Love is Ouch

Tonight


Dara's eyes suddenly flung open.

'Jiyong!' Her mind screamed when images of him flashed through her mind.

A rush of anxiety made her sit up abruptly, followed by her hand clutching her chest.
Mixture of panic, hurt and realization engulfed her.
She closed her eyes for a moment and heaved a shaky sigh.
When she finally stabilized herself, she glanced at the clock hanging on her bedroom wall.
Any moment now their female manager will be knocking at her door.

She pressed her hand to her throbbing head trying to remember how she fell asleep last night.
All she can recall was crying endlessly with Bom by her side.

"Dara, wake up." Bo Young knocked. "Breakfast is ready."

"Ye," She hoarsely replied.

Feeling weak and shaky, she pushed herself off the bed.


After taking a bath, Dara felt her condition worsen.
She started feeling cold that morning and she didn't have any appetite.
Knowing those familiar symptoms, she's positive that she was coming down with something.
Not wanting the others to worry about her, she decided to keep it to herself.

Instead of joining the girls for breakfast, she stayed inside her room resting.
The members didn't argue with her anymore about eating.

Thinking that she didn't get much sleep after crying all night, they just let her be.

The girls are scheduled to meet Teddy that day for their final album recording.
They were supposed to finish the last track right after Jiyong's birthday, but due to unexplained reason, Teddy kept postponing.
The delay had already come to the president's attention and he is now demanding that they finish it as soon as possible.

It was also later announced that 2NE1's first studio album is set to be released in a couple of weeks.
The pressure was on so they really need to hustle up.


Minutes later, she heard a knock on her door.

"Dara unnie," Minji called. "We're leaving."

"Ah, ne." She got up real quick, not minding the dizziness.

The maknae was waiting outside her room when she came out.

"They already went..." Minji paused and scanned her from head to foot. "...down. Unnie, what's with the outfit?"

The maknae wondered why she was wearing layers of clothes when summer is still blazing in their country.
Not only did she wear an oversized thick jacket with hood almost covering her entire face, she was also wearing a scarf around her neck.

"The weather is steaming hot today and you're all covered up?" Minji teased, but she also wondered. "Unnie, are you okay?"

Dara adjusted the hood of her jacket so she can reveal part of her face.

"I'm fine. Let's go." She said, taking her by the hand.

But before they could even reach the door, Minji pulled her back.

In one swift move, she put her hand on Dara's forehead. "Omo! Unnie, you're hot."

Realizing that she made a big mistake holding her while she's burning up, Dara immediately put a finger against her lips. "Shh... Don't tell the others."

"But unnie,"

She gave her a warning look.

++++++++++

The flight back home was peaceful and quiet for all the Big Bang members.
Jiyong and Youngbae haven't spoken a word to each other after the restaurant incident and their managers have no idea that something occurred between them.
The small word fight they had last night didn't bother the other members too much because they know that once they set foot in Seoul, things will be back to normal like nothing  
happened. That's just the way they are.

Inside the van...

"Youngbae-ah," Boram called, looking at the rear view mirror while driving.

He looked up from reading messages on his cellphone.

"Jaewook hyung texted, he said that I need to drop you off at the company so you can rehearse for tomorrow's music festival."

"Ne, I received a message from him just now." He leaned his head back against the headrest and closed his eyes.

"Namguk hyung," He heard Jiyong's voice from behind.

The manager who was sitting in the passenger seat turns his head around.

"Since I don't have schedule today, I'll just hang out at the recording studio."

"Okay."

+++++++++++++


"SANDARA PARK!" A very familiar voice boomed all over the cafeteria.

Dara almost spit out the water she was drinking.
She took off her hood to get a better view of what's about to come her way.

Her best friend, looking enraged, was marching towards her with the maknae following close behind.

Noticing Minji using Bom's body to hide herself, she clicked her tongue understanding what this is all about.

Bom was now standing across the table in front of her with arms crossed over her chest.

"Let me guess." Dara looked past her scowling friend. "Someone can't keep shut."

"Unnie, I'm sorry." Minji said in a small voice. She was peeking over Bom's shoulder.

"Yah!" Bom barked. "You can't blame her. She was asking me for medicine so I figured something was wrong."

Dara's heart softened when she found out what the maknae did.

She sighs. "Just don't tell the others, Bommie-ah. I don't want them to worry, especially Teddy oppa. We really need to finish that last song today or we're screwed."

Her friend sighed as well.

Still standing, Bom reached across the table for her hand and then she put a tiny candy-like tablet in her palm.

"Uhm, what's this?" Dara asked, inspecting it.

Bom rolled her eyes.

"Take that now." She ordered. "It will help reduce your body temperature. I'll give you one again later."

Dara smiled at her. "Thanks, my Florence Nightingale."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." She mumbled as she went to her side and took a seat.

Minji, still unmoving on the spot where Bom left her, lowered her head like she was about to cry.

"You're forgiven, maknae-ah." Dara said to her.

"Really?" She asked, sounding uncertain.

Her cute unnie nods her head and smiled. "Ne."

"Yes!" She cheered. "I'm heading back to the recording room first. I'll just call you once they're finish setting up."

With that, she dashed away from their sight.

"Isn't she cute?" Dara remarked as she pops the medicine inside .

"What the...?" She grimaced. "What the hell is this?"

Bom mischievously smiles. "Believe me, you don't wanna know."

She gulped a huge amount of water and gasped. "Ohmaigad! That was nasty."

"But thanks anyway." She took another sip of water. "With this flavor, whatever virus or bacteria I have inside my body I'm pretty darn sure they're all dead by now."

They both laughed.

"Are you feeling better now?" Bom asked.

She blinked and turned to her. "I can't tell yet. I just took the medicine, remember?"

"Babo!" Bom hit her head lightly. "That's not what I meant."

"Oh," She uttered, suddenly understanding her question.

She let out a big heavy sigh and turned to her. "I'd be lying if I tell you I'm okay."

Her best friend frowned at her. "Well I'm not expecting you to be. My main concern is what's going to happen to you every time you see him? It's not like with... you know... where you're both far away from each other and it was easier for you to move on."

Dara bit her lower lip and glanced away.

"Yes, it was easier before with Joseph." She said it like it's just a normal sentence.

Then she looked back at Bom and smiled lightly.

"But you and the girls shouldn't worry about me anymore." She said. "Starting today, I promise that I will refrain myself from crying and I will try my best to move on."

Bom grinned in amazement. "Jungmal?"

Dara nods her head, smiling.

"Atta girl!" She took her hand and squeezed it. "Always remember that whatever happens, we are here for you."

Dara stretched her thin arms out to hug her.

"Thank you Bommie-ah. I just hope that I can do this." She softly said.  

Bom pulled away and looked straight into her eyes.

"YOU CAN DO THIS, DARA-YAH." She said in a loud voice.

"Yah!" Dara panicked, checking if someone heard her.

Luckily, no one was around.

"Word of advice Dara, if the two of you happen to be in a same place, just look somewhere else. I'm sure you'll find something interesting that will definitely get him out of your system."


+++++++++++++


"Make it a bit faster on this part." Teddy pointed at the lyrics sheet.

Minji nods and proceeds to the recording booth.

"Ready, Minji-ah?"

"Ye," She replied.

He signaled the recording engineer who was sitting beside him.

Minji closed her eyes and listened to the music.

"You say you love me but why,
Do you keep making it so hard for me?
What is it exactly that you're upset about?
Recently your increased interference and meddling is wearing me out."

Teddy pressed the talkback button. "One more time. Let's make it a little sweeter."

"Ye."


The door of the recording studio suddenly opened.

"Youngbae-ah!" Bom greeted enthusiastically, earning a shushed from Teddy.

She dipped her head a little. "Mianhaeyo, oppa."

Youngbae smiled while walking towards Teddy.

They shook hands, gangster-style.

"Why you here?"

"I got practice but Dongwook hyung is not done yet with his." He explained. "Can I stay here for awhile?"

"Sure, bro."

Youngbae squeezed himself between Chaerin and Dara on the couch.

"Aigoo, oppa." Chaerin said to him, giggling.

Dara, on the other hand, gave him an annoyed look.

Raising his eyebrow, he started poking her sides earning him some playful hits from her.

"Stop that." She was glaring and giggling at the same time.

"Ayy nuna, didn't you miss me?"

Bom smiled watching them fool around.

Teddy turned his swivel chair around. "Where are the others?"

"Except for Jiyong who's now at sajangnim's office, the others went straight to the dorm." Youngbae said.

Teddy nodded his head and went back to what he was doing.


DARA POV

I tried hard not to behave differently when I heard his name.
But I'm not sure if it's working.
Oh God, please tell me it's not true.
He can't possibly be here right now.
I just had a talk with Bom that I won't cry anymore because of him.
I was expecting for more time. But why?
Of all the days, why now?
I'm just starting to accept things.
Please don't let him come here. Please don't let us see each other.
I don't think I'll be able to handle his presence today.

END OF DARA POV


Upon the mention of Jiyong's name, Bom's eyes instantly went to her best friend.
Based on Dara's expression, it's obvious that she was shaken by the news that her ex-boyfriend is in the building.

She was beginning to worry.
With Dara finding out Jiyong was with Kiko last night, she doesn't know how much can her friend endure.

But still, she held on to what Dara told her.
She promised that she will no longer cry and will try her best to move on.

'She can do it.' She convinced herself while staring at Dara who was oblivious that she was watching her. 'Even if she has to act, she'll try her best not be affected by him.'


Wanting to lighten up the mood, Bom turns her chair around.

"Youngbae-ah," She sweetly said, fluttering her eyelashes. "Where's my present from Japan?"

"Omo, unnie." Chaerin reacted, feeling embarrassed on her behalf. "How could you ask oppa just like that? Aigoo."

Youngbae smiled. "I'll bring them tomorrow nuna; I haven't unpacked my things yet."

Bom stuck her tongue out at Chaerin, making the leader shake her head.

"Youngbae jjang!" She cheered and clapped her hands silently, trying to annoy the 2NE1 leader more

Youngbae and Dara laughed.

"Chaerin-ah, you're next." They heard Teddy called.

"Ye,"


While Chaerin was recording, Bom and Minji were busy paying attention to the bickering of two close friends.

"I can't believe you'll be rapping again on this song." Youngbae teased while looking at Dara's lyrics sheet. "Why don't you just leave that to Chaerin and Minji?"

She puffs and snatched the sheet away from his hand.

"What's wrong with me rapping?"She said glaring at him. "I can rap too, you know."

"Oh sure," He sat up and cleared his throat.

"Ja himi deul ddwaen modu saneul taja (Now when you're having a hard time, let's all climb mountains) Samshipboon dwiae jungsangaeseo manna (Let's meet at the peak in 30  
minutes)" He rapped, imitating Dara's voice and her actions in the new 2NE1's music video which hasn't been released to the public yet.

"YAH!" She said yelled.

Everyone, including Teddy, convulsed in laughter.

"Omo, unnie." Minji, who was now sitting beside Youngbae, clutched her stomach. "Oppa got you there."

She and Youngbae high-fived.

Flustered, Dara pushed him. "You're such a... You're annoying, don't you know that?"

He just kept laughing along with others.


"Hey, hey, hey." A voice interrupted them.

As they all turned to look, they saw someone stepped into the room with a big smile on his face.

Everyone in the room took turns in greeting him.

"Yo Master Wu," Teddy stood up and the two did their gangster style handshake. "What's up hommie?"

"Just checking up on you guys." He sits in the empty chair next to Teddy. "Seems like you're having fun around here."

"We were, until you showed up." His friend joked.

"HAHAHA" He said. "I heard the girls are working on Love is Ouch."

"Heard my a$$," Teddy scoffs. "You knew it was today."

"Oh really?" He said in teasing manner. "I thought you were going to cancel... AGAIN."

"SHUT UP."

"Arasseo, arasseo." Master Wu laughed. "So where are we now?"

"All are done except for Dara. She's up next."

He leaned his back against the chair. "Cool, let's get it on."

Teddy arched an eyebrow at him. "You came here to boss around, didn't you?"

He smirked. "Shut up and start."

Teddy rolled his eyes and turned his chair. "Dara, you're next."

"Ye,"

Before getting up, Dara gave Youngbae one final hit.

"Ouch! You can't get away with this nuna." He winced while rubbing his arm. "Don't forget, 'Samshipboon dwiae jungsangaeseo manna' (Let's meet at the peak in 30 minutes)." He  
imitated her again.

Roaring laughter filled the recording studio.

"Aishhh! Jincha!" She stormed her way into the recording booth.

++++++++++


"Am I the only one who knows about this?"

"I already informed Teddy." Hyun Suk replied. "As usual, he'll be helping you with the arrangements. And as the leader, I want you to tell the other members about the change of  
plans."

Jiyong sighed. "I will, hyung."

He was about to get up from the chair when he heard the president clearing his throat. "Jiyong-ah,"

"Ye, hyung?" Something tells him that their talk is more than just work related.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

He sighed deeply and slumps back into his chair.

"I'm not forcing you to talk here, Jiyong-ah. I was just asking-"

"To be honest hyung, I really don't know who to talk to anymore. Everything is such a mess right now." He raked his fingers through his hair. "Dara doesn't trust me, the members  
are speculating, my friends are demanding, my best friend is accusing me, another person is hurting because of me, and the list goes on."

Hyun Suk leaned forward and clasped his hands together on the table in front of him. "You do realize that you're telling me what the others feel? How about you? How do you feel?"

"Me?" Jiyong pointed to himself. He paused for awhile to assess his own feelings.

"To say that I'm tired is an understatement." He said thoughtfully. "I feel... I feel mentally disoriented and... well, yeah.... emotionally unstable."

For a minute there, he could have sworn that he saw the president smiling.

"That's too bad." Hyun Suk said, leaning his back against the chair.

There was something on how he said it made him shiver.

"I hope that you can recover from all of these as soon as possible." The elder added.

Jiyong waved his hand. "Not to worry hyung. I'll be fine once Big Bang starts promoting here in Korea again."

"I sure do hope so." Hyun Suk said picking up a pen from his table and spinning it. "I'm assuming you ARE aware that by the time we release the album you're working on,  
you guys will be promoting alongside with 2NE1? Meaning it's inevitable for you and the girls to be in the same place at the same time."


JIYONG POV

That's when I realized the situation I was in.
Promoting with 2NE1 means more opportunities for Dara and I to see each other.
Not that I don't like the idea. I am actually thrilled.
But reality !
We already broke up.
What good is being with someone I love if we can't even look at each other in the eye?

No matter how hard we try to act normal around each other, it's still awkward.
It scares me that in a short span of time, we're quickly drifting apart.
Not just as lovers, even as friends.

I'm sure that my feelings for her haven’t change.
I still love and care for her with all of my heart.
The only difference is, I am loving her now from a distance.

END JIYONG POV

Jiyong was in complete daze.

"Jiyong?"

Hyun Suk's voice pulled him back from his train of thoughts.

He blinked and looked at him. "Y-ye?"

"I said you don't have to worry."

"Eh?"

"Were you listening to what I just said earlier?"

Jiyong sat up. "I'm sorry, maybe it's the lack of sleep. What was that again, hyung?"

"I said you'll be fine for as long as you know how to control yourself."

"Eh?" He stared at him, questioningly. "Control myself?"

++++++++++

Getting into the elevator the elevator, Jiyong kept repeating in his mind what the president told him.

"What does he mean about controlling myself?" He mumbled while punching the third floor button. "Control myself on what?!"

'I'm always in control.' He thought. 'I'm good in controlling my emotions whenever Dara and I are in public together and he knows that. Everyone in YG knows that.'

He slightly cocked his head. 'Was he referring to the..."

He shook his head violently. 'Ani, ani. He doesn't know about that. Unless... Unless someone told him.'

'DING!'

Still shaking his head, he stepped out of the elevator and headed towards the recording studio.

When he opened the door, he was greeted by shrieks of laughter which slowly deteriorated when his presence was felt.
He looks around and was surprised to see the girls and Youngbae inside the room.

"O Jiyong-ah," Teddy greeted.

"What's up bro?" Master Wu called.

The girls were quiet, exchanging serious glances.

"I didn't know that you're busy, hyung." He said to Teddy.

He was still standing in the doorway, holding the door open.
His eyes roamed around.
The person he wanted to see was out of sight but he knew she is the one inside the recording booth.

"It's alright. We'll be done soon." Teddy motioned for him to come in.

Jiyong went in and greeted everyone in the room including Youngbae.
He noticed the three girls looked awkward greeting him back.

"I thought you have practice." He said, walking past Youngbae and taking a seat on the empty space between him and Chaerin.

"The dancers are still practicing with Dongwook hyung." His best friend replied, moving a little to the side to give him space.

That was their first conversation after last night.

He smiled at the thought and elbowed him.

"We're okay, right?" He said in a small voice, enough for just the two of them to hear.

Youngbae smiled and hit him lightly at the back of his head.

The two of them chuckled.

Jiyong turned to his other side. "What song are you working on?"

"Love is ouch," The 2NE1 leader showed him the lyrics sheet.

++++++++++

When Dara saw Jiyong entered the recording room, she wanted to run and hide.
She couldn't accept the fact that their world inside the company is very small.
Now she fully understands the downside of having a relationship with someone in the company.


DARA POV

Great! Just great!
I slightly looked up and stared at the ceiling.
Why oh why?
No matter how hard we try to avoid each other, we still end up being in the same place.

Oh God, I was wishing for just this day.
Just one day for me to get my emotions straight.
But I guess I didn't wish hard enough.

I could feel my cheeks heating up and I'm absolutely sure it's not just because of him.
It seems like my temperature is shooting up again.
Gah! Superb timing.

Trying to struggle with my thoughts and feelings plus my physical condition, I hung on for dear life.

END DARA POV

She picked up her water bottle from the floor and took a sip.

"Okay, Dara." She heard Teddy's voice. "Are you ready?"

"Ah-y-ye," She stuttered.

Silence surrounded the room when the music started playing.
Everyone inside the recording studio was anticipating.

Dara closed her eyes in concentration while waiting for her queue.

"You're trying to overcome this easily But it seems our time's already up, Time to say good bye---"

She stopped all of a sudden. "Mianhaeyo, oppa."

"That's okay we can start again."

"Ye,"

"Ready."

"You're trying to overcome this easily But it seems our time's already up,
Time to say good bye, don't pretend like you can't hear me
We were over a long time ago; now turn your head away
I'm singing a break-up song, bye my love"

"Don't rush, Dara-ah." Teddy said. "Let's do it again from the top."

Youngbae was listening intently at Dara's singing.
There was a hint of uneasiness in how she delivers the song and he knows exactly why.
Jiyong's presence is making her extremely uncomfortable.

From where Jiyong was sitting, he can see Dara clearly inside the recording booth.
He saw her adjusting the hood of her jacket like she doesn't want to be seen by him.
It bothers him whenever she does that.

"That's great Dara; now let's move on to the next. Are you ready?"

"Ye,"

Master Wu suddenly took the talkback button from Teddy.

"Dara-ah," He spoke. "I'm rooting for you, hwaiting!"

Voices of the girls protesting suddenly filled the room.

Laughing, Teddy grabbed the talkback button. "Ah, jincha. Now you're making my girls upset."

"I can't believe you just said that oppa." Bom complained.

"Yeah," Chaerin seconded. "You're mean, oppa! We worked hard too you know."

"That's unfair!" Minji said with a pout.

The guys in the room were laughing at the girls' reaction.

"What I mean to say is that I'm rooting for 2NE1." Master Wu chuckled, trying to resolve the matter.

"Now that's better." Minji said giggling.

"Okay now girls, settle down." Teddy said sternly. "Let's finish this so we can all eat."

Dara concentrated in delivering the right emotions through the song but her condition isn't helping.
Her voice is starting to sound raspy.
In the middle of the verse she was singing, her voice keeps cracking up.

They had to do it over and over, causing Teddy to become a bit sensitive.
Because of this, Bom had no choice but to tell him and the others about her condition.
Teddy's cold exterior suddenly disappeared.
He got worried, and so did the others.

"Hyung, let her rest first." Jiyong immediately told him.

It wasn't a suggestion but more of a command coming from him.

Teddy pressed the talkback button. "Dara-ah, why don't you take some rest and-?"

"No oppa, mianhaeyo. I can do this." Her voice was starting to shake. "Please let me finish this."

Master Wu leans closer to his friend and whispered something.
Teddy replied by nodding his head.
They all watch as Master Wu got up from his chair and headed inside the recording booth.

Looking from the outside, they saw him leading Dara to sit on a chair.
He adjusted the microphone, lowering it to her level.
They know he was talking to her because of his moving lips.

"Dara-ah, I know you're doing this because you don't want to burden the others." Master Wu said. "But you don't have to force yourself. You can rest and we can just reschedule  
tomorrow."

"Oppa," She said weakly, her eyes were welling up with tears. "I'm sorry if I keep messing up your song."

"Who said you're messing it up?" He narrowed his eyes. "As far as I know, nobody can pull off those parts but you."

Dara was deeply moved with what he said that her tears started falling. "Thank you oppa, I'll work hard on this. I promise."

"Aigoo, don't cry Dara." He said giving her a warm smile. "I know you can do it. Hwaiting!"

She wiped her tears and smiled. "Hwaiting!"


When Jiyong saw Dara wiping her cheeks, he quickly stood up making everyone turn their eyes on him.

"Where do you think your going?" Teddy asked him.

"Hyung, she's crying."

"Sit down." His senior said in an authoritative voice.

"But-"

"He's helping her out, can't you see?"

When he glanced back through the glass window, he saw Dara and Master Wu high-fived.

Sit down, Ji." He heard Youngbae's voice.

He looks down to his side and arched an eyebrow at him.

"I said sit down." His best friend repeated.

Not wanting to argue with him anymore, he reluctantly followed.

Master Wu came out of the booth and went back to his seat,

"Give her a minute or two." He said to Teddy.

Dara was wiping her tears and fanning her face with her hand.
She sipped some water and closed her eyes.

"Are you ready Dara?" She heard Master Wu's voice.

She smiled. "Ye, oppa."

"Okay let's hit it." He said to Teddy who was shaking his head.

Everyone in the recording studio held their breath when the melody played.

"Please think of farewell as love as well
You'd drive me crazy
Being like this, I don't think I can help but hate you
Instead I'll tell you, it's over, now turn your head away
I'm singing a breakup song, goodbye my love"

Master Wu pressed the talkback button in haste. "That was fantastic, Dara."

He turned to Teddy, "Let's give her the ending part."  

Teddy was hesitant to answer. "T-that, I actually gave that to Minji."

They both turned their heads toward her.

"Minji-ah, do you mind?" Master Wu asked politely.

"No not at all," She answered right away. "I think that part suits unnie better."

"Kamsahamnida," He said kneeling on the floor and bowing, making everyone in the room chuckle.

"OMO!" Minji shyly giggled. "Stop it, oppa."

Teddy seized the opportunity to press the talkback button.

"Dara-ah, you know the ending part which Minji sang?" He said.

"Ye."

"You'll be doing that instead."

"Y-ye."

"Okay, get ready."

The music started playing again.

"I won't forget, day and night
The memories I always had with you
Memories I had with you"

"PERFECT!" Master Wu beamed.

Teddy gapes at him. "You really can't control yourself, can you?"

"I'm sorry man," He laughs. "These girls are now my babies."

"NO!" Teddy objected. "MY BABIES! MINE!"

The two adults acting like kids made the girls shake their heads and the guys laugh.

+++++++++++++

Dara was shivering inside the recording booth even if there's no air conditioning.

'This is bad,' She thought, hugging herself against the cold.

"Dara you can come out now." She heard Teddy called.

"Y-ye."


DARA POV

I was beyond any doubt, hesitant to come out of the booth.
Jiyong is still there.  
Aish!
Now I'm wishing that he could somehow read my mind.
Aigoo. What if I cry again today because of him?
I shook off the thought.

'Dara-ah, you need to toughen up!' I scolded myself.

Facing the door, I prepared myself.

'I won't cry again,' I chanted inside my head as I opened the door.

'I won't cry again,' As I stepped out of the booth.

I first saw Youngbae clapping his hand when I came out.

"Dara the rapppa." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.

Then unexpectedly, just like magnets, a pulling force made our eyes meet.

OH NO! Eotokke?!

END DARA POV


JIYONG POV

Time stood still when our gazes locked together.
Her strained stare strongly tells me that she's fighting hard not to show a single emotion.

But she should've known better.
She's Dara and I'm Jiyong.
Our eyes don't lie.

God, I miss her so much that it pains me.
Why did I even stay here in the first place?
I could have avoided this scenario by leaving as soon as I found out she's here.
But still I stayed because I want to see her.
Even for just a moment.

She's still beautiful in my eyes.

I want her so bad that I'm feeling the urge to run up to her so that I can hold her, embrace her and kiss her.
But reality wouldn't let me.

I swallowed hard to sustain my sanity.

Then in a split second, she looked away, leaving me lost and empty.
I lowered my gaze as I let my guilty conscience eat me.

I really feel so small and weak in front of her.

END JIYONG POV


"Dara-ah, I think you should take some rest now." Teddy said to her.

"Yeah, you should rest." Master Wu seconded.

"Ye, I will." Dara replied standing beside Teddy, pretending like she's reading something from his computer. "Right after we finish everything."

Teddy creased his forehead as he turned to his computer. "I don't think there's anything we need from you girls right now. You can go on a break and I'll just call you if we need  
you."

"Finally! I can go home and sleep." Bom stretched her arms wide.

"No, you can't go home yet." Teddy turned to her. "I need you close. You can go to a nearby cafe or anywhere near here. We will just review the song then -"

"Ye, ye. You'll call us if we're needed." Bom interrupted, sounding annoyed.

She got up from her chair and stretched. "I'll just sleep here then."

"I'm going to the gym, oppa." Minji announced, getting ready to go out.

"Sure." Teddy said then he glanced back at Dara who was still standing beside him. "Why don't you take some rest in one of the private rooms near the cafeteria?"

Dara nods her head.

Without thinking twice, she headed to the door.

"Nuna," Youngbae got up from the couch and walked over to her."I'll come with you."

Hearing what he said, Jiyong wasn't able to control his mouth. "Ay wae?"

Everyone turned around to stare at him, even Dara.

He ignored them and continued giving his best friend the look.

Dara was startled at his reaction.

When she regained her senses back, she looked at Youngbae and smiled. "I can go there by myself."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course. What am I, a baby?" She chuckled.

'Yes.' Jiyong thought, secretly glancing at her. 'You are my baby.'

A huge wave of depression washed over him.

"Okay, just call me if you need anything." Youngbae said, opening the door for her.


JIYONG POV

I watched her leave the room.
The moment the door closed, my feet were itching to follow her.
But from the way she looked at me earlier, I'm afraid I need to keep my distance.
And besides, she's sick.
She needs to rest and I don't want to disturb her.
I'm already grateful that I've seen her even for just a little while.

The seniors and Chaerin started discussing about the song that they have recorded.
Youngbae went over to join them while Bom sat at the other end of couch.

For some reason, it made me wonder why she's not speaking to me.
Come to think of it, the girls are not speaking to me.
Well, Chaerin did talk to me.
But that was because I asked her a question first. It doesn't count.
I have a strong feeling that there's something going on here.
I know they're disappointed at me because of what happen to me and Dara, but the last time I checked we were okay.
The girls and I were fine before I went to Japan.
What could be the problem now?

I felt something brushed the side of my thigh.
When I turned I saw Bom laid her head on the armrest of the couch and closed her eyes.

THAT'S IT!!!  Something's up. I need to talk to someone!

First, I need to check on Dara.

I got up from the couch but surprisingly, nobody noticed that I was on my way out.
Shouldn't they be stopping me or something?

END JIYONG POV

+++++++++++++

'DING'

Dara steps out of the elevator and headed down the hall to the cafeteria.
She went to one of the private rooms near the dancing studio.
It's where she and the members usually hang out to eat and talk.

Feeling drained, she laid her head on her arms that were resting on the table and closed her eyes.

For about five minutes, she kept changing position trying to get herself comfortable.
But whatever she does, she can't find a perfect angle to sleep.
Not only that.
Every time she closes her eyes, it's always Jiyong that she sees.

"Aish!" She sat up and sighed.

'This is not working at all.' She thought.

Then she heard a growling sound.

She looked down and placed a hand on her stomach.

'Oh yeah!' She smiled at herself. 'I'm hungry, that's why I can't sleep. Aigoo!'

She pushed herself up and went out to get something to eat.


When she came out of the room, she heard voices down the hall where the cafeteria is.
She glanced at her other side and noticed that the door of the dancing studio was open.
She suddenly remembered that Dongwook is using the dance studio according to Youngbae.

'Maybe it's their break time.' She thought.

Walking to the cafeteria, she saw some of the dancers having snacks.
They greeted her when they saw her.

She nods back and smiled.

She was walking while looking at them that she didn't pay attention to where she was heading.

"Oooops!" A voice said when she felt she had bumped into someone.

In an instinct, she closed her eyes. "Omo,"  

"Nuna,"

She slowly opened her eyes. "Deuk-ah."

He was holding a tray with a bowl of soup and bottled water.

"Annyeonghaseyo," He greeted her with a wide smile.

Dara awkwardly smiled. "O, a-annyeong."

"What are you doing here- oh," He suddenly remembered something. "Jiyong hyung is looking for you?"

She blinked. "What?"

"He was looking for you; I think he's still inside the dance studio talking to Jae hyung."

Panic rushed through her body when she heard what he said.

"Nuna," Youngdeuk tilted his head. "Are you okay?"

He placed the tray he was holding on the table beside them without removing his gaze from her. "Nuna?"

Dara looked at him but she wasn't speaking.

"Nuna, you look pale." He said in a worried voice.

"Jiyong-ah," They both turned to look when they heard Jaewook's voice nearby.

Dara fidgeted and Youngdeuk noticed.
From the sound of Jaewook's voice, it seems like he's still across the hall calling Jiyong.

"Nuna, are you okay?"

"Deuk-ah..." She said staring at him with an unreadable expression. "P-please take me away from here."




-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v