06

Kris' Ideal Type : Machine?!

 

 

It’s a girl’s day out today – one hour left. I sat on my place like usual – behind the desk, watching those customers, as usual too. I wore skinny jeans, simple shirt, hoodie, and sneakers. I didn’t look like a girl though – added with my sitting attitude.

I leant my back against the backrest of my chair, legs were on top of my desk – at least they didn’t kick anything on the desk. I seemed like a badass here. However, customers didn’t bother me though. They bothered the boys more than I. I was here as a decoration, if you should know.

“Boss, you’ll scare customers if you sit like that,” Kris told me as he sat right beside me. He drank a gulp of water and wiped off his sweat.

“Shouldn’t you taking care those costumers of yours?” I raised an eyebrow. “Go now before I cut off your salary,” I threatened.

Kris raised both of his hands, “Alright…”. He then grinned, sticking his tongue out, he said, “But I’m not as busy as Luhan though…”

I looked at Luhan who’s surrounded by some girls, I pitied him. He was struggling so hard – trying to finish repairing that car. However, it seemed like the girls disturbed him so much. From the first place, putting Luhan and Kris in the same shift was so wrong.

I stood up from my seat and rolled my hoodie’s sleeves up. The boys of course couldn’t play with the girls with their strength – they’re all boys with manners. That’s why, I must took care of this ‘little’ problem.

As soon as I arrived near the girls and Luhan, I cleared my throat loudly, trying to catch the girls’ attention. However, their attention was still on Luhan. Luhan seemed to notice my presence. He made a sad face and pout, mouthing ‘help me’ to me.

I cleared my throat louder – close to one of the girls’ ear to be exact.

“Oh, what the-“ she almost cursed, however her eyes shot widened as soon as she saw me. She gasped.

I glared her and the other girls, raising an eyebrow. “Don’t disturb my worker. They have much more jobs to do later,” I said.

Before I could turn around on my heels, one of the girls scoffed. “Look miss, these boys are all handsome. They could be models, but why they choose to work here? You’re playing tricks with them, right?!” she said, rather out loud.

“Should I kick your ?!” I shouted on her face. “Go now before I call police!!!”

“How dare you!!!” the girl pointed her point finger right in front of my face, before she attacked me.

She pulled my hair and I pulled hers too. Soon, we’re fighting like cats – scratching each other’s face with no mercy. No one could separate us. However, the winner was so clear.

***

The sudden fight before made some of the customers left. The auto shop was now empty, didn’t like other days. The one who’s working now was only Kris. Luhan and Lay were sitting beside me. Lay seemed quite comfortable, however Luhan and I were in awkward term.

“I’m sorry,” Luhan apologized suddenly.

I scoffed, “No need.”

“I’m really sorry,” Luhan said it once more time.

“It’s really okay,” I mumbled, facing Luhan now.

Luhan turned his face to me and let his eyes scanned my face. He brought up his hand and caressed my cheek, “Someone will hate me…for sure,” I heard he whispered, maybe to himself.

I raised an eyebrow, “Who?”

Before Luhan could answer, Kris came toward the desk with our last customer for that time. Luhan immediately pulled his hand away from my cheek and smiled sheepishly, while I took care of the customer.

“What are you doing?” Kris asked, frowning.

I was quite flabbergasted – I was taking care of customer, for god’s sake! I rolled my eyes, “Taking care of a customer, duh”. Why he must ask it again? Couldn’t he see it?

“No, I mean – your face,” Kris stutteres, awkwarldy pointing my face.

I frowned, “Nothing bad happened, right?” I asked and then turned to Luhan and Lay. Both of them gave me a disapproving look, Lay even rolled his eyes! He never did that to me.

“You should check yourself, Chanmi,” Lay said, pointing my face.

I pouted and checked my phone, “But it’s like 15 minutes before girl’s day with Jian Mei.”

“You’re not pretty with that face, in addition with that clothes,” Kris commented.

I groaned, “It’s my style!”

Kris grinned, “But at least, take care of your face, please?”

Still, I shook my head stubbornly. Now, Kris frowned. “Even a machine won’t look pretty if there’s a scratch,” he told me, before he left to take an ointment.

Didn’t forget too, I took a small mental note to write what Kris had said before.

***

So Kris had gone, searching ointment for little scratch on my face in my house. I didn’t really care – the scar actually looked good at me. Besides, it’s just a little tiny scar. Kris should be worry about the customer more than me – she looked more horrible.

“Spread it on your scar,” Kris said as he threw an ointment on the desk, then he coolly on my desk.

I took the ointment and opened the cap. But then, I realized that something had gone. I groaned, “Mirror, please. How can you expect me to spread the ointment correctly?”

Kris furrowed his eyebrows before he took the ointment from my hand and put some on his finger, before he spread the ointment. He then scurried closer to me and carefully spread the ointment on my scar.

“What a lovey dovey couple,” Lay suddenly snickered, teasing both me and Kris.

I didn’t know why, my heart started to beat faster – maybe because I was embarrassed. You know – workers never teased their boss right in front of their face, or maybe it’s just another lame reason.

Both I and Kris pulled away. Kris awkwardly closed the ointment and stood up from the desk. He scratched the nook of his head, staring me for a while before mumbling something like ‘repairing machine’.