Masquerade Ball

Masked Dancer

Classical music was playing with CEOs walking around greeting eachother with their families. Everyone was wearing formal attire, ladies in their designer ball gowns, gentlemen is their branded tuxes and of course they were all wearing their expensive masks probably made of thin high quality glass and consisted of swarobski crystals and diamonds. All elite families were at the event not really knowing what's going to happen, but were there to represent their company.

In a corner near the refreshment table, Hyunae was eating. For a girl who rarely gets the chance to eat what she wants, this was an advantage since no one knew who she was except for her family and those who know her well. Cakes, pastries and little fruit exquise was on her plate as she watched people being all " fancy " with their wine glasses in hand. Not bothering her image, she happily gobbled down the food she had.

" Hey ! Don't eat too much ! You'll get fat. " Hyunae turned around only to see her handsome masked brother clicking his toungue at her.

She pouted and set the plate down on the table next to her.

" Oppa. I dance a lot okay ? I'll lose it anyways. Plus I haven't ate this kind of food in such a long time ! " She whined.
Woohyun was now infront of her.
" Aigoo, alright. If it makes my baby sister happy. " He chuckled and pinched her cheeks.
" Oppa ! Stop it !!! My cheeks hurt ! " She wailed.
" Awwww. My cute little bunny sister is so cute !!! Aigoo ! " He continued until a hand landed on his shoulder.
" Woohyun-ah , stop pestering your little sister. " His father said.
" Thank you daddy ! " Hyunae beemed and stuck her tougue out at her brother.
" Appa, I'm just showing how much I love my baby bunny. " He pouted.
" Aish ! Stop that ! You're already 23. Not three. You're a namja now my son. " Mr. Nam said.


 

" Jang Dongwoo. " Hoya lied to the guest lister.
" No one else with you ? " The other man asked.
" No, my family couldn't attend since they are over seas at the moment, therefore I am here to represent them. " Hoya answered fluidly.
" I see, gentleman Jang Dongwoo. The guest lister replied as he checked his name off the list to indicate his presence, enjoy the ball. "
" Thank you. " Hoya said and walked into the hall.

* people. Anyone could enter this party. They just have to wear fancy stuff and talk all fancy. Someone could be an assassin for all they know.* Hoya thought as he scoffed.

He scanned the hall with his eyes and of course, as expected, rich people in their fancy little dresses and monkey suits. He reached to his tie and lossened it up a bit. Since Dongwoo originally was suppose to go to this event, it was certainly green, but since he knew Hoya would go for him, he ordered a nice silky purple tie just for his best man. Hoya was fairly happy about that since he did love the color purple, but the suit felt itchy to him and this suit was an Emporio Armani one of kind tux from Italy. Yet, the material was irritating Hoya's skin.

* Alright Hoya, now act like a straight up rich dude so your cover won't be blown. * He thought to himself as he started walking around the hall.

He watched the people around him, looking at them as if they were some sort of dolls. Girls with their hair all styled and their big puffy dresses. Hoya was starting to wonder if they were able to move or even breath. Their dress looked so tight at the waist and so heavy at the end. This was really a rich people event. They would call this a party,but he was bored to death. The music wasn't helping either. It was those classical kind of music wich isn't really his genre. Hoya started mopping around as he tried to find a table with Dongwoo's name card on it. As he did, he went and got a plate of various food. He took some of everything they had at the table, not caring if people saw him. It was the only thing he enjoyed at the moment.

While eating, he watched as the music change into some sort of ballroom dance music, thus making some go on the dance floor. Now, he was entertained. Hoya watched as some guys took girls to dance, oh how much he wanted to burst out laughing. Even though, he was from the less richer area of the city, as a dancer, he knew what dancing was suppose to look like. Ballroom dancing was on of the easiest for him, yet the guys displayed before him managed to step on the poor girl's dress and feet. It was just a sad and funny sight. Without even knowing a mocking smile was on his lips. They were horrible, he can confirm that.

* And they say them richass people can dance. * He scoffed.
* They can't dance for their lives. *



 

" Would you care to dance ? " A random fairly attractive man asked Hyunae.
" I would love to. " She replied and smiled as she took his hand.

The two made their way to the dance floor. The guy took her waist and her hand as he started moving. Little did he know his coordination and his hand placement was completely wrong. Without even noticing, he was already stepping on her dress. Hyunae was nice so she didn't have the heart to stop him because he looked like he was enjoying too much. She just hoped the song will end soon. The man remained "dancing" to the end of times and she was already dying to get out of his arms.

Right then, the end of song came and the guy decided to magically dip her down. It was so unexpected, he caught her off guard, she feared her end as she was about to hit the hardwood ground until a sudden arm caught her by the waist and snapped her back up, causing her to crash her chest on her saviour's torso, her face inches away from his mask.

Hyunae looked straight into the stranger's eyes through his mask.

" I am so very sorry miss. " The guy who nearly killed her appologized.

The man who saved her released her from his hold. Hyunae turned back to the uknown guy to whom she supposedly "danced" with.

" I'm so sorry miss ! I didn't mean to. " He hung his head low.
She felt bad for him though he nearly injured her spine.
" It's okay. It can happen. Just be careful next time hm ? " She told him nicely.
He brought his head back up and smiled at her, that's when she noticed that he was actually a younger boy.
" Thank you noona ! Enjoy your night ! " he said lastly and left.

" You know... you shouldn't let a boy handle a woman yet. " The unknown stranger stated.

Hyunae turned back to the man that caught her from injuring herself.

" Thank you so much for saving me. I don't know how to repay you. " She told him.

The man observed the lady before him. Nicely curled hair, almost doll like but natural, innocent looking face but had very sharp eyes under her lavender crystal feathered mask and a beautiful carved body. He could see her curves through the heavy light purple ballgown she was wearing. She looked like a magnificent princess with a tiara placed on her head. By her looks and the way she swiftly tried to coordinate with the younger boy's frightful footwork, he knew. She was a dancer. Her moves told him all.

" How about you repay me with a dance. " He stated when a new melody began playing.

Without waiting for her consent, he placed his hand above her waist, where an angel's wings would be and collided their chests together a few inchesu apart. He took his other hand and intertwined it with hers.

To her surprise, he started leading her, thus making her immediately place her other hand on his broad shoulder.

As the soft music played, the man lead her swiftly around the dance floor. Both of them were in sync as they dance around.

Guests started noticing the couple as they took over the floor. Everyone watched them as they moved together as one. It was really a beautiful show. The gentleman and the lady looked like a Prince and a Princess sharing their first dance together. They fitted eachothers embrace so perfectly. It was a match made in heaven.

" They look perfect together." A woman commented.
" It looks like a Royal couple. " A man said.
" Who are they ? " Another CEO couple asked.
" Who is the guy ? He's so dreamy and HOT ! " A young lady said to her friends as they all eyed the dancing angels.
" That girl is FINE ! " A guy emclaimed.

Comments like that were thrown around the ballroom hall. Eyes followed their every movement.

The two twirled around to the song. Hyunae never felt so free while dancing with another person. She always had to guide them or adjust to them, but this time it was as if they were made for eachother. She's the one being led and cared for. His hand firmly placed on her back and his other hand extended with hers. He also made her turn around and twirl around.

As they danced, their eyes looked at eachother as if they were the only ones in the room. They continued to to fluidly move around. She felt so calm, so in peace. She didn't even realize how fluid she was while dancing with him. Somehow, she trusted him to lead her, he was a completely stranger but yet she felt as if she had known him all her life. He just gazed at her with his warm eyes. He treated like a fragile piece of glass, being careful as he moved with her. The man didn't know why but it was like he was possessed by a light spirit filling him up. The light steps she did as she followed him made him see how graceful she was. The lady in his arms was just a beautiful angel. Hyunae was lightly smiling the whole time, it was her first time ever experiencing something like this. She was fascinated by him and he was fascinated by her.
They never wanted the moment to end, but unfortunately, the song was coming to it.

The man did one more move before the song ended. He gently dipped her down as he looked right into her eyes for the last time and brought her slowly back up and the song reached it's finish.

He released her from his embrace and she parted. Then, he bowed and smiled sweetly at her.

" Thank you for the dance. " His lightly deep velvet voice resonated through her ears.

She was so mesmerized and enchanted that she couldn't even utter a word. The stunned young lady was oblivious to the fact that the music has stopped and the MC announcing that it was time to reveal their identities.

" I will have to take my leave now. " He bowed one last time and walked to the grand double doors to exit the ballroom.

Before she knew it, he was gone. Hyunae didn't even have the chance to know his name. She was disappointed.

" Hyunae ! It's time to annouce your brother's news. " Her mother called her, pulling her out of her thinking.
" Yeh, umma. " She answered back.

Hyunae took one last glance at the two grand double doors.

* I will meet you again, masked dancer. *



 

" Hoya ! My best man ! How was it ? I'm sorry, I won't make you go through that again. Don't worry. " Dongwoo assured his bestfriend as he went into the car.

On the other hand, Hoya wasn't even listening. He was just smiling to himself as he removed his mask.

" Dude. Hello ? " Dongwoo tried getting his attention while driving their way back to his house.
" Huh ? What ? " Hoya got startled.
" Man, you're spacing out. It isn't like you. Did anything happen ? " Dongwoo asked again.
" Nah... It wasn't that bad though. " Hoya replied.
Dongwoo laughed hysterically.
" Dude. You're telling me this ? Seriously ? Something good must've happened. " He continued.
" Maybe... " Hoya grinned.
" What ? Tell me ! Tell me now ! C'mon man ! We're brothers ! You can tell me ! Tell me please ? " Dongwoo started pestering him.

Hoya just blocked him out and started smiling to himself again.

* Will I meet you again my Princess ? *

 

N/A : Another update ! Hehe. Ideas keep popping in my head so I needed to write them down. Like seriously, I was fangirling while writing this chapter. I got inspired while watching the movie " Take the lead " again and used the song as well. This was just too cute ! The song being played as they dance is called , Fascination by Nat King Cole.
Comment me what you think about this chapter ! It makes me happy to know your opinion. Good or bad. I'm just glad you actually read it :D Was it too cheesy ? XD Subscribe if you like it so far ! Sorry for any mistakes in the chapter and previous chapter. I write on mobile before posting here (:

I love you all my readers !
* Throws you Namu hearts with Rainbows for this cheesy chapter. *