Chapter 9 - Remembering

Starting Today

Chapter 9: (Remembering.)

 

He saw a brilliant emotion radiate off her that day, it was a feeling of happiness and content in what she had. He felt it, as much as she did, that he was sure of. Never in his life was he surer, it was that she had loved him and he had loved her. He was never good enough for her in his eyes, and she thought the opposite. Though it should have broken them apart it didn’t, for the other knew that their love would be as strong as it could be.

 

They had stood up from the cherry blossom tree after a moment of silence, relishing in the peaceful moment. Afterwards they had left for a restaurant in the park, it was a quaint little place. I was built on a small hill, light brown wooden planks as flooring and a dark wood wall. I had a small balcony off to the side overlooking the park in all its glory. The lake off to the left side of the balcony shined brightly in the sun and the trees swayed freely in the wind. It was a picturesque scene right before her eyes, a Kodak moment if you will.

 

Onew had decided to take another photo of them together there with his phone once again. She thought it was the first but underneath the cherry blossom tree was a stolen shot of himself and he while she was drifting away. She gladly took a picture with Onew now though, with the beautiful backdrop and their beaming smiles, they had taken a marvelous picture.

 

They settled down in a table on the farthest corner inside the café. He took the menu and order something for himself first, knowing from Key that it was better to order for yourself as the girl would most likely feel uncomfortable if it was her first. He didn’t know if it was true but he had did it anyways and she didn’t seem appalled by his actions. She soon ordered afterwards, eating something different from his preference. He didn’t question what she ordered and just smiled; he didn’t want to offend her by asking her a question that would be considered rude. He didn’t want to offend her in anyway, but there was still the problem of topics that could be addressed while waiting for the meal to arrive.

 

She saw Onew’s eyes wondering around and not looking directly at her, he seemed uncomfortable with the situation. She wondered why as they were happily chatting along a while ago. She assumed that it was because of the different setting. “What do you want to do after we eat?” She asked trying to get rid of the awkward atmosphere that he was emitting. 

 

“I was wondering, if actually we can go out of the park and head over to my dorm. I wanted to get something from there and than go around Seoul for a little bit more. Is that okay with you?” She nodded at his request and smiled at him.

 

It wasn’t everyday that you get to visit SHINee’s dorm and it wasn’t everyday that Onew himself invites you. She felt like a princess but at the same time wondered how long it would last. How long till the dream of a lifetime came to an end and if it did will a better one come by? Her thoughts were always filled with different scenarios but as she spent more time with him, it slowly disappeared. Curse him for it, it was his fault that she couldn’t move on and that she wasn’t as careful as she should be. It was his fault for blinding her from seeing the truth. That his heart was stole by someone else when they were dating, that he had just stayed with her out of pity.

 

Onew paused and looked around his dorm. SHINee’s dorm looked exactly the same since she left, except for the increased amount of awards and albums they had. He had brought her here for their first date, wanting to introduce her as his girlfriend to his friends. SHINee knew that Onew and her were friends before hand and applauded him when he finally got the courage to ask her out. They had told him to do so countless times before he had confessed to her. After all it wasn’t everyday you found someone you liked and had a chance that they like you back.

 

He had told Key that he would bring her over because of his constant nagging about ‘meeting’ her even though they were already good friends (in fact it was Key who introduced them). Though he knew that Key would just ask about the date he didn’t go back on his words. That and he wouldn’t hear the end of it otherwise. He also prepared a present to her and left it at the dorm by accident while thinking of other things to get her before the date (also he was way too excited). It was a good excuse to go back to their dorm, so he did and they went.

 

Their dorm was neat once you got in but in their individual rooms it was messy. Paper strewn everywhere because of never taking out the trash, cosmetics were arranged in a line but most were already finished, he just didn’t know which one. Luckily clothes weren’t just left on the floor because they had a laundry basket in their dorm. Though they did need new trash bins. He just sighed, he was not bringing her anywhere near the rooms, usually he cleaned before he had anyone over, and so did the rest of the team. He led her to the lounge, opting out to bringing her anywhere near the mess, and asked her to sit on the coach. He called for Key and almost immediately he was there, dragging along Minho and Taemin. It was a weird occurrence as Onew thought that Key would want to be along with her but he guessed not.

 

He excused himself as he was going to get something from his room as planned. Though once he did he felt a little uneasy leaving her there, but they were already friends so what the nervousness for. There were time they met without him; he was just being overprotective. He shook away that feeling and left for his room, to take his present and immediately leave. It was the goal he had in mind at that time.

 

She sat on the coach and was just going to idly wait for Onew but he had called Key and Key came out with Taemin and Minho. At least she won’t feel awkward if they did come out of their rooms and find her just sitting there. Actually she had wondered why they weren’t playing video games in the first place when they had a free day. She just dismissed the fact thinking they had a scheduled appointment later on.

 

Key stared at her intensely; she remembered this so vividly it was funny. She was sure she never had this kind of conversation with anyone but Key and that it was a one of a kind conversation that would make you burst out laughing when you thought about it. The good memories that would forever stay in your heart because you knew, you just knew, that it were all in good intention. No bad thoughts at all. Key’s and hers conversation was exactly like that, the lightheartedness of the whole situation but at the same time it had a serious under tone of a worried brother. She wished that she had the courage to have kept talking with him after the whole thing, but she couldn’t face anyone right after.

 

She had desolated herself and didn’t think of anything except trying to just live everyday. She didn’t want to meet him because of the continuous fear of meeting Onew and meeting people she didn’t want to even see. Though now she had decided to face her enemies, her fears, she wanted to look back and remember everything that made her what she was today. So she had the strength to at least stand in front of them.