Don't Say Goodbye

Completely Devoted to You

 

Jonghyun's POV at the beginning and end.  Please enjoy :3

Chapter 49: Don’t Say Goodbye

            “Jonghyun, do you want to go out to eat before practice?” Yonghwa asked.  I was lying on my bed looking at the ceiling.

            “No,” I replied in a monotone voice.  It was about 3 months since we left Korea.  Yonghwa was trying his best to cheer me up, but I couldn’t stop reminiscing.  I didn’t even try to forget her.  I was doing my best at playing guitar and I was doing my best to keep myself from going back to Korea.  I missed home and I missed Misun.  When I saw cute things in the American department stores, I was reminded of her.  I prayed that Minhyuk and Jungshin were taking care of her.

            “Okay, I’ll bring you something,” Yonghwa said as he left my room.  I turned over to lie on my side.  My heart felt like a piece was missing, but I knew I would have to live with it.

 

            “I wonder how they’re doing in America?” I asked Minhyuk as we ate breakfast.  I was no longer depressed, but I longed to hear Jonghyun’s voice again.

            “It’s only been a few months, but we can check an international television channel sometime,” Minhyuk suggested.  Jungshin was practicing the bass.

            “What do you guys even do anymore since CNBLUE is apart?” I asked while biting into my bread.  I still attended school and worked at the music store and the school.

            “Mhmm, we do modeling sometimes,” Minhyuk said as he shoved food into his mouth.  I laughed softly to myself.  I wonder how many girls would kill to watch Minhyuk eat breakfast.

            “Don’t forget dramas,” Jungshin said as he shot a glance our way.  My school had just finished for the year, and Minhyuk and I were getting ready for the music recital at the school.  We were going to teach them basics of the guitar today, and do a review on piano.

            “Maybe I should do fulltime teaching,” Minhyuk pondered as I grabbed my bag with my schoolwork.

            “Talk to the principal about it,” I said as I took out my keys to the dorm.  “Minhyuk, bring my guitar later, okay?” I asked as I opened the door.  He nodded and I left to go to school.

 

            “Your skills are advanced!  We can probably release an album this year; I thought it would take longer,” our manager said.  I wasn’t really listening to what he was saying.

            “Thank you,” Yonghwa said in English.  He was fluent in English, but I still had some difficulties.  I set my guitar on its stand.

            “Will it come out in Korea too?” I asked seriously.  The manager looked at me because I rarely talked to him.

            “If it is an amazing album,” he said.  I smiled.  I would show everyone in Korea how well I was doing.  I had a new goal.

 

            “Have a nice day,” I said to my professor and classmates as I left my last class for the day.  There was a giant crowd of people on the campus.  “Ugh, I don’t want to be late,” I said as I maneuvered my way through the crowd.

            “Who’s that handsome guy?  Is he married?” a girl whispered to her group of friends.  They giggled loudly to draw attention.  I turned to look at the girls beside me and gave them a disgusted look.

            “Misun-ah!  Are you ready to go?” a voice yelled from the center of the crowd.

            “Minhyuk?!” I exclaimed.  Several girls who were eyeing him turned to give me dirty looks.

            “Let’s go!” he said.  I rushed over to him to avoid the girls’ glares.  He handed me Jonghyun’s guitar case and I carried it on my back.  He smiled at the girls and they swooned.

            “I thought we were going to meet up at the school?” I asked.  Minhyuk slipped his hand into mine.

            “I wanted to see your school!” Minhyuk said while pulling me closer to his side.  I chuckled.

            “What are you doing?” I asked as we walked hand in hand through the campus.

            “I’m protecting my baby from those BOYS,” Minhyuk stated simply while glaring at several guys on the campus.

            “Baby?!  I’m a big girl,” I stated.  We got into his car and headed for the elementary school.

 

            “Woo!  Three minutes to spare,” Minhyuk said as we raced into the empty classroom.  Minhyuk sat down on the piano stool and I gently removed the guitar from its case.  I held it in my arms as if it was gold.

            “I’m going to practice, okay?” I told Minhyuk as I began to play.  He nodded and took out his phone to do something.

 

Don’t Say Goodbye by CNBLUE

 

How can I leave you?

How I can I live without you?

It hurts so much that I can’t breathe, what am I supposed to do?

Don’t do that, don’t do that, I can’t do that


How can you leave me?

How can you live without me?

Your serious expression looks awkward to me

Stop doing this.

I know that you are hurting too

I only love you, I only knew about love with you

Right now in my mind, it can only remember you

No matter how hard I push away telling you to leave,

I don’t think it works for me
I say okay now,

but don’t say good bye


I can’t live on smiling

I can’t pretend like I forgot you

Even if I meet other people, the memories of you

Keep clinging on to my ankle

I only love you,

I only knew about love with you

Right now in my mind, it can only remember you

No matter how hard I push away telling you to leave

I don’t think it works for me
I say okay now,

but don’t say good bye

I love without regrets I will forget you then

I only watched you, I only knew about love with you

My heart just couldn’t hold anyone else but you

No matter how I hard try to erase you to forget

I don’t think it works for me
I say okay now,

but don’t say good bye

 

            A single tear dripped down my cheek.  I can never forget Jonghyun; I love him too much.  I know that I should move on and keep on smiling, but it’s a struggle everyday.  Sometimes I smile just to make Minhyuk not worry.

            “Noona!  That was awesome!” a little boy said in awe.  I smiled at him.

            “Hey, be polite, buddy,” Minhyuk said to the student.  The boy pouted and I was reminded of Minhyuk’s pouting face.

            “Want me to teach you?” I asked the child.  He nodded eagerly and I smiled earnestly.  I motioned for the boy to sit on my lap.  Jonghyun gave me the gift of the ability to play guitar; I would use it to give children dreams.

 

            “Hey, Jonghyun-ah.  You have an email,” Yonghwa said while tossing me my phone.  I nodded a quick “thanks” and checked my email.

            “It’s Minhyuk,” I said as I opened the email.  Yonghwa stood behind me and peered over my shoulder at the tiny screen.  There was a video attachment, so I raised the volume of my phone’s speakers as loud as possible.

            “How can I leave you?  How I can I live without you?” a familiar voice sang.  My eyes darted to the screen.  The woman I longed to see was singing while playing my favorite guitar.  “It hurts so much that I can’t breathe, what am I supposed to do?” she sang, full of emotion.

            “Isn’t that our song?” Yonghwa asked me.  “Wait, isn’t that Misun?” Yonghwa exclaimed.

            “Be quiet,” I said while watching the screen intently.  Was she singing this for me?  I smiled painfully as I watched the rest of the video.  A tear rolled down her cheek.  I hadn’t realized, but my eyes were watering too.

            “Hyung, I have to call her,” I stated as I closed the file.  Minhyuk sent me this, so he probably wants me to talk to her.  I silently thanked Minhyuk and took out my laptop to make a video call.

Why would Minhyuk do that :0?  Yay, go Jonghyun.  I appreciate your comments<3