And You Want Me

Giving In To Love

 

Weeks passed.


Exo has been rehearsing their performances diligently for the upcoming tour. The tour announcement was due soon and they were very excited to share the news with their fans.

                    
Although Kris was happy practising together with his group, Kris missed his private time with Joonmyeon. He missed the peaceful moments he had with Joonmyeon before. Now, every waking moment were shared with 10 other boys. 10 boys who were constantly high with conversations of their upcoming tour save for moments when they were eating or too exhausted to even speak.  Watching the other boys frequently hanging around Joonmyeon, joking, laughing and touching him was causing Kris heartache with slight jealousy.  He can only watch as Joonmyeon laughed and touched the boys back. He wished that Joonmyeon were doing that to him. To him only. 

 

Wow, I'm actually jealous... Kris thought surprised at his own feelings. He gave a little sigh as he knew he can't change the situation. As much as Kris wanted to cling himself to Joonmyeon and claim the boy to himself, he was just not capable of showing his emotions in public. So here he was, sitting on the practice room floor, feeling longing and despair when he heard a sudden burst of laughter.

 

He saw the boys around him on the floor, laughing at Joonmyeon showing his own wushu moves to Tao but the skillful maknae had easily grabbed the leader's leg and made him hop about with the other. Kris smiled at the funny sight and went soft looking at Joonmyeon hopping like a bunny.

 

How can you be so cute, Joonie-ah? He asked as he felt his chest tightened with overflowing affection. He wished he could run up to Joonmyeon and carry him away from Tao.

 

Instead he said, "Yaa... Huang Zitao. Don't hurt Joonmyeon with your show-off wushu moves. Remember we need to be fit for the tour." 

 

Tao froze and immediately dropped Joonmyeon's leg and said, "No ge, I didn't hurt Joonmyeon hyung! Hyung, you are ok right? I'm sorry hyung. Are you ok?". The panicked maknae leaped to Joonmyeon and hugged him tightly.

 

"I'm ok Tao. Hahaaa.. I'm ok. Tao, really… Now let me go." Joonmyeon laughed and patted Tao's head. Tao let go and joined the rest on the floor. Kris saw Tao glare and pout at him and he smirked at the boy with his I’m-the-boss look. That's for touching my Joonie too much... he said to himself.

 

Kris failed to notice that Joonmyeon had walked over and was now standing in front of him. He only realised it when he looked up and at that same moment, Joonmyeon was slowly kneeling down in front of him. He was so surprised that his heart flipped and his breath suddenly hitched as he smelled the familiar sweet scent of the boy so close in front of him. Everything became a blur if not for a pair of sparkling, brown eyes fixed on him. Kris felt his body stiffened and his stomach whirled as Joonmyeon laid his hands on his shoulders.

 

“Hey duizhang...” Joonmyeon's 'duizhang' made Kris went weak.

 

Hi angel... “Yo.” He replied gazing at the beautiful boy now seated cross-leg in front of him.

 

“Tao was just fooling around, you know. I’m not hurt. Look at Tao now. He’s sulking.” Joonmyeon said and they both turned and saw the pouty maknae hugging his knees on the floor.

 

“I know you were all joking around but we have to be especially careful now since we are touring soon.” Kris explained. 

 

He suddenly felt a little tingling and slowly realized that Joonmyeon’s hands were now playing around on his knees. Ooh Joonmyeon… Your hands, your hands… Don’t move them about please! Kris begged as his breathing became shallow.

 

“Were you worried about me?” Joonmyeon asked with a playful smile and twinkle in his eyes. His fingers were now carelessly grazing, circling and tapping on Kris' knees. By now, Kris' skin has really became more tingly from Joonmyeon’s touch.

 

“Yes.” He replied as steadily as possible. Kris didn’t actually want to say ‘yes’ but he didn’t want to say ‘no’ either.

 

His answer surprised him but not as much as it surprised Joonmyeon. The boy’s eyes had widened, locked on Kris’ and his mouth gaping into a small ‘o’. Kris can’t help but chuckle at the adorable sight.

 

“Aaah you are joking!” Joonmyeon laughed, pushing Kris on his shoulder and standing up at the same time to walk away. Kris sensed that Joonmyeon may be a little annoyed at being played, so he quickly grabbed the boy's hand and held on to it tightly.

 

Surprised, Joonmyeon stood still and looked at Kris. “What?” he asked fiercely, his hand still in Kris'. Kris was not fooled by that tone because he already saw Joonmyeon's lips twitch trying not to smile. 

 

“Nothing.” Kris answered nonchalantly but with a little smile. He slowly loosened his grip on Joonmyeon’s hand. 

 

Joonmyeon, however, held on and gave Kris' hand a light squeeze as he leaned down to him and whispered gently into Kris' ear, “I promise I won’t get hurt.” With that, he walked away.

 

Kris felt his heartbeat thumping loud against his chest. He smiled sheepishly, still feeling Joonmyeon's breath on his ear and slim fingers in his hand. He was loving and missing Joonmyeon’s touch so much. Joonmyeon’s simple words of promise meant so much to him that he was so overwhelmed with joy, his heart felt like bursting. Although he had just a brief moment with Joonmyeon, it was very precious because he was healed from his heartache and longing.

 

 

---

 

 

"Are you done packing?" Kris asked as he peeked into Joonmyeon's room. The boy was sitting on the floor with his opened luggage and clothes strewn around him.

 

"Not quite. I'm doing a checklist for Sehun first. He has packed his luggage but I want to make sure he brought everything that is important."

 

Kris walked in and sat across Joonmyeon. He watched as the boy wrote on a big piece of paper and pausing every few seconds before writing again. "You pamper Sehun all the time." Kris said.

 

"Yes I do." Joonmyeon replied. They both smiled at each other.

 

Kris now loved watching how Joonmyeon cared for Sehun. He understood the feeling of how anxious Joonmyeon gets when they were about to have an important event. Joonmyeon had told him recently that Sehun felt very guilty when he made mistakes at interviews or broadcasts. He gets upset for letting his hyungs down every time it happened. So nowadays, Joonmyeon made additional effort to prepare the maknae before each event.

 

Joonmyeon felt happy that his co-leader now understood him better and doesn't question his ways anymore. He also loved how Kris now asked more about Sehun although he denied that he cared that much for the maknae. Seeing Kris smile sweetly at him was so rare that Joonmyeon can't help but stare.

 

You look very handsome when you smile like that... he thought wishing he could say that to Kris but he was sure he may get punched if he said that.

 

"What are you staring at? Hurry up and pack." Kris said feeling his face heating up slightly.

 

"Ok ok... Aren't you here to help me pack?" Joonmyeon asked with a sweet smile.

 

I'm here because I miss you...

"No! ... ... ... Hmm… I wanted to ask you out for coffee actually. But look at you here…" Kris said pointing to the mess around Joonmyeon.

 

Joonmyeon saw Kris had a little pout and it made him laughed. "Hahahaa.. Alright, I will pack fast then we go get coffee ok?" He started to grab the clothes on the floor, folded them and stuffed them in his luggage. Kris took some clothes too, folded them and handed them to Joonmyeon which he took gratefully. After filling his luggage with some clothes and pants, he shut it and said, "Let's get that coffee now."

 

"But you are not done packing…" Kris said.

 

"That is why this checklist I made is so great because it is useful for me too." Joonmyeon said cheerfully, tugging at Kris' hands to stand up.

 

"Be sure you pack well tonight." Kris told Joonmyeon softly.

 

"Yes I will, duizhang." Joonmyeon replied just as softly which made Kris heart melt. With that, they left the dorm for their coffee date.

 

Kris loved walking on the streets at night. He loved the cool air and quietness and walking with Joonmyeon alone was the best part of it all. 

 

He missed having Joonmyeon to himself so much that when he was sure there were no other people on the streets, he slipped his arm around Joonmyeon's back and pulled him closer to his side. He really cannot deny that he loved the feeling of Joonmyeon's body next to his. This has become the one thing that Kris now loves the most. As they walked, their steps mirrored each other and it made Kris want to walk with Joonmyeon forever.

 

He felt Joonmyeon press himself closer to him that made him turned to look at the boy. Kris' insides went squishy and tender when he saw Joonmyeon looking up and smiling sweetly at him. He gulped and asked "Are you feeling cold?"

 

Joonmyeon shook his head and it made Kris' heart beat really fast.

 

He is enjoying this too right? Being alone with me, walking with me, he likes it too right? Kris wished he can ask Joonmyeon these questions. Instead, he continued to enjoy the walk in silent.

 

 

They bought their coffee and sat at the corner of a cafe. There were only a couple of customers, so they felt it was safe to sit in and have their drink. They sipped their coffee, glancing and smiling at each other like awkward teenagers. It was awkward indeed because they seldom went out to cafes and when they did, it was usually at some airport or hotel with the rest of the boys.

 

Here they were, talking, joking and annoying each other at some point with occasional touches that sent Kris into a higher state of happiness that he has never felt before. Kris wished they could remained there longer. They left the cafe a while later and as they were nearing their dorms, Joonmyeon suddenly held Kris' hand which made Kris' heart stopped beating momentarily.

 

 

"This was nice. I really like this." Joonmyeon said before they parted. Kris wasn't sure if Joonmyeon was referring to the coffee date or just being alone with him but it didn't matter. He felt so relieved and overjoyed that Joonmyeon like "this" just like he wished. He felt so excited that Joonmyeon had held his hand that he was sure he wouldn't be able to sleep that night. Kris never imagined that their ordinary coffee date could turned out to be the most perfect date ever.

 

 

---

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry I took much longer to update this chapter. Please do not abandon me cos I have not abandon Krisho huhuuuu.... I'm trying my best to pour all my Krisho feels into these chapters. I wish I can write better for Krisho's sake hahaaa... Does that make any sense? Haahaaaa.... Like always, thank you for reading and your comments. I ♥ all Krisho shippers.