Slip

Cloudless Sky

Cameras are flashing as renowned actor Shim Changmin makes his appearance for a press-conference in his movie “Drill”.  He dashingly strode his way to the table in his black Armani pair of formal clothes, with his inner collared long sleeve a couple of buttons opened revealing his mature stature.

Ever since his been a dashing young man but now he had grown more muscular despite him still remains on the lean side. He wore his hair short but primed to be pulled back, clearing fully his face with unwanted strands. One thing which remains is his youthful chocolate eyes. Even his smirks became more alluring leaving all the youthfulness of the past behind.

 He truly became a Casanova. He became confident in contrast of his used to be shy self. The absence of his hyungs made him stand on his own and no one could tell that man used to be the baby of a group. He walks with a poise of a model and even his small gestures of waving and smiling are all very profound for a very available bachelor like him.

All in all Changmin is the MAN.

But deep inside Changmin felt a little uneasy. It was like this years ago, with all the awkwardness in appearing in the public after DBSK officially broke up with the loss of Jaejoong. Now that the older man has came back and together with Yunho in the army at that would sure cause a lot of curiosity in the public.

All he can do is act comfortable as he sat behind the long table prepared for the interviews.  The interview went on until the expected question came “What do you think of Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong entering the army together? It we have been informed that they are in the same team in the training… What are your comments about it?”

‘Just as I thought…What do they want me to say, this will totally bring DBSK back? I don’t know if that is possible… but..’ Changmin smiles, hiding his resentments on the situation.

“I don’t really know what to expect but deep inside I really want all of us to reconcile”

‘Yeah, easily said..but it really depends … specially Yunho-hyung….Jaejoong-hyung, why did you even left after you got your independence from the company… You left us..’

 

……………………………….

 

An officer sent the trainees in their barracks. The military barracks is a dormitory like building painted in white. The red platoon is in perfect straight line as they are being taken from corridors to corridors until they reach a certain hallway on the second floor.

They are ushered to a door on the rights side with a red flag on the door. The officer opens the door revealing a large room with two rows of double size beds.

“Listen everybody; these will be your sleeping quarters. There are numbers on the headboard of each bunk so you sissy dare not to be choosy. Now scram, tomorrow would be your first day of training. You are expected to be on the field on 5 am”

The officer left the still adjusting trainees. Jaejoong is still staring at the place where the officer left when he heard the familiar voice of his co-DBSK member.

“You cannot runaway now like you always do” Yunho says mockingly as he arranges his bag on the locker beside his bunk which is situated below. Jaejoong on the other hand found his at the top just beside Yunho’s bed. Well at least he is not aligned to Yunho.

Jaejoong sighs and went to the locker beside 3 and 4 lockers, which has the 5 and 6 numbers. In this criterion, Jaejoong is none lucky, though to think of it this is so childish. He sighs as he places his military kit inside the locker. Yunho on the other hand is staring at him intently at the bottom bunk.

“And you are choosing to ignore me now?”

“I have no energy with this Yunho-ah”

“Yunho-ssi”

Jaejoong darts his attention to Yunho to greeted by a hard glare from the leader. He closes the green metal locker unceremoniously as he chose to ignore Yunho. He look takes off his jacket leaving him wearing only the wife beater and the fatigue bottom.

“Shh… you have gone AWOL after these years and here you are still coward to explain yourself”

“I don’t need to explain anything, Yunho-a-ssi” Jaejoong proceeds in taking off his boots which is very hard to do when Yunho’s sharp eyes is actually piercing him with a hard glare.

 ‘I can’t explain everything, especially when you are like this… and I was not the one who abandoned his friends’, Jaejoong added in his thought but he doesn’t have the courage to say that blatantly.

Jaejoong climb the top only to slip on the second step to the ladder. He unceremoniously landed his body on the hard cement. He winces in pain but more when he heard the hard mocking laugh from Yunho. This encourages some other trainees to laugh also.

Usually Yunho has been the one protecting Jaejoong like the good leader and friend that he is to Jae but that was long ago. Jaejong lifts himself again and hurriedly and successfully made his flight to the top bunk, ignoring the others as he motion to bury his head from the others and especially to the world.

He has been independent all this time after they broke up but the memory of Yunho’s gentle guidance brings the back the times when DBSK was still together. This really proves that he relies so much on the younger man. Now he has to remind himself to be strong again.

‘Come on Jaejoong, gather yourself together…’, Jaejoong tries to comfort himself.

 

……………………….

 

“What is that you are looking at?”, a lady with her perfect American accent says. She has a bubble gum long hair tied in a ponytail. She is in her corporate white pea coat over her knee length close skirt says. She is sitting just beside a good-looking Asian male who is busy surfing which appears to be a Korean news site.

“Nothing…”, he says in perfect English. The man smiles with his perfectly white teeth.

He is dashing under the morning sun with his now light brown short hair making his usual peaceful face very visible. You could easily tell that he is truly an Asian with his slightly accented eyes and high cheek bones common among Koreans.

“Really…” the girl took a glimpse on the picture on the laptop’s screen. “Isn’t that Jaejoong and Yunho?”

Of course she would recognize them easily, being an American fan of DBSK herself.

“Oh my Yoochun, what does the news says? Jaejoong is back in Korea, right?”

Yoochun chuckles. “You aren’t such a big Cassie, are you? But to tell you… they both entered the military”

“REALLY??!! YUNJAE!!!”, she literally squeals.

“Hey, stop this YunJae fangirling and elbows off my thighs… I can’t feel them anymore.”