You left me...

Four Leaf clover

IU's POV

After practice we were all heading back to our dorm with the exception of Yoona and Shinhye who had left to buy some snacks for Sulli's brother who was visiting her. 

Jiyeon had been more down lately than usual but I think it was just the stress that was getting to her. I tried to tickle her but she pushed me away. 

I pouted and she stuck her tongue out at me. There was a few seconds of silence then she sighed and turned to me. 

"Do you think I'm ugly?" she asked.

"What? No, how could anyone think that about my cute little jiyeonnie? Why? Did someone say you were ugly?" I asked.

"No. Then do you think I'm hard to be around?" she asked again.

"No, if you were hard to be around then you wouldn't be my best friend then would you?" I replied trying to cheer Jiyeon up.

"Then why?" Jiyeon asked.

"Why what?" I said.

Jiyeon sighed again, "Nevermind."

Now she was just making me curious. "Why? What is it? Tell me!" I pleaded.

Jiyeon observed me with mock seriousness "Can you keep a secret?"

"Yesssss!" I said.

Jiyeon leaned in closer and her breath tickled my ear.

Then she whispered, "It wouldn't be a sevret if I told you."

"Yah!" I shrieked hitting her on the arm and she jumped up and ran from me.

I caught Jiyeon and was trying to smother her with a cushion when Sulli came in with a cute looking boy with a baby face.

"Say hello unnies, this is my brother." she said with a big smile.

We all said hello and her brother greeted us back. He looked around the room as if searching for someone.

Just then we heard someone at the door and a few seconds later Yoona walked in followed by Shinhye.

"Hey guys I broug-" Shinhye started to say but stopped in her tracks.

She was staring in disbelief at Sulli brother.

"Shinhye!" he said with a big grin on his face.

"Hyunwoo?" Shinhye whispered.

What the hell was going on here? Did they know each other?

Shinhye's POV

I stared at Hyunwoo in disbelief. 

I stared at my best friend, the only friend that I had when I was a child. They best friend that had left me when I had needed him most. 

All the memories came flooding back when I saw him. All the memories that I had been trying to erase from my mind. To stop me feeling so hurt when HyunWoo had left me.

There was Hyunwoo giving me a plaster for my leg when I had been pushed off the swing when I was five.

There was Hyunwoo comfoting me when my dad had shouted at me and hit me when I was seven.

There was me and Hyunwoo sharing the same ice cream when we were ten. 

Hyunwoo staying with me and trying to protect me from my dad when he had come back drunk one night when I had been 13. 

Hyunwoo coming to collect me after school every day when we went to different high schools when I was 15 and last year, when Hyunwoo had left me. 

He hadn't even said goodbye. He had just disappeared one day. I had searched all night for him, went to all our favourite places but he was gone. 

He had left me when I had needed him. 

I felt tears sting my eyes and a lump starting to form in my throat. 

"Shinhye." Hyunwoo said again, his smile starting to falter.

I turned and ran. That's what I had done my whole life, ran from my dad, ran from bad memories.

As I ran I felt hurt and sadness pour over me but I could also feel a pit of anger boiling inside me. 

Why did you have to come back when I had been trying this hard to forget you?