Chapter 5

Watching Me

-Chapter 5-

Whispers

 

“Ayooo, waddup Sehunny Buns~?”

Sehun stared up at his skyscraper of a friend Chanyeol unresponsively while the older smiled down at him with the usual creepy pearly white smile he was renowned for. Sehun leaned over to look past Chanyeol at his other friends who were standing behind him with the same discomfited looks on their own faces.

“Um… he made up the nickname during the walk to your house…” Joonmyeon awkwardly smiled as he firmly patted Chanyeol’s back. “He was pretty excited about it so…”

“Say no more- that was all you had to say. Just come in.” Sehun held a hand up and stepped aside as his friends filed into his house. As usual, the five boys’ eyes darted around the home and looked around in awe at their surroundings. Even if this house was practically ‘prehistoric’ as Jongin sometimes calls it, it really was something to marvel at what with its extensive space and antique furniture left by the previous owner.

“Oh man, every time I step foot into this house I get the chills!” Baekhyun cringed, cautiously looking around. “Next time we meet up, let’s do it at my house!”

“Why? Is it because my house is ‘infested with ghosts’ or something?” Sehun sarcastically said, wiggling his fingers at Baekhyun who glowered at him in response. Sehun simply laughed it off while the boys trailed behind him up to his room.

“Hey, is this Jaeyun’s room?” Jongin asked when they had walked past your closed door. Just before Jongin could reach out to grab hold of the doorknob, Sehun dashed towards him and seized his wrist. Jongin jolted up at the sudden contact and looked over at Sehun with raised eyebrows.

“Don’t disturb her.” Sehun silently hissed with a finger to his lips. The boys all continued on to Sehun’s room where they all situated themselves in. Once Sehun had quietly closed his door he turned to the others who were looking at him attentively. “Okay I’ll only say this once: no one is allowed to go into Jaeyun’s room. Understand?”

“Huh, but why?” Kyungsoo asked. “She hasn’t been in school for almost two weeks now. We just want to see if she’s doing all right.”

“She’s fine. Well, that’s not entirely true…” Sehun inwardly sighed to himself as he leaned against his wall, racking his brain in an attempt to figure out how to tell his friends about his little sister’s issue. He stared down at the ground and continued speaking. “She’s not sick if that’s what you guys are thinking. She’s just… not herself right now. A couple of weeks ago when we had come home from school, I was talking to her but she was acting really strangely. She got really pale in the face and looked like she was seconds away from fainting. Next thing I knew, she bolted down the stairs when I was trying to see if she was okay. I came down to see her and she looked even worse than before. I can’t really put into words how she looked though. But I could tell it was serious. I mean, it looked like the girl had seen a ghost or something.”

Unbeknownst to Sehun, the boys exchanged uneasy glances with one another.

“Since then, she’s been really unresponsive and won’t come out of her room. She just keeps repeating ‘I want to be alone. I want to be alone.’ Even when no one is with her, I hear her saying that! I’m starting to feel a little worried about her…” Sehun finally peered up to look over at the others who were silently staring back at him. Not one of them was sure how to respond to Sehun’s story but it was obvious that all five of them were thinking the same thing.

“Sehun… maybe… this house is getting to your sister…” Joonmyeon carefully worded as the others nodded.

“What do you mean?” Sehun said. Judging from the lack of eye contact and silence, Sehun knew where this conversation was going. “Don’t tell me you guys are going to pull out the ‘haunted house’ card again. I told you there’s nothing paranormal in this house. And I’m sure at this point Jaeyun doesn’t believe those crazy rumors about this house being haunted either. There must be something else that’s bothering her…”

Sehun averted his eyes from the others apprehensively. For a moment, it looked like he himself wasn’t too confident with what he had just said. But it didn’t take him long to bounce back from the momentary uneasiness. “So like I said before, Jaeyun’s room is absolutely off limits!” He then looked over at Jongin. “And by the way, I asked Jaeyun if she had a boyfriend. She said she doesn’t.”

“Then why was there that name writ-“

“She has no idea how it got there. But the moral of the story is she isn’t going out with some guy behind my back.” He looked over at Chanyeol who looked noticeably perkier than before. “Don’t even think about it Chanyeol.” Sehun stated, arms crossed over his chest.

“What?” Chanyeol innocently said, unable to stop an excited smile from spreading across his face. Sehun rolled his eyes at him.

“Come on Sehunnie, you can’t be so protective of your little sister forever, ya know.” Jongin intervened in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I can, and I will.” Sehun simply replied back without hesitation. 

 


 

After being curled up in your bed for what seemed like several non-blinking hours, your mind should be completely and utterly blank and absent of thought right? What was there to think about when all you were doing was staring up at your ceiling, occasionally shifting onto your side where you would end up staring at a wall for a change of pace? Not to mention the fact that this was how your days played out for who knows how long. (You lost count of how many days it’s been) Nothing should have been on your mind and nothing should have been bothering you.

But that wasn’t the case.

You clenched your eyes shut and pulled your blanket up over your head. “Please… stop…” you silently, almost inaudibly begged. Your room was exceedingly silent- silent enough to the point where if a pin were to drop down onto the floor, it would be loud enough to reverberate throughout the entire room. Silence was all a person would get if they were to walk into your room but you wished more than anything that, that was the case for you.

For days now you have been hearing incoherent whispers, all day and all night.

Day in and day out, you would hear a certain voice whispering to you nonstop. It didn’t take you long to realize that this voice you heard could not be heard by anyone else in the house and that you were the only one who could hear it. Surely if you were wrong, Sehun would have definitely been the first to complain about the intangible voices. But he didn’t because this whispering voice could only be heard in your head for only you to hear.

What the voice was whispering, you had no clue. No matter how hard you tried to ignore the voice, it would only get louder in your ear. During the times when you were weary enough to pay it any mind, you would pick up a few chilling words.

Jaeyun… I’m here…

Don’t be afraid…

I’ll be here…

Forever…

Just with you, my beautiful Jaeyun…

Just thinking back on the words you had heard made you feel nauseous. And whenever you thought about the voice, the only image that popped into your mind was Luhan… smiling at you…

In your dream, he was so handsome yet breathtakingly beautiful. You had never seen anyone who looked so radiant. And the stunning smile he flashed you was unforgettable and would even stir a frenzy of butterflies in your stomach at times.

But the moment you had seen him face to face in reality, you were filled with immense fear. He appeared the same in your dreams as he did in real life but for some reason the joy you felt in his presence in your dream had completely vanished. In its place was bloodcurdling terror being in the presence of the being that had been watching and following you for four years straight. The being that had turned your own home into a torturous hell for you…

KNOCK KNOCK

Instantly, you shot up in bed and stared at your bedroom door, eyes rounded in horror. You unknowingly held your breath with eyes glued to the door. Your heart gradually began to pick up in speed as your mind began to race just as fast.

Who was at your door? No one bothered visiting you in your room this entire time. Not your mother, or your father, or even Sehun. Who else could it be besides him…? You clenched onto your bed sheets tightly. Your heart jumped up when the door suddenly clicked and began creaking open.

Please… please don’t tell me… it’s Luhan…  

 


 

`Author's Corner

I don't like how this chapter turned out........ >.> lol