05

Kris' Ideal Type : Machine?!

 

The most dreading day for students had come. It’s Monday - school had started once more time. I didn’t know whether I must feel happy or sad like other students. I was partly happy because I would be away from those annoying female customers that kept pestering themselves with the boys – or sad, knowing that it’s Monday already.

Monday meant bunches of homework, getting scolded by lecturers. I couldn’t ask more than that. However, above all of that, I at least could meet my female friend – Jian Mei.

“Chanmi-ah! Let’s have a girl’s day out,” she beamed as soon as she saw me. She had her arm around my neck – it’s automatically though.

I shrugged her arm off from my shoulder, “When? You know how busy am I,” I told her the fact – in cocky tone of course.

Jian Mei rolled her eyes, “Of course, you’re taking care of those handsome boys,” she scoffed.

I shrugged my shoulder and smirked, “It’s beyond my expectation that actually they give that bad boy vibe. I just change their hairstyle, dyed them, and…” I spread my arms widely and grinned, “Tadah!! They’re handsome like Ken, Barbie’s boyfriend.”

Jian Mei then grinned from ear to ear. Teasingly, she said, “And I wonder who will be their Barbie…” and then bumped her shoulder against mine.

I rolled my eyes and clucked my tongue, “You can take one of them.”

Jian Mei cooed, “What a great friend. You give me one and take the rest, right?” she wagged her fingers, “Greedy!”

“Take one of them so you won’t look like a ,” I stated in matter of fact.

Jian Mei then pouted, “I know, geez”. Then, she suddenly clapped her hands once, “Tomorrow, okay? Girl’s day out!”

I shrugged my shoulder, “Should check my schedule,” I said, sticking my tongue out.

Jian Mei then flicked my forehead, “I don’t care, I’m going to force you. And I’ll come to your auto shop today.”

“Pfftt…you want to check out the boys, right?” I smirked.

I caught it – the moment when Jian Mei’s eyes widened. Stutteringly, she said, “N-no!! Can’t I spend a quality time with my best friend?”

I grinned, “Today’s shift is Kris, Lay, and Chen….who is your Ken??” I cooed.

“S-stop it!!!” Jian Mei pouted. Little did she knew, her face was turning red slowly. I could only chuckle. Who’s the boy that Jian Mei like?

***

After school, Jian Mei really went to my auto shop. She sat behind my desk, together with me, of course. Both of us were watching the boys. Scratch that, actually Jian Mei kept talking about those annoying female customers.

“I don’t know why, those females keep coming here even though they know that the boys don’t like them at all,” Jian Mei muttered.

I shrugged, “This auto shop has a nickname ‘Flower Auto Shop’, just see those boys. Handsome, tall, have skills – in addition, sweaty handsome boys are somehow catchy.”

“I just don’t get it…and look at the girl that keeps talking to Kris! Doesn’t she know Kris’ ideal type?” Jian Mei hissed.

“Girls never give up,” I remarked, and then chuckled.

“Seriously?” Jian Mei asked, and then mumbled, “I’ve give up though.”

“What have you given up? Seriously, you never give up…it’s like giving up isn’t in your dictionary,” I snickered.

“Kris…you know, he’s so handsome,” she said, puffing her cheeks.

“Luhan is handsome too,” I added.

She propped herself with her elbow, still pouting she said, “Luhan gives this cute vibe, Kris gives more manly than cute vibe, my type.”

I nodded my head. I didn’t know why, it’s like my heart was pinched. It hurt a little and uncomfortable – knowing my best friend’s type was Kris. I didn’t know since when I felt this different toward Kris. Maybe from the night Kris said that machine was only the way he described his ideal type.

However, I decided to shrug it off and grinned from ear to ear, “So, you’re saying that you want to date Kris?”

The question caught her off guard. She immediately straightened herself and shook her head vigorously, “N-not like that!!”

I scoffed, “Liar.”

Seconds later, I saw Kris was walking toward us from my peripheral view. Of course, he came together with female customer beside him.

“Changing tire,” Kris said.

Like usual too, I said the price and the customer paid. Fortunately, she didn’t bother to flirt with Kris anymore. She only bowed and left after she got her change.

“Female customer that’s one of a kind,” I muttered loudly as I put the money into my desk.

Kris chuckled, “Right, she kept zipped as I kept working on her tire,” he said.

“Oh, there’s Jian Mei,” Kris noticed her – I thought he had seen her from the moment she’s here. But my thought was actually wrong.

Jian Mei awkwardly greeted Kris. Being a nice guy, Kris greeted her back.

“I must go first, another customer,” Kris excused himself. And with that, he left, taking care of his next customer.

After Kris was completely gone – taking care of the next customer and didn’t notice me and Jian Mei, I immediately bumped my shoulder against Jian Mei’s. Jian Mei turned her attention to me and I wriggled my eyebrows in teasing manner. Jian Mei could only scoff and preoccupying herself with her phone.

However, deep inside I knew myself very well – teasing manner was just a cover. Seriously, there’s something wrong with me lately.

***

 

SO!!! I've started a new story :) It's called "Just a Second Chance", featuring B.A.P's members