It Hurts

Completely Devoted to You

 

A short chapter, but please enjoy!

Chapter 31: It Hurts

            Jonghyun, Minhyuk, and I sat there and talked.  We talked about everything for a good half an hour.  Yonghwa popped his head through the tent door.  “Minnie, can you watch me for a little?  I want to show you that I’m a better actor than you,” Yonghwa said to Minhyuk while winking at Jonghyun.  Minhyuk gets emotional easily and stomped out of the tent.  I chuckled.

            “Sometimes, he’s really childish,” I said to Jonghyun while trying to stifle my soft laughter.

            “Misun-ah.  I have to tell you something,” Jonghyun said while scratching the back of his head awkwardly.  I looked up at him in confusion.

            “Don’t tell me… Are you a girl?” I asked seriously.  Jonghyun seemed flustered.

            “N-no way!  That’s not what I was going to say!” he said while face palming.

            “Oh, sorry,” I replied.

            “Um.  From the day we met up until now and from now on, I love you, Lee Misun.  I think the stuff I said about Yonghwa was false.  I might have been jealous,” he said in a completely serious tone.  My jaw dropped.  I love Jonghyun also, but not that way.  I didn’t know he felt that way.

            “Oppa,” I said as tears started to form in my eyes.  “I don’t know what to say,” I mumbled and ran out the door of the tent.

 

            “Sometimes, he’s really childish,” Misun said while laughing.  Her laugh was like small tiny bells ringing in the breeze.  It felt so warm and loving.

            I can’t get distracted!  Yonghwa even tried to help me get a chance to confess.  I have to do it now.  “Misun-ah, I have to tell you something,” I said while looking at her seriously.  I scratched the back of my head while trying to figure out how to tell her.

            “Don’t tell me… Are you a girl?” she asked while looking at me with a serious expression.  I was shocked that she would think that.

            “N-no way!  That’s not what I was going to say,” I denied with fervor.  I face palmed and Misun apologized.  This might be the last chance to confess to her.  “Um.  From the day we met up until now and from now on, I love you, Lee Misun.  I think the stuff I said about Yonghwa was false.  I might have been jealous,” I blurted while staring into her eyes.  I had the urge to look at my feet, but I didn’t.  opened widely.

            “Oppa, I don’t know what to say,” she said as she ran out with tears in her eyes.  I felt tears forming in my eyes too.  I blew it.  She didn’t give me a formal answer, but I knew that I messed up.  It felt as if my heart stopped the moment she ran out of the tent door.
            “What happened?” Yonghwa said to me as I slowly walked out of the tent.  No one was filming him at the moment.  “Misun just ran out crying.  Jungshin and Minhyuk went to go look for her,” Yonghwa stated while peering at me.  “Are you alright?”

            I didn’t reply.  Yonghwa patted my back.  “It hurts,” I whispered into Yonghwa’s shoulder.  I let the tears fall down my face freely.  Holding back wouldn’t help anything.  I wiped my face and began to tell Yonghwa everything that happened since he pulled Minhyuk out of the tent.

 

            “Misun-ah, are you okay?” Minhyuk said while peering at my face.  I was sitting with my knees pulled to my chest in a field.  Jungshin was lightly rubbing my back.  “What happened?  Did Jonghyun hurt you?” Minhyuk said while lightly pulling my hands away from my tearstained face.

            I shook my head.  “I think I was the one who hurt him,” I mumbled while fighting off Minhyuk’s hands.  The two guys looked at me puzzled.

            “What?” Jungshin said in surprise.  He continued rubbing my back and let me bawl like a child.  “Let it out, Misun-ah,” Jungshin said calmly.

            “I-I love him, but not as anything more than a best friend or brother,” I blurted while Minhyuk looked at me in confusion.  I clarified, “Oppa… said that he loves me.”  Minhyuk coughed awkwardly.

            “Why are you crying then?” Minhyuk asked while kneeling down to be face level with me.  He wiped away a tear with his thumb.

            “I-I left him there alone.  I don’t know how to answer him,” I whispered while looking at the grass guiltily.  Jungshin stopped rubbing my back and Minhyuk wrapped his long arms around me.

            “Then don’t answer him,” Minhyuk breathed into my ear.  I remained silent and waited for him to say more.  “If you don’t have an answer, how can you answer him?” Minhyuk said.  He lightly kissed the trail of tears on my cheeks.  Although Jonghyun was never my lover, I still felt guilty.  I lightly pushed Minhyuk away and stood up.

            “I need to be alone,” I said while brushing the dirt off my knees.

Finally~  A confession, but not a good answer :( Meh, next chapter might be better?