Chapter 2

Man In Love

"34B. Here's your last class"
"Gomawo, Jihyun!" You shot her a warming smile and waved goodbye. 
"Ne. I'm gonna go to my class, now. See you tomorrow."

________________________________

*Here I go. My first class at Woolim High.* You held your breath as you rattled the doorknob. *I hope it's the total opposite of my old school, with hardworking students and an approachable teacher.* However, once you opened the door, your expectations fell flat.

Paperplanes flew from left to right, people loudly snickered in their little groups, and erted guys whistling at any girl who bent over. *Hardworking students: BIG X.* "

The "click-clack" sounds of stilleto heels walking down the hallways suddenly silenced everyone. "She's coming, she's coming!" You heard numerous whispers. *Approachable teacher: X.* 

"Goodmorning." She said in a cold tone. She raised her hands up, and all of the students stood up in unison. *What the-* "Goodmorning Mrs. Lee. We will try our best today in your class to bring pride to Woolim High." Following that, they all bowed 90 degrees. Mrs. Lee then motioned them to sit down and took attendance. 

She easily went down the list, but took a pause in the middle. "Kim.. Minhee?" Mrs. Lee said while raising her head to see her students. You shyly raised your hand. "Present." You said faintly. "New student, right? Alright, hurry up and do your introduction to the class." You hesistated to stand up, but you didn't want to risk being scolded by a teacher. 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Minhee. I will work hard and try my best. Please treat me well." You took a glance at your classmates to see if they actually paid attention to you. Girls seated in the middle were filing their nails away; you figured they ignored you. Guys in the front seemed somewhat intrigued. You looked back to Mrs. Lee, who was silently reading something in a yellow file. She closed it instantly after seeing you glance at her.

"Class, welcome her with more enthusiam. Minhee here has a spotless record--one of the top students in Seoul! Give her an applause or something!" She said and shot a glare at the class. Right away, they did as they were told.

A guy in the front lightlty poked you to get your attention. "How old are you, Minhee-sshi?" "I'm a '93 liner." "We're the same age! We can be same aged chingus!" He said as he clasped both hands together and gave you a smile. You nodded uncomfortably and went back to your seat. 

"ALRIGHT, MOVING ON! OPEN YOUR TEXTBOOKS TO PAGE 84. READ ABOUT THE JOSEON DYNASTY AND FILL OUT THE SHEET I'M ABOUT TO GIVE YOU." Groans filled the room and Mrs. Lee snapped at her students. She went down the rows and passed out worksheets . As she handed your paper, she gave you a wink that sent chills up your spine. The guy before turned around in his seat and faced you. "My name's Sungjong. SS-UNG-JONG." He mouthed. You gave him an awkward thumbs up and proceeded in your work. It was suprisingly really easy. 

________________________________

RRRRRIIINGG! The bell violently rang, and everyone packed up their belongings quickly to finally go home. You took your time, however, since you wanted to explore more of the school. As you zipped up your backpack, you saw a figure walk up to you. "Annyeong!" Sungjong waved his hand back and forth with the cutest smile.

"Do you wanna catch a bite with me? I know it's fast, but I'm sure we'll get along with no problems since we're the same age!" You politely turned down his offer. "Ani. I need to go somewhere. The library!" Sungjong laughed. "Wow, you really are a nerd. Do you know where it is?" "Yeah, of course." You lied. You didn't know a clue where the library was; you just wanted to end the conversation as soon as possible. "Alright then, catch you later." 

Sungjong walked out the school and joined his group, Infinite, in the school yard. "Hyungs, I'm hungry. Can we go somewhere to eat?" He said as he reached them. They all looked to Sunggyu, who apparently blanked out and didn't pay attention. "Sungjong wants to go somewhere to eat." "Well, I'm down. How about you guys?" They all nodded their heads, except one. "Sorry. Gotta do this dumb report for History. I think I'm gonna swing by the library, too." L said. "See you guys tomorrow." He fist bumped everyone in Infinite, then strolled to the library. 

________________________________

"Naekko haja~ Naega nael saranghae, oh!" L hummed to himself quietly while he ambled along the sidewalk. *It's nice to finally have some peace and quiet.* He thought. The Sun's glowing rays shone down on L, and the breezy wind whizzed through his hair. He pouted a bit after seeing he found his destination and that his perfect walk there was over. "Welp. Now time to focus on my History paper."

He entered the library, and was met by its warm and quiet enviroment. He liked it here. One, no one he actually knew ever came here, just the people who actually did their work. Two, it was always mute and peaceful, which was something you could never get in Woolim High. And most importantly, none of his fangirls were there, so it was a time where no girls approached him. 

L made his way to the History section. "Silla Period... Joseon Dynasty... Parhae Dynasty... What the hell is up with Korea's million dynasties?!" He massaged his temples before looking back to the books. "Damn, I need help with History." 

________________________________

*Where the heck is the library?!* It had been fifteen minutes since you left the school, yet you still couldn't find your way to the library. "This map of the school is useless." You said to yourself and threw the paper in the trash. You saw a person walk by you and you quickly tapped them on the shoulders to ask for directions. "Sorry, but do you know where the library is?" They willingly pointed straight ahead. In fine, black print was: WOOLIM SCHOOL LIBRARY. Your eyes then shifted to the left of it, where none other than the school itself stood.  You cursed at yourself inside your head and thanked the stranger. 

You sped up as you finally reached the library. "I FOUND IT!!" You yelled at the top of your lungs. You closed your eyes and ran towards the library as if you were Naruto. 

________________________________

"Kamsamnida, ahjussi~" L politely thanked the librarian. He ended up checking out book of every dynasty there was. The stack went up to his eyes, so he had to look left to right to see where he was going. *So.. heavy..* "I FOUND IT!!" He heard a girl yell somewhere in the distance. "What the-" He struggled to stretch his neck to the right to see who had yelled. He finally got his head far enough to let his eyes catch a glimpse of what was in front of him. His heart skipped a beat after seeing a girl dashing towards him with her eyes closed. "YAH! YAH, OPEN YOUR EY-"

Books flew in the air and thudded against both of their bodies as they fell down. Minhee brushed her now bruised and scraped knee that slid along the hard concrete once she fell. L ruffled his hair and stood up.

"You." You looked up to see a furious, yet handsome, guy beaming down at you with his beady eyes.