Fool In Love

Giving In To Love

 

What do I do, what do I do, what do I do? Kris kept asking himself since he woke up.

 

He felt happy, nervous, confused and excited all at once. In another word, he was a mess. He thought he will feel confident and elated to see Joonmyeon today but he was so very wrong. His uncontrolled feelings were so overwhelming that he felt giddy and nauseous. He wondered if he can get through the day without looking like an idiot. He got more nervous as they were reaching their work place for their scheduled practice.

 

He saw Joonmyeon as he entered the practice room. Sehun was as usual draping himself on the older boy, chatting so closely which annoyed Kris a little. Thankfully Sehun stood up when he saw Luhan walk in. Kris instantly felt happy just like an idiot.

 

Oh man calm yourself down, Kris told himself. He decided to focus on practice and not be distracted with Joonmyeon. If only his heart would listen. 

 

During dance practice, Kris kept looking at Joonmyeon. I'm looking at his performance, that's all… Kris told himself.

 

At break time, he sat on the floor with everyone, slowly drinking his water wondering should he or should he not talk to Joonmyeon about whatever topic. He really wanted to hear Joonmyeon's soothing voice speaking to him and look into his beautiful face and dreamy, brown eyes looking back at him just like last night. Then he heard Sehun asking Joonmyeon if he could go to the cafe to buy drinks and knowing that Joonmyeon would go along with Sehun, Kris immediately offered to go with Joonmyeon. Just like an idiot, he readily made himself available for Joonmyeon. After taking all the boys’ orders, Kris and Joonmyeon walked to the cafe. 

 

“Is there something you want to talk to me about?” Joonmyeon asked Kris suddenly. 

 

Surprised at the question, Kris replied, "No, none actually. Why do you ask?" 

 

"You don't usually walk with me unless you have something to tell me. I'm sorry. I'm just curious." Joonmyeon explained with a smile. 

 

"Ahh… I…I just wanted to get some air." Kris answered as he realized the truth in what Joonmyeon had said. 

 

Feeling a little awkward, Kris decided to throw Joonmyeon a question. "Did you and Sehun get home fine yesterday?"

What a stupid question! Kris thought and mentally slapped himself. 

 

"Huh?… Yes we reached home fine." Joonmyeon replied scrunching his nose and nodded cutely. 

 

Ohh Joonmyeon, don’t do that please… Kris begged in his mind and restrained himself from touching Joonmyeon’s flawless face. Kris quickly turned forward and focused very hard on walking straight as his stomach did multiple lunges all the way to the cafe.

 

Joonmyeon ordered their drinks and Kris paid for them. As Joonmyeon was taking their purchase from the cashier, Kris too reached out to take the heavy plastic bags from Joonmyeon.

 

“No, I got it Kris.” Joonmyeon said holding the bags away from Kris as they walked out of the cafe. 

 

“Just let me help you with that.” Kris said striding alongside Joonmyeon and trying to grab the bags from behind him. 

 

“No, no… I’m fine…hehehee…” Joonmyeon started to laugh as he realized he actually can’t fight giant Kris. The tall leader was really trying his best to get the bags from Joonmyeon. 

 

“Ok, ok… hahahaaa… Kris... Kris…” Joonmyeon stopped walking but was still laughing in the hallway. Kris stopped too and was shocked at himself as he saw his arms were around Joonmyeon’s waist. His face went completely red and his whole body felt hot with embarrassment. He immediately dropped his arms and took the bags from laughing Joonmyeon. 

 

“Come on let’s go, the rest are waiting.” Kris said firmly as he walked on ahead but not before Joonmyeon saw Kris smile sheepishly. 

 

You are so cute, Kris! Joonmyeon thought gleefully, still laughing at giant Kris while running after him. “Kris wait… hahaahaa… Kriiiiisss…” 

 

Their practice went on for a few more hours and ended just in time for dinner. For convenience, they all decided to have dinner at the company’s cafe. Everyone was too tired to talk and just chomped down their food before they changed their clothes to go home. Their managers were already waiting at the parking lot with their car. Everyone got into their seats with Joonmyeon and Kris being the last two to get in. They climbed into the empty seats behind the driver. 

 

Sitting in the dark car, Kris realized how small Joonmyeon was, slumped quietly next to him on his right. He must be exhausted, Kris thought. Being slight in built, Joonmyeon not only had to dance but sing perfectly too. He probably will not go straight to bed tonight but will help Kyungsoo in what-not housework that Kyungsoo will find to do. 

 

My poor Joonie, Kris sighed aloud unaware. 

 

Joonmyeon turned up to Kris upon hearing him sighed. “Are you alright?” he asked in a whisper. 

 

Surprised, Kris turned to Joonmyeon and asked in his low voice, “Huh? What?” 

 

“You sighed. Are you ok?” Joonmyeon asked again full of concern. 

 

Kris chuckled but after 3 seconds of looking into Joonmyeon's eyes b with concern even in the dark, Kris felt his heart swell so full that it became tender and his whole body went weak. He was inwardly being concerned for Joonmyeon and here Joonmyeon was voicing out his concern for Kris. With his heartbeat racing, eyes gazing into Joonmyeon's and a smile on his face, Kris lifted his right arm and softy touched the top of Joonmyeon's hair.

 

"I'm fine, Joonie. I'm perfectly fine." Kris said softly.

 

He slowly slid his arm down Joonmyeon's back, patted it a little before pulling him in to lean on his side. Joonmyeon nodded cutely as he leaned back to comfortably rest on Kris' chest. Kris inhaled the air around him and smelled the sweet familiar scent of Joonmyeon that he so loved. Joonmyeon closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of Kris' broad chest on his back. Both of them sat though the car ride in silence, hearts thumping fast and smiling contentedly to themselves.

 

I wish the car ride was longer, Kris thought. 

 

I wish I can really sleep on Kris' chest, Joonmyeon thought. 

 

When the car stopped at the parking lot, all of them walked to their dorms, waved and said their good nights but Kris and Joonmyeon only had eyes for each other.

 

 

---

 

A/N: I'm sorry for taking longer to update and that this chapter is short. Please bear with me as I'm writing the next chapter. I really love all your comments. Thanks so much.