Chapter 1

Man In Love

"Oppa, accept my confession!"
"L oppa, will you go out with me?"
"Myungsoo-sshi, please just look at me!!"

L smirkd as his best friend, Sungyeol, playfully slapped his on the back. "Still getting the ladies, huh Myungsoo? Lucky ." He kidded. "Yah, it's not like I enjoy being bombarded by these stupid confessions 24/7, Sungyeol. And don't call me that. I hate it."

The conversation ended there after meeting up with Infinite, the school's group of kingkas, in the cafeteria. They greeted each other with fist bumps, high fives, and smacks on the backs. As they were conversing with each other, a petite girl with dark hair covering her face shyly approached L. "L, w-will you go out with me?" She stuttered as she handed him a single rose. L didn't even glance at her; he found her no different than the other girls. "No." He coldly responded, sending her to leave in tears.

"Oh, L. Always breaking girls' hearts. So sad." Dongwoo joked as he wiped a fake tear from his eyes. "Whatever. You guys do the same as I do!" He shot back. "Not me! I never get confessions from girls!", whined Sungjong. "You're too fabulous for them, maknae~" Hoya winked and Sungjong did a fierce hairflip.

"So, how was your classes." The leader, Sunggyu, said in a boring tone. "Hyung, you sound so disinterested." Sunggyu was a lazy grandpa who barely had any energy to do anything (this included even opening his eyes). He had to ask questions like this to make him seem like a 'dedicated and responsible' leader. "Ms. Kim was tripping in first period." Woohyun scowled. "Yeah, she made Woohyun hyung do pushups, because his aegyo was "distasteful" and "annoying"!" Dongwoo laughed, followed along with the snickers of everyone in Infinite. "Whatever. Everyone knows my aegyo could mesmerize anyone." Woohyun replied with an eyesmile.

________________________________

*Woolim High.* You said to yourself as you stepped out your car and took a whiff in the welcoming air. You opened your eyes and was unveiled to a huge, white gate, entitled with the words "Woolim High. Where excellence is a duty." Students with similiar uniforms as yours hustled in and out of the school. Just as you were making your first steps in the school, a small little girl approached you. You struggled to take a look at her face, but her thick, black hair covered it all. "Kim Minhee?" She said in a faint voice. You nodded, and she ushered you to principal's office in the school.

"Dr. Lee. The new student is here." The girl said, now in a confident voice. "Arasso. Send her in, please."

"Ah, Kim Minhee. Woolim High has been expecting you. Please sit." The principal motioned you to the seat in front of him. "I looked at your transcript. Truly impressed. We're very happy to have you here in this school." You gave a forced smile and folded your hands. "Straight A's for 11 years consecutive. Perfect 4.0 GPA. A certificate from the president?! How do you do it?" He said with a wide grin. "I just work very hard in my studies, sir." "That's nice to hear. Keep on the great work. Now, I see you haven't got your uniform yet. They are located in the room across from this office. Please wear it, and take good care of it."

You stood up and bowed your head. "Thank you, Dr. Lee." You said in a polite tone. "Oh, I almost forgot. You don't know your way around in this huge school. Jihyun, here, is the office helper. She will be your guide around school for today." He pointed to the same girl that approached you today. *Ah, so that's her name. How pretty.* Jihyun nodded her head and led you out the office. She directed you to get your uniform. It was awkward since both of you didn't say a word to each other.

"Your name is really pretty." You said, trying to break the ice. "T-thanks. Your's is too, Minhee." She shifted her head to avoid your eyes. "Can I see your schedule?" She asked, and you handed her it. "Your first class is Accelerated Literature. We have the class together, with Mrs. Choi." You smiled and followed after her as she went to the class. "Remember the class number. 24A."

You did an 'OK' hand signal and she continued on in the tour. Along the way, she showed you to some of Woolim's jawdropping sights. For one, they had a huge water fountain in the yard. It had a beautiful, breathtaking flower garden in its frontyard, and a peaceful, and big tree outside that could provide more than 30 students shade. Jihyun would explain each site in detail, but would never look at you.

You grew irritated and curious of how she looked. "Jihyun, why don't you show your face?" You tried to say in a politely. "U-uhmm.." Her voice trailed off. *She's been nice to you this whole time, Jihyun. It wouldn't kill you to get over your fear for 10 seconds.* Jihyun thought in her head, and she lifted her head in confidence. Jihyun then her hair out of her face and behind her ear. "Wah, you're so cute!" You squealed. Jihyun had doll-like eyes, a sharp nose, and a small face. "Why don't you show your face? You're really pretty." Just then, the bell rang, and students scurried out their classrooms like little ants. *Saved by the bell.* Jihyun thought.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, now. It's lunchtime." She said as she settled her hair like it was before. You nodded and followed after her.

________________________________

"3.50, miss." You payed your lunch fee and said bye to the cashier with a smile. You scanned across the cafeteria. Every table was packed. The groups this school was categorized in was clearly obvious. *You got your freshman, preps, jocks, nerds, cool asians, ually active band geeks. Damn, this school is crazy.* You glanced at an empty table in the back corner. A single girl sat there. You squinted your eyes to see none other than Jihyun.

You sat down at the table, and Jihyun looked up, shocked that someone had sat in front of her. "Annyeong." You greeted her with a smile. "You don't have to pretend to be my friend, haha. Been there, done that." She said in a defeated voice. "No, no, no! I'm not pretending. This is as genuine as it can get." You shot a smile at her and did a half-smile at you back. You tried to make little conversations with some. Some, she would actually reply to. Others, she would just sit there and stare at you in silence.

"They're here!"
"INFINITE! Kyah!!"
"Oppas!!"

The cafeteria filled with the shouts of diehard fangirls. You sat there in bewilderment and looked at Jihyun. "You'll see." Jihyun murmured.

The doors bursted open, revealing a group of 7 guys walking down the cafeteria as if they were in New York fashion week. They were pretty handsome, you had to admit. You quickly shrugged off the thought of ever liking a guy. You examined each one closely.

There was one with the smallest pair of eyes you've ever seen on a guy. He yawned and stretched as he walked down the hallways. *Is he even opening his eyes?* One had a heartwarming eyesmile. You watched him as he shot hearts at girls. Two were walking down smoothly and sneekly. You could tell they had nimble bodies, good enough to dance well. Another was extremely tall but had a babyface. He looked like a choding. Another walked down the runway as if it was his job. He gave little waves at girls and smiled along the way. And the last one... was unbelievably handsome. He had perfect facial features and cooly walked down with one hand in his pocket.

"Who is he." You said to yourself, but Jihyun could hear. She followed your gaze and saw it met up with L. Jihyun scoffed and turned to you. "Don't even waste your time on him. He gets confessions almost every 5 seconds, but never accepted any of them. He's a cold guy that has never, and probably will never, like a girl. You know, I'm almost sure he's gay." You faced Jihyun and laughed. She chuckled along with you. You turned back around to look at the guy once again. You looked at him with your deep, mysterious eyes.

As L was flipping his hair, he caught a glance at a girl looking at him. He tried his best to look at her back, but she was too far away. As his eyes finally focused and gained consciousness, he met with a pair of brown eyes that melted him inside. *Who is she.* L then wiggled his head around, to get a hold of himself. *She was staring. That means she is nothing different like any other girl. You'll never find a girl, L.*