Chapter 3

Man In Love

*I'll be writing in a different POV from now on, haha! I found repeating "you" so many times weird :O I'll go back and forth sometimes (L's POV, your POV, or no one's POV). Btw, italics with the asterisks (*) are the thoughts of the characters.

________________________________

Minhee froze on the spot. *Crap. You should've looked where you were going, Kim Minhee! Aish, first day of school and I'm already making a bad impression.*  She looked up to see a pair of dazzling eyes glaring down at her. Minhee quickly turned away to avoid his gaze. *Ottoke?! What should I do? He looks somewhat popular.. I should just desperately ask for forgiveness...* 

"Who are you and what kind of nerve do you have to bump into me?" L spat. Minhee was astonished at his sudden cold tone. She was about to go on her knees and beg for forgiveness to the guy, but now she was having second thoughts.

 

"Who are you to talk so coldly to me?" Minhee shot back, without thinking before she said it. 
"Excuse me? You do know who you're talking to, right?" She could see a smirk from on L's face at the corner of her eye.
"Being goodlooking doesn't give you a pass for your rude w ays." Minhee stood up and smoothed out the fans of her uniform skirt. 

 

She now had enough courage to look him straight in the eye. *Oh god, it's him.* L was taken aback that a girl had finally looked dead at him, whose eyes weren't filled with lust or love, but rather anger and hatred. 

L scoffed. "Pick up my books. You were the one that bumped into me." Minhee gave in, and started collecting them.

She stacked up the thin books by moving them with her shoes. She squated down to pick up the rest, and scanned each one carefully. "Seems like someone is slacking off in History. Figures."

"I don't need your input." L said as he texted away on his handphone. Minhee stacked the last book, and without any comment, she just left the scene.

"YAH! YOU DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE TO ME!" L shouted once he realized the girl was no longer there. Minhee rolled her eyes and looked back. She had walked quite a distance now, and L was just a blurry figure. "MIANHAE, YOU JERK!" She yelled. *And to think I was mesmerized by him earlier. Yuck.*

 

________________________________

 

"UMMA! I'm home from school~" Minhee chirped as she stepped inside her home. She heard shuffling from upstairs and fell back on her couch.

"How was school, Minhee-ah?" Her mom called as she scurried down the stairsteps. "It was fine, umma. The teachers and students are very nice." Minhee answered in a sarcastic tone that her mom obviously didn't catch on.

Her mom plopped right next to her and starting poking her sides. "Umma! What are you doing?!" Minhee struggled to say. "Did you meet any guy that caught your eye? Huh?" Her mom nudged her with her elbow and Minhee looked back at her with disgust. 

Minhee's mom was dying for her to get a boyfriend since she was in middle school! She always liked the idea of her daughter all lovey dovey and doing cute things together as a couple. She wanted to have a handsome son-in-law that would always take close attention to her child. Minhee would do nothing but scoff at her mom's remarks when she asked about a guy. Her studies were her top priority; it would take a lot of work for a guy to change that.

"Ew, umma! You already know I don't have time for that couple stuff. You know you should really stop watching those fluffy dramas of yours; it just makes things worse for me." Minhee replied and her mom sighed in disappointment.

"I sound like a horrible parent for saying this, but I wish you weren't so caught up in your studies! You really need to go out, meet some friends, experience life as a real teen!" 

"There's no time for that! Those 'real teens' aren't getting half of their school work done. And I do have friends-- I actually met a new one today, Jihyun." 

"Chincha?! Call her over, sometime!" Minhee's mom called from the kitchen. "I want to meet her! What's she like? Is she like you? Does she obsesss over her work? Oh god, please say no." 

"Umma! I don't know.. I just met her today. Give it a while so I can actually get to know her." Minhee chuckled. "She's actually really shy-- maybe even more than me."

"Well, atleast she's not a work-addict like you." Minhee's mom murmured under her breath. "I heard that! Talking about work.. I should get started on mine now! I'll go to my room, now." She said and climbed up the steps.

 

Minhee sighed as she threw her bookbag in the corner in slumped down in her bed. She turned to her back and faced the ceiling to reflect back on her day.

*The first day of school. A new.. acquaintance, I guess? Jihyun. She seems nice but still pretty awkward. I wonder how long  it'll take for her to completely come out her shell. And a new.. opposite-of-acquaintance? Ah, L. The kingka of the school. Sure, his looks are to die for, but with that personality, it makes me sick. What's a kingka like him doing with those thousands of History books? Aigoo, why am I even thinking about him?*

Minhee shook her head to settle herself again. She sat up and stretched to get her bookbag. "Welp. Time for work~ Woooo."

________________________________

Author's Note:

Hello! I'm very sorry for not updating; I was taking my exams. But now since they are ALL OVER (yes, two works of pure hell ;_;) I will be updating more often!! Thank you & have a good day :D This was a pretty short chapter after waiting 2 weeks, but I'll make it up to you guys!