At my house - Jonghyun

Long Lost Princess of the Forest Kingdom

 

“Where am I?” I turned around and the horses that I saw earlier in the painting were in front of me, galloping around. I brushed the grass away and walked towards the apple tree in front of me.

“Hey, you are not supposed to be here. How can you get in without passing through the guards?” A male voice came from behind. He made me nearly into a heart attack but this voice is very familiar. I turned around and saw the boy that helped me last night! I rubbed my eyes rapidly and blinked a few times to confirm with it. Yes, he is! He is the one!

“You! What are you doing here?” I asked, pointing at him. Then a few of the guards clenched to my arms.

“Ouch! It hurts! Hey! Let me go!” I tried to struggle but they were too strong.

“Your majesty, what shall we do with this imposter?” One of the guards asked him. Imposter?! I’m not an imposter!

“Hey! Hey! Hey! Watch your mouth mister! I’m not an imposter and I don’t have any idea how I can made into here!” The guard at my side glared me. Man, he was scary.

“Let her go. She is my friend.” The boy said and soon the guards let me go. They bowed to him before they went off with their horses.

“Did you hear what he said just now? If you did, then you can get the answer why am I here.” He said. I cannot really remember but what I did was scanning him from the top to the bottom. He had this mantel tied at his neck, a pair of leather boots to the knees level and a white scarlet jacket for his top. It is a complete set of a costume for the prince. Prince?! He is a prince?!

“You are the prince of this kingdom?”

“Bingo. Now get onto the horse and follow me back.” He reached out his hand to help me get onto his horse.

“Wait. I don’t know your name, y..your majesty.” This is totally awkward! Let me jump off the cliff! I felt my face is burning right now!

“Haha, just call me Jonghyun. No ‘your majesty’ is added please.” He chuckled and helped me gets onto the horse. I thought I will be sitting behind but now, he was the one behind me and plus, back hug. How am I supposed to describe this? As a girl, I feel so embarrassed at the current situation.

He brought me back to his castle as a lot of knights, maids and butlers were waiting at the front door. Ha, just imagine the castle is like in the fairytale story where it was built at the cliff. Actually, it was true. Everything was exactly as in the fairytale story. The difference is only happened in the modern era. I didn’t even know they still exist in this century, sort of.

“Here we are. My house. Follow me because I want to bring you to someone.” He said and jumped off from the horse with the help offered.” We both, went to the main hall and there was a King and the Queen sitting at the Royal’s seat, right across from me.

“Jonghyun, you are back!” The Queen approached as she stood from her seat and walked towards us. I stopped at my tracks and watched as they hugged each other. After that, a little girl ran to him and called his name severely.

“Oppa! Hyun oppa! 너 왔구나!” said the girl. Err, excuse me. Can I know what kind of language are you using right now? I don’t understand and please pardon me. Sounds like Korean language.

“네. 네” Jonghyun replied and her hair. The girl realised my presence and she walked to me. The Queen and Jonghyun turned back, seeing myself awkward standing there alone and I do not know what kind of language they have been using just now.

“You must be the girl that Jonghyun oppa had been talking about these past few days” she said and held my hands.

“Ah, I see.” I awkwardly reply her. I saw Jonghyun said something to The Queen and a smile formed on her pink lips. She then walked to me and held my hand.

“Thank you for saving my son. How can I ever pay you back?” She said.

“No-no. I’m honored to save he’s life. It is okay. I don’t expect to be rewarded.”

“You are very kind my dear. What is your name?”

“My name is Annabelle, My Queen”

“I see. You have such a pair of lovely eyes. The same as the one I have seen before. You do really look alike my late daughter.” The Queen caressed my cheek and tears started to roll down from the corner of her blue eyes.

“I’m sorry to hear that, My Queen.” Jonghyun then came and supported her. Some of the maids helped her back to her quarters accompanied by her little daughter.

“Sorry about that. She misses her daughter so much and that’s why mother can’t control her feelings.” Jonghyun said.

“It is okay. I understand how a mother feels. Sometimes, I did talk to myself, ‘where is my mother all these while’ but nothing helps me until now.” The silence occur, the tense atmosphere did really made the two of us speechless.

“Sorry, I don’t mean to say it here. So sorry.”

“Nah. Not a big problem though. You will be staying here for a while. I hope it doesn’t bother you in anyways.” Jonghyun walked out from the main door as I followed him at the side. He brought me all around the castle and showed me his favourite places during his spare time. While having a tour around the green house, I saw a pot of my favourite flowers; purple and white lavenders. It is so beautiful.  

“Jonghyun ssi, did you water them every day?” I asked him while taking a smell of the lavenders.

“No. Mother take care all of them. I just come here to have a nice picture of flowers that she takes care of.” He replied and I can hear he turned around because of the sound from his sword. “Why?”

“I like lavenders. Especially the purple and white colour.” I said and smiled to the pretty lavenders. There were varieties of flowers with so many colours. One of the favourite of mine is the white roses. It is magnificent! I think I start to like this place more than the campsite.

“I see. Shall we have a ride? I really want to race with you, someday.” Jonghyun teased me and I saw he was grinning before he left the green house.

“I know you don’t mean it Jonghyun ssi.”

“Actually, I just did. The game starts here!” He shouted and ran to the horse stable.

“Hey! Wait up! I need proper attire for the ride! Hey Jonghyun ssi! Wait for me!” I called but he never turned back. A prince who always wanted to win in anything? I guess so.

The maids pulled me into the castle and helped me change into proper attire. I then ran back to the horse stable and choose one of the horses. Kyuhyun had waited for me outside for the race as I buckling up the safety pads and helmet.

“On your mark.. Get set.. GO!” We then race as I kept on looking to my side, wishing Kyuhyun is left behind.

The two of us in the same row. I kept on hitting the horse with the stick and it ran faster than Kyuhyun. I’m leading now. Another two more laps and we will see the final winner. 

45 minutes passed…

“You did a god job Mr. Horse. Thank you so much.” I said and his nose. The horse ate the apple I placed on my palm and Jonghyun approached me.

“You are good. Too bad I lost to a girl.” He smiled.

“It is okay. You can try harder next time. Haha” I laughed and we both walked out with the helmets in our hands. The maids helped me took off the safety pads and brought a pair of new clothes. It was really refreshing after the shower and I felt so tired after the race. I wonder what is going on at the campsite. Are they looking for me here? Or maybe not?

Then a knock on the door and Jonghyun peeked into my room. “Shall I take you a tour around the house? I haven’t brought you to the underground rooms.” He said.

“Sure. You seem excited to bring me here and there huh?” I chuckled as he closed the door behind me. While I was walking through the hallway, I saw myself in royal gown in the mirror. I really look stunning with it. I just wish I can take this back home.

“Nice isn’t it?” Jonghyun suddenly asked, placing his hands on my shoulders.

“It is. Thank you for lending me one of these.”

“You are welcome. Hey, do you realise or not? We really look like royal siblings. Somehow, I saw myself in you. Are you… never mind. I think it too much.” He said and let his hands off from me. We then walked in the dark with a two candle each. I looked around and it really looked like an old mansion down here. Exactly like what in Rapunzel’s story. I pulled my gown a little so that I can walk easily and we stopped in front of a big door.

Jonghyun unlocked it and the lights. Everything lighted up. I saw a lot of frames along the way, side by side were hung gorgeously on the wall. “Come.”

As I was walking through the old and antique-look-alike hallway, I saw a big frame of the royal family picture. There was The King, Queen, Jonghyun and her younger sister that I saw earlier. But then, I saw someone familiar that exactly looked like me. I’m not too sure how do I look back time but I’m sure I have the looks. I walked further in and there was another big framed picture, as high as the wall. It was in vintage colour and The Queen was holding a baby.

I zoomed a little and the candle dropped from my hand. Jonghyun heard I gasped and he immediately turned back. “What is wrong Anna?” he ran as soon as I dropped on the floor.