Chapter 24

Watching Me

-Chapter 24-

Yoona

 

Sehun slammed the door shut behind him, the force of the door crashing shut enough to send a vibration through the aged floors and walls, and stomped into the house. He couldn’t seem to recall his rushed journey back from the library thanks to his abrupt departure—not that he was in the right mindset right now to think of anything else when he’s got so much on his plate as it is…

Quickly making his way towards the staircase, his father had curiously poked his head out from the doorway of the living room—most likely alerted from Sehun’s loud entrance. “Sehun, where have you been? And you know better than to slam doors in this house.” His father badgered, to which Sehun ignored much to his surprise. He wordlessly made his way up the stairs, not paying his father any mind at all as if he wasn’t even there. “Sehun? Sehun! Do you hear me?!” his father called out in disbelief to absolutely no avail.

Making a straight beeline for his room, Sehun suddenly stopped just a few steps in front of his door, fingertips just slightly hovering over the knob. Inch by inch, his eyes traced along the walls until his eyes fell upon it—his little sister’s room that stood a few measly feet away from his.

It stood untouched, undisturbed, appearing to be as average as any other door you’d normally see. And it was because of that that made it all the more ominous to him. He knew more than anyone the history that hid behind that door; the pure evil that dwelled just behind it. His arm limply fell down to his side.  

 

“Banshees appear… to warn people of an upcoming death.”

 

The words seem to instantly stick Sehun right in the deepest part of his heart that caused so many emotions to fight its way out against his own will. Without a second thought, he his heel and bravely strode towards the closed door. I won’t let it happen… I won’t let anything happen to her! These very words were all that took up his mind and movements once he made it in front of the door and firmly clasped onto the metallic handle. Bringing up everything he had inside of him, he swung open the door and stepped in all in one breathless second.

He looked forward, then to the left and then the right. The room was calm; noiseless even. So silent that it felt like the air itself felt frozen in time. Sehun was almost too afraid to move an inch let alone breathe just so he wouldn’t break this solid silence surrounding him. Ever so slowly, he took one step deeper into the room and then another, and then another one after that until he stood directly in the middle of the room. Nothing seemed to stir. This was his chance.

Clenching his fists and standing up straight to show his bravery, Sehun finally spoke. “Luhan!!” he fearlessly shouted. He was still, waiting anxiously for a response of some kind. Despite his fearless facade, he didn’t even have enough guts to look anywhere else but forward, relying solely on his sense of hearing. After a few long minutes, there was no response.

“I know you’re here!! Show yourself!!!” Still nothing. The lack of feedback seemed to have wilted away at both Sehun’s confidence and fear. So much so that his next words were just mindlessly blurted out.

 

“Yoona!!! Are you he—“

 

SLAM. Sehun jumped probably a foot off the ground at the abrupt blast of noise from behind him. Now uncontrollably quivering and (unsuccessfully) recovering from the startle, he whipped around to stare wide eyed at the door that was now closed shut. Hastily sprinting towards the door, Sehun grabbed the door handle and frantically yanked on it to open the door.

It wouldn’t open.

“Mom! Dad!!!” Sehun pleaded, rapidly banging his fist on the door. The entire room behind him now felt as if it was crowding around him, slowly but viciously swallowing him in. A deep feeling of misery and wretchedness had completely engulfed him, so much so that it made him sick to his stomach. That, mixed with his irrepressible fear right now was putting him over the edge of madness. Not too long after the overwhelming scent of blood began to plague him. “!!” he cussed, now going back to desperately rattling the door handle.

 

AAAHHHHHHH!!!”  

 

Every part of his body locked up and his breathing came to a heart-stopping halt. The scream, louder than it’s ever been before, sounded as though it were right behind him.

Slowly turning around on pure instinct, he gazed over. His breath was immediately out of his lungs and his hair stood on end.

Just a few feet away from him was a woman, lying sprawled on the floor on her stomach in a pool of dark blood. She was inhumanly pale with unruly brown hair that spilled onto the floor. But the most terrifying thing of all was that she had no eyes. Where her eyes should have been were only two black, endless voids that seemed to have been locked onto Sehun, peering deep into his soul. She was familiar and Sehun had seen her before.

 

Yoona.

 

AAAHHHHHHH!!!

 

He forcefully cringed. Her scream seemed to have become exceedingly more petrifying now that Sehun could finally see the entity it belonged to in person. Backed up against the door frozen in fear, Sehun woke back up into reality when he saw Yoona now crawling towards him. She dug her nails into the aging hardwood floors, dragging her seemingly paralyzed body towards him.

Sehun’s scattered and numbed brain at last made contact with his body and he frantically turned around and started yanking on the door. Yoona’s endless screams were coming closer and closer to him faster than he could even process.

“HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!” Sehun hysterically cried, beating at the door. A scream jumped past his throat when he felt a tight grip on his ankle. Staring down to his horror, he saw Yoona now holding onto him with her stare still firmly locked onto him. Her ear piercing screams vibrated throughout his whole body, shaking him from within. “G-GET OFF!!! LET GO OF ME!!!!” he shrieked just as he was attempting to rip his leg away, but her grasp was persistent and unyielding.

She’s going to kill me. She’s going to kill me right now!!!

At long last a sudden click sounded against Sehun’s ear behind all the chaos around it and he threw the door open and ran out at full speed. Safely in the hallway his legs gave way and he dropped down onto the floor with a loud thud, finally finding his breath.

“Sehun!” he heard. Reeling his eyes up, he caught a glimpse of his mother followed by his father running towards him down the hall. His mother crouched down to his level and put a comforting hand on his back. “Honey, are you alright? We heard you screaming!” she worriedly questioned, looking him deep in the eyes.

“I-in the r-room!!” Sehun uttered out, lip quivering with a shaky finger pointed to your room. His parents both looked over at the room past the opened door and then looked back at him.

“What about the room, son?” his father asked. Sehun snapped his gaze over at the room and was in complete disbelief seeing that the room was empty. It looked just like it had when he had first entered it. Sehun shot up to his feet and ran towards the room. He abruptly stopped at the doorway, not wanting to step foot inside the bedroom again. He looked around but there really wasn’t anything out of the ordinary with the room…

“Sehun I think you need to rest.” Said his father, placing a hand on Sehun’s shoulder. The moment his father made contact with him, the image of Yoona’s terrifying face popped into his head. Sehun quickly pulled away from his father’s grip and took a few steps back from the room.

For the first time, Sehun was afraid of his own house.

 


 

“Jongin, what’s up with your house?”

He peered over to his side, the question easily pulling his attention away from the television screen in front of him. Jongin stared over at his much shorter friend Baekhyun who was sitting in the couch beside him, arms crossed awaiting for an answer. Jongin blinked at him for a moment before replying back. “What? Not enough snacks to satisfy you? I never said I was a good host to company.” He indifferently shrugged, looking back at his TV show.

“That’s not what I meant.” Baekhyun sighed. He pushed himself forward to sit at the edge of his seat. “I mean, why is your house… like this?”

“Like what?”

“Ya know! Why does your house suddenly feel…” He wrapped his arms around himself uneasily. “Weird… nowadays?”

“You always feel uncomfortable when you go to other people’s houses.” Jongin replied, resituating himself to lie down on the love seat couch he was on.

“No I don’t.” Baekhyun scowled, squinting his eyes at Jongin irritatingly. “The only person’s house I feel uncomfortable in is Sehun’s. And for some reason, your house is giving the same creepy vibes today.” Jongin felt himself turn a bit nervous at Baekhyun’s words but continued eyeing the television screen.

“Maybe it’s just you.” Jongin brushed off. Baekhyun sighed and leaned back into his seat.

No. I think maybe it’s you-know-who upstairs.” He pointed. Jongin remained silent, not paying attention to the TV at all at this point. “Jongin, why did you even agree to letting Jaeyun,” he made sure to say your name as quietly as he could. “Stay at your house??”

“Look Baekhyun, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Jongin finally said, sitting back up straight once again and finally looking Baekhyun back in the eyes. “Nothing is out of the ordinary. Plus, Jaeyun is a friend in need so I had to help her out and let her stay here. Plain and simple as that!”

Baekhyun shook his head hopelessly and heaved out another sigh. A moment of tension filled silence past when Baekhyun suddenly spoke. “Where are your dogs anyway?”

“They’re not here.” Said Jongin. “For some reason they just kept barking nonstop these past few days, even in the night. My parents got sick of it and were tempted to throw them in the pound. Took me forever to talk them into leaving them with my cousins for the weekend to set them straight.”

“Jongin, this is just getting ridiculous now. You’re acting just like Sehun!” Baekhyun said in exasperation, shocking Jongin. “Just admit it right now. The weird someone-is-watching-me feeling in the house, your dogs barking 24/7—this is all because Jaeyun is staying at your house!!” Jongin averted his eyes from Baekhyun. Once again, silence fell upon the two.

“Fine… maybe you are right…” he quietly admitted. “I’ll confess that maybe this was because of her but…”

“But nothing. I’m not trying to be mean to her but you have to face the facts here!” Baekhyun eased back a bit, finding himself getting a little too riled up. He continued on in a lower volume. “Has anything else strange happened with her here?”

Jongin nervously rubbed the back of his neck, staring down at the carpeted floor beneath his feet. “Actually… yeah.” He acknowledged. “Jaeyun is always in that room unless she needs to eat or something. There’s nothing wrong with that to be honest but the things that happen in that room, nobody knows. It’s especially weird at night. For some reason, I hear her pacing around her room, back and forth.”

“Pacing??”

“Yeah, sometimes it even goes through the whole night until morning. I’ll hear her talking to herself too…” Jongin shivered slightly at the recollections coming back to him.

“I’m still thinking about that ‘walking around the room’ thing. Don’t you think that’s strange?”

“A little, but…”

“A little? It’s totally weird!!! Because she can’t walk remember??!!” A strong chill shot down Jongin’s spine at the realization. Goosebumps ran up his arm in mere seconds and his hair stood on end. Jongin snapped his head up to look at Baekhyun right in the eyes.

“Y-you’re right…” he uttered out.

“If I were you, I’d have Sehun take her back right away. What if something happens to your house? Or even to you or your family? You can’t continue being put at risk like this!”

“But if I gave her back to Sehun it would only be worse for her and Sehun, ever think of that?” Baekhyun went silent. “Sehun told me he’s trying to sort things out while she’s here and I believe him. I just have to bear with this for just a bit longer—for the sake of both of them.”

“… I understand.” Baekhyun finally nodded. If Jongin was actually making sense then he must really mean it. “Just… be careful with her. The last thing we need in our group is someone who’s just as paranoid as Sehun.” Jongin lightly chuckled and nodded in reassurance to the older boy. Though something in the back of his mind was poking at him, telling him he’s in a lot more trouble than he wants to acknowledge.

 


 

`Author's Corner

A certain someone's been a terrible author don't you think

So I finally updated!!! With an ugly one at that but uhhhh yeah, don't worry you guys Jaeyun will show up in the next chapter since she's been gone for a while lol

To be honest with you guys, I was stuck with this story and thought about not continuing it but I finally found the inspiration once again and now have the will the finish it!!! :-) Thank you to the people who actually stuck around during this long hiatus of mine haha

And now, some shameless advertising. Check out my Chanyeol love story ;-) Click HURR