Time for a talk.

Unexpectedly, You

AUTHOR’S POV

"I just want to be alone!"
Daehyun kept replaying that phrase in his head.
*Why is she home so early? What happened at school?* He thought, hearing her cry.
“What the hell is going on? She hasn't cried for the 3 yea- no!” He said to himself as it suddenly hit him...
*Only one person could be responsible for tears like this...*
Daehyun decided to wait For Nella to come out before doing anything. Around 10 minutes later,  Nella walked out of her room to see Daehyun sitting next to the door.
"Nella... Please tell me that I’m wrong... He's not at your school is he?" Nella looked shocked, she couldn’t believe how well he knew her... She nodded. 
Daehyun was devastated by her response. He couldn’t believe that Himchan was able to come back into their lives... Nella’s life.

"Do you want me to look into different schools? You could always change."
"Ani Oppa. How long do I have to run away from him? Did I commit a crime?” She said smiling awkwardly.
"That's not what I meant. Nella-yah listen, I just don't want you to go through the pain you felt before. Remember how hard it was for you to even leave your room? Look I already promised mom that I would protect you. So let me do so." He said, trying to keep his cool about the whole situation.
"Oppa, I understand your actions, but I should stop running away. This could be a sign telling me that I need to face him. Maybe what I need is some closure from him. Who knows, we might even fix things enough for Minwoo to finally meet his father." She said, with watery eyes. Daehyun kept quiet to not upset her even more, but he didn’t agree with her at all. He knew that Himchan coming back was nothing but a disaster waiting to happen.

As if on cue, Minwoo made his way over to the two.
"Umma, kwenchana? Are you crying?" He asked tugging shirt.
"It’s nothing Minwoo-yah, I just had dust in my eyes... See it’s all gone." Said Nella, wiping her tears as they dropped.

"Nella-yah, we can talk about this later. Minwoo-yah, uncle has to go grocery shopping, want to join me?" Daehyun said crouching to meet Minwoo’s eyes.
"Okay!"

While Daehyun and Minwoo went to the market, Nella locked herself in Minwoo's room trying to think of what would be best for her baby boy.

-----------------

*Why on earth did they have to be in the same school? Why?!* Daehyun thought clenching his fist.
*After all the pain she went through, she barely just got back up. This can’t happen.*
To Daehyun, Nella was more than a sister, she was his best friend. Despite only being half-siblings from their mother, Daehyun has never felt closer to anyone as he did to Nella. He made a promise to their mother before she passed, that he would protect Nella no matter what. So, he couldn’t let Nella suffer at the hands Kim Himchan again. That’s when an idea popped into his head.

-----------------

Daehyun and Minwoo made their way back from the grocery store an hour later. Daehyun handed the grocery bag to Nella, who was now in kitchen. Daehyun had purposely forgotten a couple of ingredients and was hoping that Nella would notice. 

"Oppa, where are the bean sprouts? And the mushrooms? What the heck, you're missing carrots too... Are you okay?" She asked laughing at his forgetfulness. 

"Really? oh man.. my bad, I'll go back and get them!" He said laughing and scratching the back of his head.

"No you don't need to, I'll think of something else to make."

*Damn, she didn't fall for it* He thought. "Are you sure, I don't mind going back." He said trying to persuade her. He wanted to use the ingredients as an excuse to go back out, without Minwoo this time, and see Himchan.

"I said it's okay, we can have Bibimbap another day" She said forcing him to sit on a chair. 

Daehyun did as she said and sat there watching her make supper. *I'll try again once thins situation had died down.* He thought. 


It's been around a week and just as Daehyun had hoped, the situation was dying down. However, that was because Nella said that Himchan hadn't showed up to school these days. Daehyun had to make sure it stayed that way. 

"Oppa are you going somewhere? " Nella said, spotting Daehyun taking his car keys. 
"Huh..yes, I'm gonna see an old friend of mine. There's something I need to talk to him about." He said, trying to sound as calm as possible. He left the house before Nella could say anything else. He felt so guilty about what he was doing, it was the first time he went behind Nella's back. But he had to do it, Himchan could not come back into their lives...

-FLASBACK-

BANG BANG BANG
"YAH KIM HIMCHAN! I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! GET OUT!"
-No answer-
"YAH YOU BASTARD, IF YOU DONT GET OUT I'M GONNA FORCE MY WAY IN!" 
-No answer-
"You asked for it!" Daehyun said as he pushed the door with all his might. The door finally broke open and 
Daehyun walked in, only to see  Himchan's 'lifeless' body on the floor . The sight was so pitiful  but not to Daehyun who was raging with anger; he had no time for pity.
"YAH SAEKKI-YAH! WHAT THE F-CK DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER? YOU FILTHY MONSTER! I TOLD YOU WHAT I WOULD DO TO YOU IF YOU HURT HER DIDN'T I?" 
-No reaction from Himchan-
Aggravated, Daehyun picked Himchan off the floor and threw him a punch: 
"ANSWER SAEKKI-YAH!" Himchan hit the wall behind him before falling to the floor. Daehyun approached Himchan and whispered:
"I'm warning you, don't you dare show up in front of her again. Live like a ghost and disappear from her life. If I see you hanging around the hospital again, I will kill. Do I make myself clear?"
Daehyun left the house and swore to never go back again

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

-----------------

Daehyun had arrived at his destination. He looked at the familiar walls and clenched his fists as he approached the door. He was wondering if it was really possible that Himchan hadn't moved, and there was only one way to find out; Daehyun knocked on the door. A few seconds later, the door opened, and as if in slow motion, Himchan's face appeared. Both their hearts started beating so fast; Himchan's of nervousness, and Daehyun's of anger. 

"H-Hyung?" Escaped from Himchan's mouth as he looked in shock at Daehyun who stood before him.

"What? Hyung? Do you think you have the right to call me that? Look, I'm not here for long. I just have a couple things to say to you." Daehyun said with his angry eyes looking straight into Himchan's. 

Himchan snapped out of his shocked state. "Neh, Hy- uh.... Come on in." He said gesturing him in the house. 

"No, I don't need to go in, I'll say everything here. I'll get straight to the point. You've caused more than enough pain to Nella so I can't have you being near her, and she doesn't want to leave this school. So, you need to leave and dissappear from her life like I told you 3 years ago." Daehyun said, ready to leave. 

"I can't do that..." Himchan said stopping Daehyun in his tracks. "Hyung, I know how you must feel, I hated myself for so long for what I did to Nella. But she ended up in from of me again after so long. I don't know if I can just let her go like I did the first ti-" Himchan's words were interrupted by Daehyun who threw a punch at him.  

"How dare you? Let her go? You don't have her in the first place. Listen to me carefully Himchan. If you do not leave the school and leave her alone, I will make your life a living hell." He said as Himchan struggled to get back up.

"To be honest with you, I was ready to do the same thing but the longer you try to keep me away from her, the more I want her." Himchan said, wiping the blood from his mouth. Suddenly, Daehyun grabbed him the collar: "YAH! KIM HIMCHAN!" Himchan was able to get himself out of Daehyun's grip and utter one last sentence before shutting the door: "I'm sorry but I just realized that I still love your sister... and I will get her back."

Daehyun couldn't believe Himchan's persistance. One thing was for sure, he was not about the let Himchan get his way. 

"Oppa?" A voice said behind him.

*Sh-t... I've been caught* He thought as he turned around to see Nella standing behind him.