04

Kris' Ideal Type : Machine?!

 

*Jin Min Shuo is Xiumin (Kim Minseok)’s Chinese name.

---

The night soon came – shift had changed. Chen, Lay, and Luhan were nowhere in my sight, I was only left with Tao, Xiumin, and Kris. Even though it’s already night, there were some customers, waiting for their vehicles. Those customers were Tao, Xiumin, or Kris’ fans.

I didn’t know why, I felt myself getting tired too early today. However, I kept my eyes were opened widely. I tried my best – like washing my face, playing games, or anything else that could make my eyes opened still.

Since I felt really tired, sometimes I gave wrong change to customers, or telling them the wrong price. In addition to my tiredness, I had my stomach kept making noises. I was hungry, I skipped my dinner since I didn’t have any appetite – thanks to my laziness.

When I wanted to eat, I went to the kitchen only to found that the dishes were already cleaned. Wrong timing – I was too late. Xiumin maybe already swept everything. That Bun, seriously!

“Jin Min Shuo*, seriously that kid,” I cursed under my breath. “Even though I said I didn’t want to eat, it doesn’t mean to sweep everything by himself…” I continued. I was hissing and talking unimportant things to myself as I made my own way behind my desk.

As I sat myself on my seat, with my back against the backrest, my stomach growled for the nth time. I groaned – quite loud, making the boys and some of the customers who were still waiting for their vehicles had their eyes on me. I just could smile sheepishly and muttered an inaudible ‘sorry’.

“Changed accumulator, boss,” Kris said to me, pointing the customer beside him with his thumb.

I squeezed my eyes and straightened my sitting posture. I told her the price and she paid, didn’t forget to flirting with Kris for a while too. I didn’t hear them since I was bearing with my now-aching-stomach. Guess what, I got a stomach ulcer.

Kris seemed to notice my pain. He pulled a chair beside me and sat on it. “What happened?” Kris asked me in concern.

“That damn Bun, he ate everything! Nothing left for me,” I whined, groaning, and then tried to relaxing my aching stomach again.

Kris chuckled, “Have you order something?” he asked.

I shook my head, “I think I will just have medicine. Can you take one? Inside the kitchen, please?”

Instead of standing up and went to the kitchen, Kris took out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

“Hello? Is this KFC? I want one portion of chickens,” Kris ordered.

“You don’t need!!!” I hissed in super soft voice, so the other line wouldn’t hear me.

Kris raised his hand – telling me to be quite as he told the other line the address of this auto shop. Once the call ended, I immediately hit his shoulder.

“Who will pay?! I don’t want to pay it,” I blew my bang, folding my arms in front of my chest.

“I will, boss’ healthy is the most important one,” Kris sweetly said, ruffling my hair a little.

I pushed his hand away, “Pfft, you want me to be healthy so I can fight those annoying customers of yours, right?”

Kris chuckled. Grinning from ear to ear, he answered, “Maybe yes, maybe I want to see you too.”

“Pfftt…aren’t you bored with this face?” I asked, pointing my own face.

Kris shook his head, “Boss is so cute,” he commented, pinching one of my cheek.

I swatted his hand away, “Just go!” I shouted – wrong move. I groaned - my stomach hurt more, made me must go into another round of relax mode.

“Boss, you shouldn’t be angry too much,” Kris smirked.

I scowled at him as I kept rubbing my stomach, “You talk too much.”

“Excuse me!” suddenly I heard a voice from outside the auto shop. I wanted to stand up, but I guessed it would make my stomach hurt more, so I decided to stay still until I felt more relax.

“Let me see who that is. Maybe it’s your food,” Kris said and then stood up, checking who that was.

He’s right – he came back with a plastic bag. That was my food! Kris really paid it for me. He put the plastic bag on my desk and I immediately took out a package of chickens.

“Boss, be healthy,” Kris said as he patted my stomach softly.

Silently, my heart was beating faster by Kris’ simple touch. I didn’t know why – no other boy except my father who had touched my stomach. A different feeling maybe? Or was it because Kris? Well, I didn’t really care though. The next sentence that Kris said to me was way more important.

“Even machine needs food - it needs oil. Your stomach is not even a machine,” he said. With that, he walked over to Tao and helped him with repairing the vehicles.

I was quite stunned – another hint was obtained. I didn’t know if he was giving another hint or what else – for me, it’s a hint.

As I ate my chicken, I opened my desk and took out the note that contained hints of Kris’ ideal type. I wrote down the hint that Kris told to me before and put the note back. After that, I just kept eating my chicken until I felt better. After all, Kris was the one who paid it for me.