah but that would be a lot of hassle and thinking about their fans. It would totally be a hard escape." Kris said. All except for him, Xiumin, Luhan and Suho were in a rookie idol group named after their high school group name, EXO.

Xiumin nodded in agreement then he suddenly clapped his hands. "Well then lets go and surprise them." He beamed, grabbing Jiyoung's hand and securily held on it while leading the way to exit the airport.