Nobody had believed me

Long Lost Princess of the Forest Kingdom

 

Although I was telling the truth, none of my friends and teachers believed me. They even thought I was so tired and I can't  think properly. Why everyone said the same thing? I was telling the truth! I totally saw the buildings and the people.

“It’s okay. I understand. You must be tired. Have a good rest then.” Said one of them; patting my shoulder and a smile on her face.

“No. You don’t understand. I don’t want to repeat this again and again but I really did saw everything. Why don’t you go with me and I will show you. I will prove it.”

“How far it is from here?” Jeanny asked.

“I think it is not that far, I guess?” I tilted my head to her and seemed she really wanted to know what I have seen.

“If you say so, I will go with you, together. Tomorrow morning.”

That night, everyone went to sleep as I still sitting on a big rock near the river bank. The sound of the water flows really does relaxing. I turned back, looking at those tents and suddenly one of the participants came out, flashing a smile at me. Wait, I did not know him and why did I not realise he was with us along the program? I just saw his presence now.

“Hey, what are you doing at the boy’s campsite here? Aren’t you supposed to be sleeping by now?” he asked, walking towards my direction.

“I’m the one who supposed to ask that first. Just to have some calming therapy. And how about you? Why are you here?” I shot him back with a harshly intonation but he still has that sweet smile plastered on his face.

“Me? I cannot stay here? I can’t sleep. Wow, this place is really nice! Maybe I should spend time here more starting from tomorrow.” He replied and took a sit next to me. He then looked up and raised his hand as if he is trying to grab the stars, shining brightly in the sky. I hugged my legs to my chest and rest my chin on my knees. Sighing out loud and closed my eyes without bothering who was sitting beside me.

“I heard about the ‘crazy little girl’ trying to say the truth about something she saw.” His voice, clearly right to my left ear. Wait what? Crazy little girl? I’m enough with the things had happened just now and now he is trying to make me burst out again?

“What did you just said?”

“Hey. Hey. I’m just kidding okay. Geez.”

“Fine.” I mumbled under my breath. We do not talk or do anything and suddenly I saw everything went blackout. The next morning I woke up, I saw myself, lying inside my tent. I sat up and stretched out. My tent members were not around so as a conclusion I woke up late. I walked out of the tent and saw the boy I talked to last night was waiting for me at the side of the tent.

“Good morning?” I started, rubbing my eyes and yawned.

“Hey, it’s afternoon already. You are really a sleeping beauty huh.” He chuckled. His voice was really distracting and I had the feel of wanting to smack him at the back of his head but I have to hold my anger deeply inside. Not to show the side of my boyish attitude.

“Everyone is waiting for you at the café.” He said, standing up and dusted away the dirt on his pants.

-Café-

As I walked in, Jeanny waved at me and patted at the space next to her. I put my tray and thanked her for the offer. While everyone was eating, the silence broke by Jeanny.

“The boy that you came with just now, he was the one who took you back to the tent. He said you fell asleep near the river bank.”

“Really? I thought I was passed out.” 

“Why are you so careless? If he was not there with you, probably you have drowned in the river. And you even sat at the river bank!” her voice rose.

“I’m sorry. I don’t mean to.” I apologised.

“It’s okay. It has already happened and it can’t turn back either. So how is it? Shall we go to the place you have said yesterday?” she asked, putting all the cutleries next to her plate.

“Yeah.”

The two of us left the café and since there were no activities for today so I guess it would not be a problem right? I brought a bottle of mineral water, torchlight and a small backpack just in case if we get lose in this forest. We started our journey with just the two of us and I almost forgot to thank that boy earlier. I have forgotten to ask his name too. How generous am I.

As I remembered, I need to climb up the hill and follow the river. The problem is, where the heck is the river and the hill? I’m really sure this is the path and we are almost out of foods and water. I wish some fairy godmother or something to bring us to that place.

“Annabelle, you said it is not that far but I think we have been walking for kilometers already.” Jeanny interrupted my thoughts.

“I know but I couldn’t find the hill and the river. I remembered this is the path and we have to find the hill to meet the river. The river will lead us to the place.” I said, averting my eyes to the surroundings.

I continued walking and as what I thought, Jeanny is still following me. I searched right and left for the hill but seem we are lost. Yes. Good job and I did not make any marking at the tree if in case we are lost. Do not ever give up and continue walking but I felt something strange here. The sense of something is not right. I felt uneasy and quickly turned around, finding Jeanny is not with me anymore! I walked back to the earlier path and she disappeared just in a second. At least, if she is lost I still can see her somewhere from a far but negative of her presence in my sight.

No-no. I have to continue my journey. I brought camera along and this can prove them what I have seen. Just take as Jeanny turned back to the campsite. After one hour, I saw the hill and I can hear the river! Finally! Thank God! I ran towards the river and follow the flows. Before I continued walking, I filled up my bottle so that I can survive just in case if I lose energy in the middle of the way. Listening to the sound of the crickets and seeing butterfly flying around me, it made me excited to see that place again.

A few meters away, I saw the tower! In the end I saw the tower! This was the kingdom that I’m talking about. The Kingdom of Forest. I passed through the main gate and greeted the people. Some of them noticed me and they hugged me in full of excitement. A few of the kids ran to me as I squatted to hug them.

“Annabelle, you came back.” One of the kids’ mothers approaching us.

“Yes. I’m back. Actually I brought an accompaniment but I believed she turned back. Nobody had believed me that I saw this place.” The lady did not reply me with words but just a simple smile. I said to the kids that I wanted to have a walk around the town then I will play with them. They agreed with me.

I went into the town further and I saw the kingdom’s castle. I really want to go in there but I’m nobody to them. They do not know me and I have no rights to enter the castle. I saw a restaurant nearby and took a break after the long journey. I ordered a set of the lunch menu but then something attracted me. There was a drawing of the kingdom using the oil paints. There were also horses galloping at the castle’s field. My hands instantly touched the drawing and I emerged into the painting. They dragged me to somewhere and threw me on the ground. Aww, my .