4

Always Here for You

Hey! This is the final chapter everyone! We hope you guys like it! :)

Thanks to all those who subbed and commented! :D lol (Lots of Love) xD


4...

“Daehyun… I can’t be your second choice… No… Not when you were my first…”

Your words kept replaying over and over in his mind. He was waiting for you to wake up from your deep sleep. He looked at you taking notice of those little things he hadn’t taken the chance to see before. Your peaceful eyes that were now knocked out, remembering the sparkle they used to have whenever you would laugh at his jokes. He stares at the thin line that’s in your lips, those same lips that would always cheer him up whenever he was feeling at his lowest. Truth is he hadn’t realized before how much he’s been through with you. He finally feels your hand moving, and you groan while pressing your hand on your temple.

You are dizzy and the only thing you recall is the huge headache. You look around trying to recover from your blurry sight. As you do, you notice you’re in your apartment. You also notice someone sitting next to you.

“You’re finally up, here take this.”

He handed to you some pain killers and a glass of water. You take the medicine and look away from him trying to figure out what happened last night.

‘What is he doing here?’ ‘How did I get here?’

“You know drinking doesn’t solve any problems.”

You look at him and immediately start to recall what had happened. You and Sophie, and the drinking, and your mumbling confession.

“Why you didn’t tell me?”

You stare at him not knowing what he means.

“Tell you what?”

“Everything… You suffered all this alone, and you didn’t tell me? You loved me all along, and you still gave me away like that? Did you think I was going to be okay having you suffer like this?”

You take a deep swallow and try to get out of the bed by the other side. Just when you’re almost out, Daehyun grabs you by your wrist and pulls you into his chest. He holds you tight as he caresses your messy hair.

“Pabo… Now I know why I wasn’t entirely happy with her. She was only a copy of you. No wonder things weren’t working out between Ji-Eun and I. Now I know…”

“I only did it so you would be happy. She was the only one who made you smile, I was never able to do that, I’ve been just your sister all along.”

“You’re wrong. I was only happy with what I thought she was.”

“Daehyun, you can make it work out, you can love her for who she is, and just forget about this…”

“I can’t forget this, I can’t forget you _______.”

He paused and continued:

“You should know that Ji-Eun and I divorced.”

You immediately pushed yourself away from him.

“No! You can’t just divorce because she’s different than what you thought! Not when I’m the cause of that! You can learn to love her just as she is, and she can make you happy once again… Just don’t split up like this…”

You felt guilty of what happened, what seemed to be a great plan at first didn’t turn out so well. You walked out of your room and into the kitchen. You rest your hands on the kitchen counter as you hold your tears. You felt Daehyun hug you from behind as he rested his chin on your shoulder.

“Don’t blame yourself _______. Ji-Eun cheated on me.”

He paused, but it seemed like he had more to say:

“You know… It always surprised me that she sounded like you; she thought like you… she acted like you. I was so stupid… Why didn’t I notice before? None of this would’ve happened if I’d open my eyes…

I’m sorry… I’m sorry for making you go through all this.”

You break your silence as you take his hands from your waist and turn to him.

“I never begged for your love… I just wanted just once, for you to look at me, notice me, and say that I was the one.”

Without a second to spare he answers:

“But you Are the one _______. I feel in love with you through those letters. I fell in love with her façade, with who she pretended to be… And that was You all along.”

“But I’ve always been just your sister ______. You can’t change that just like that.”

“But you’ve been more than a sister to me _______. You are my soul mate. I’ve always needed you, and I always wanted you by my side… And you’ve always been here for me, even when it meant unhappiness for you. How can I still see you as just a sister after all this ______? I can’t, and I don’t…”

He smiled and caressed your cheek with sweetness.

“You’ve made me smile all this time… Now is my turn to make you happy…”