A Change In The Routine.

Unexpectedly, You

HIMCHAN'S POV:

It's 8am and my alarm is ringing, reminding me that I have school to attend. I struggled to turn it off as I was exhausted due to the lack of sleep I've been having these past few days. I finally got up from my bed and took a cold shower. The way the cold water was flowing down my body was  so refreshing, since all the odours and dirt I got from work were washing off.

After my shower, I stepped out and got ready, and 20 minutes later, I was out of the house and in front of the school. I finally reached the door of my classroom, and with heavy steps I walked in, sighing. I sat in my seat and stared out the window. I was completely lost in my own little world and didn't even realize that the teacher had already started the teaching.

3 long hours later, it was lunch time and for the first time in a long time, I decided to go to the cafeteria; I was starving since last night because I was sick of eating ramyun everyday. 

"Today is not my day" I said, feeling so depressed and a little anxious for some reason. I decided to skip class and lay down on the grass to rejuventate. However, before I could escape in dreamland, Yongguk and his crew suddenly appeared *oh , here comes trouble*.

"Get up! I need someone to go buy us some cigarettes, and you are just the right person." He said as he was dragging me up.
"Get someone else to do it" I said while glaring at him.
"Mwo, saekki-yah?! (what, bastard?!)" said Yongguk as he threw a punch at me, and the rest joined in. I wasn't giving any resistance and after they realized that I wasn't fighting back, they decided to stop, and left me there.
"Oppa! Kwenchana? (are you okay?)" said Choi JiMin, the class president as she approached me.
"Ne, kwenchana. (yes i'm okay), don't worry about me." I replied while struggling to stand up.
"Why don't you talk to a teacher about this? Why are you even tolerating it?" she said with concern in her voice. Honestly, as much as I liked her, she was too noisy; I hate noisy girls, but it wasn't her fault if she was worried about her classmate.
"It's okay. It's none of your business" I said trying as calmly as I could considering my anger. 
JiMin offered me a ride home but I refused; I wasn't the type to socialize with people.

I finally reached my house and it felt so empty, like always. I've been living alone since my parents died in a car accident when I was 15. No relative wanted to take me in, but they would send me money every end of the month.

Once in the house, I took off my shoes and laid down on the floor. The phone started ringing. *Ugh... really?* In pain, I stood up and went to answer it:

"Yeoboseyo? (hello?)" 
"...(sniff)" 
"Yeoboseyo? Nuguseyo? (who is this?)" I tried again
" ...(sniff)..." still no answer so I hung up. This wasn't the first time that I got this call; it all started about a year ago. At first i thought it was Yongguk who was pulling a prank, but I soon realized that it was a girl's voice. For some reason, a girl kept calling me but never answered. And everytime, she would cry.

After hanging up the phone, I decided to take a short nap before my shift. 

At 8:40 pm, I woke up to get ready for my 9pm shift at the gas station. Finally ready to leave, I turned off all the lights and stepped out, leaving this place in the darkness as if it was inhabited.


-BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP-  *Ugh.. Another day, the same stuggle* I thought, as I got up to start my daily routine; woke up late, got ready and left the house without eating anything.

As I approached the school, I accidentally bumped into a girl that seemed hesitant of entering the school.
"Mianhada (sorry)" I said walking away, without glancing at her face.
I arrived late, as usual, and I rushed to my seat but to my surprise, the teacher hadn't arrived yet. I sat in my seat and put my head on the desk thinking
*Just another boring day of school; same classes, same people*. Suddenly, I felt a smack on the back of my head, I looked up and saw Yongguk and his stupid crew smirking. I'm just too tired to compromise with him. I laid back down on my desk, when the teacher entered the classroom and started talking about a new transfer student. I wasn't interested, it was probably some student that would become Yongguk's next victim.

"Kim Nella, come on in" she said. As soon as I heard that name, I opened my eyes,

"No… it can't be, it's probably a coincidence. Many people have that name." I said to myself as I closed my eyes once again.

"Introduce yourself" said the teacher

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Nella-ibnida. Please take care of me". That voice… it was for sure not a coincidence! I slowly lifted my head up. There she was, the one and only: Kim Nella. THE Kim Nella that knew my past, THE Kim Nella that I loved so much, THE Kim Nella that received so much pain from me.I couldn't believe it. Suddenly our eyes met, I could sense anger and fear in her eyes and I could tell that she was remembering everything that happened with us, because that's what I was doing too.

-THUD- Oh my god... she fainted!

All the students including the teacher rushed to her side. And there I was, as stiff as ever, trying to process the fact that it was her.

Without realizing it, I found myself breaking through the crowd.
"Nella-yah! Wake up!" I said while holding her in my arms. *This won't do, I'm going to have to bring her to the infirmary* 
I lifted her and was on my way when I heard the others who were surprised by my sudden gesture whispering. But I didn't care, bringing her to the infirmary was the only thing on my mind.

--------------------
"Seonsaeng-nim (teacher)! She fainted in class!"
"Put her here!"
After putting her on the bed, I asked myself why I was doing this. She probably hates me and would've never let me approach her and yet..... I was so worried.

"She's lucky to have such a caring boyfriend like you. Don't worry, she just needs some rest. Can you stay here for a bit? I have a meeting to attend right now. If anything happens, beep me." she said handing me a remote and leaving before I even give a reply.

She was sleeping soundly and looked so peaceful. Watching her made me doze off as well.

--------------------

"Finally awake?" Said the infirmary teacher.
"Choisonghabnida, ( I'm sorry) I dozed off" I said while rubbing my eyes
"Ania, kwenchana. (No its okay) it looks like your girlfriend didn't want to to wake you up. She left about 30 minutes ago"
"Seonsaeng-nim, I think you've mistaken the situation. She's not my girlfriend "
"Omo, jinjja? (Oh really? ) I thought you guys were dating, you guys looked good together."
In the past, I would've believed it. Although I couldn't help but blush hearing her say this.
"Hmm... I'm pretty sure you have feelings for her, am I right?" Continued the teacher.
"Seonsaeng-nim, you got it all wrong..."
Its not that kind of feeling...it's really not. Its more like...regret..guilt....I don't know anymore. I'm confused.
"Well if you say so. You should get going now, school already ended."
"Ne (ok)" I bowed.

--------------------
I was still tacken aback by Nella's return. I started remembering everything that occurred on that fatal day; the day where we went from friends to enemies...

-FLASHBACK-

She was yelling in pain, but refused to beg for mercy. Aggravated, I kicked her right leg as hard as I could, as if it was a soccer ball. The sound of her leg cracking drove me into a frenzy, but I soon snapped out of it when I saw her cry out of pain.
A loud scream was the last thing I hear from her before she passed out.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

I stood there in the middle of the road just replaying the sound of her cry. I collapsed on the ground with tears falling down my cheeks. The thought of my savage act sent chills down my spine. *Can I even ask for forgiveness* 

The past week, I had skipped school. I wasn't ready to face reality, rather yet, Kim Nella. This week would've prolonged into a second week, had it not been for an unexpected visit from someone.