Meeting

Cloudless Sky

CHAPTER 1

 

The night sky is clear. There are no clouds at all, making the stars very visible. It is beautiful on the view from the glass wall of the condominium’s bedroom. It held an amazing charm and elegance to it.

 

But this beauty is no compare to the owner of the sad eyes that is staring it behind the clear glass. The owner of these orbs has a very feminine face but posseses a very well defined masculine body. His hair is longish and stylish like of his youth as it reaches just above his shoulder. His pale skin glows even under the faint glow of the lamp on a small beside his king size bed.

 

His passive face is reflecting the glasses. He is thinking something deep that makes him even travel to pass memories.

 

He still remembers the time when he was a lot younger. He looks at the same sky full of dreams of the future. He still remembers his naïve self, grueling his time training and working at the same time, thinking that someday he would shine as bright as the stars he admires in clear skies like this. Now fame only left him a broken heart as it left a scar to a friendship which he had cultivate with certain people.

 

Jaejoong sighs as he left his position behind the glass wall and sat on a single couch on the corner of his bedroom. The television serves as ambient sound in his usually silent room.

 

The tension between North Korea is building up after years of cease fire with South Korea. Talks are being made…. On the entertainment news…former Dong Bang Shin Ki member Youngwoong Jaejoong is finally will be send off for military service. After some problems with his health status because of his injury, he is placed in the Grade 3 level of service. It’s been years since we heard something from the latter after the group’s break-up on early 2010.

At the same time, a former DBSK member also and now actor and model, U-Know Yunho is also entering military service with surprisingly same level with Youngwoong Jaejoong.

 

…………………………………….

 

The Nonsan national army training center is filled with young male Koreans with their mother. Many are crying, other’s even appears very comical. The arc gate of the training camp seems to be the end of each trainee’s lives.

 

But aside from the farewell parties in front of the camp is the band of press gathered around a certain personality. Of course, who wouldn’t miss having the last glimpse of the handsome Jung Yunho before he is being sent off to military training?

 

By now, Yunho has his hair cut semi-bald, making him no any less handsome. His prominent jaws are visible and his sharp features are showing without the obstructions of his usually longish strands. He looks very manly and very mature now. To add to that is his further improved body. After these years his used to be lean and toned body became bulkier but not too much. He also has a lovely sun kissed complexion making him glow in manliness. His physique is also very fitting in his military service.

 

He wore a simple white t-shirt, brown thermo-jacket and black pants and didn’t bring anything as the camp will provide everything from clothes to toiletries.

 

His mom is hugging him while his father is patting him on the back. The family is trying to ignore the flashing of cameras as they all treasure their moments with each other.

 

“Son make us proud”, his aged father says.

 

Even after all these years, Yunho somehow felt that he is still living under his father’s wing even he had himself a bachelor’s pad for himself. It left a restricting feeling in his heart. He respects the old man but after all this years he felt like an incompetent no able to handle himself well.

 

He bows at the press after his moment with parents. He could see a few Cassiopeans from the background. He is happy to see the banners that say “WE WILL WAIT FOR YUNHO OPPA” But along the lines he could also see a banner that says “WE WILL WAIT FOR JAEJOONG OPPA”, reminding him of possibility of seeing his ‘ex-friend’ and co-dbsk member in the camp. He somehow doesn’t want the feeling of seeing him again. It will be awkward.

 

With a final wave on the people behind he enters the gate of the camp. He was far when he heard a commotion on the gates. He turns his head back only to see a mob of people circling someone. Though he doesn’t see who they are circling to, one person crosses his mind – Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong has always been like this. He could easily grab the attention of people. Even when he was gone in the entertainment industry, he was still being sought after. People are asking where the oldest member has been to.

 

At least the people know that Changmin and Yunho continued their career in acting. Junsu continued his career in singing in Japan and became a Japanese citizen himself. Yoochun has been composing and producing but now an American citizen and only travels in Korea from time to time.  

 

Jaejoong, Jaejoong completely disappeared. Some say he’s still in Korea, some says he went outside Korea but it appears that he still withhold the Korean citizenship making him forced to enter the military.

 

……………………………………………..

 

Jaejoong is surprised to be met with a mob of people. He didn’t know that he would still attract this much of attention. Well, of course why not, he is after all the most popular member of DBSK.

 

He currently has a semi-bald hair beneath his black beanie. He has a simple black long sleeve reaching mid thigh and tight dark jeans. It’s been long since he has a camera directed to his face and he feels so uneasy with all the attention.

 

He tries to politely escape the crowd. He bows his head with his usual cold face and directly head to the entrance but the crowd is persistent and even asking questions like ‘where have you been all these years?’, ‘is it true that you are already married?’, ‘is it true that you tried to escape overseas?’. He tries to ignore these questions as he tries to walk away from the crowd. Good thing that the officers guarding the gates chose to interfere and help him escape.

 

“Aishh… these celebrities..”, he could hear some soldiers curse. Apparently they are not pro-celebrities. Well, he expects that he wouldn’t be treated any special than the others, but he hopes he wouldn’t be treated any lesser.  But there is a greater fear than that and that is meeting a certain someone.

 

……………………..

It was already mid afternoon. In a large dirt field there is a make-shift roofed stage made of wood and tent cover.

 

“Everybody gather!!!”

 

A man, around his 40’s, commands with authority. His skin is slightly darker and his face shows the signs of his getting old age, but he is quite very bulky and tall. He is wearing a military fatigue without the caps.

 

All the trainees head in front of the stage in no order at all. They are already wearing their fatigues and have their newly issued backpacks on their backs.

 

“I am Sergeant Kim Mor-Yeung, you are going to address me as Sergeant Kim. As you all know everybody are expected to train in the camp within five weeks. After that, you would be sent to your deployments. You will be separated in different platoons composed of twenty five members. You will share the same barracks with your platoon. One thing I hate most is sissy brats who are expecting special treatments. I do not tolerate special treatments at all. Is that clear?!!!”

 

Jaejoong could have sworn that the man is eyeing him down as he is situated just in front the man. But his spine shivers as the sergeant has another glint in his eyes. He had heard some mistreatments and even ‘other form’ of harassments in the camps. He hopes he is mistaken.

 

“Sir, yes, sir!” The crowd roar.

 

“Now!! There are numbers and colors inside your jackets. It would determine your platoon color and your number”, the sergeant turns his attention back to the soldiers.

 

Jaejoong opens his pocket to see a color red bandana. Is this a joke? Red really gives a lot of meanings in his life. His number is 5, another significant symbol. Jaejoong just grins at the coincidence.

 

“Everybody line up!!!!”

 

It was in no time that Jaejoong found his platoon line with other soldiers having their bandanas tied in their biceps. He thought everything would be fine until he found out who is soldier number four in the red platoon. Of course, it is no other than Jung Yunho.

 

Their eyes met with an awkward look in their face. It was another moment when Yunho’s face turn into a look of disgust. Jaejoong flinched at this. He chose to ignore the man and coldly make his way behind Yunho.

 

“Long time no see”, Yunho says passively.

 

Jaejoong settled with a “Uhn..”

 

 

........................

 

this is all for now....

 

PLEASE COMMENT...^^