His first day

A Musical Romance

 

At recess Jongsuk was taken by our home room teacher to discuss some issues. I didn't know what to do, it was a shock. I was extremely happy that I could now see Jongsuk more often. I wanted to see him so bad, to talk to him. Aish~ this was killing me. It was then that I noticed that the girls who had stayed back in the classroom were talking about Jongsuk. I couldn't help but listen into their conversation. According to them, Jongsuk couldn't apply to school earlier due to family circumstances. His father was on extremely bad terms with Jongsuk. However, the school had sided with Jongsuk. From the sounds of it, his father was very violent. I too was very curious, but knew that I shouldn't pry into his matters. No matter how tempting. ... No Woobin! Just stop thinking about it.
 
Finally Jongsuk had come back to the room and sat down in his seat. He giggled as he looked at my face.
 
'How do I look?' Jongsuk moved from side to side in his new uniform.
 
'You're beauti... uhh, smart. You look very smart. I think the vest looks good on you. Wh-what about me?' Jongsuk took his time to look over me. He seemed to be really thinking hard. He was about to answer when one of the girls in our class approached us. She quickly bent down and whispered in my ear, asking whether I could introduce her to Jongsuk. Like hell I would! I took hold of her collar and whispered back, 'You're being rude. Leave before I embarrass you.' She glared at me before leaving. I looked back at Jongsuk who was pouting.
 
'You look like a monkey!' He turned back to his desk and immersed himself into his books. Did he like her? How could he like her? Yeah, she was ... pretty, but ... Why?
 
I turned myself to look at Jongsuk and grabbed his shoulders so he would face me.
 
'Don't try to capture the hearts of all the girls in this class. You only need one good friend! I'll be here for you, so stay with me. Don't defy me! Number one rule that you must follow.' At that moment a piece of chalk was thrown across the classroom and had hit me in the head. I looked up to see that the teacher had entered the room and had seen me gripping the new student by the shoulders.
 
Jongsuk just laughed and placed his hand on top of my head. After ruffling my hair he told the teacher that he was so happy to have entered such a lively and warm class.
 
Class started yet again and I had to wait for lunch. Why was it so hard to spend some quality time with my new friend. So annoying. Even then, when lunch had started, Jongsuk had left his seat and exited the classroom. I followed him secretly trying to keep up. He was heading out of the classroom building and towards a few smaller buildings located on the other side of the school grounds. He seemed to know the school better than I did. He pulled out a set of keys with which he opened a door to what looked like an old music room. He entered the room and he sat at the piano.
 
'Oh~ did you follow me here Woobin? I didn't even notice!' Jongsuk said this in a nearly monotonous voice.
 
'Where did you get those keys from?'
 
'The teachers said that I could use this room whenever I wanted to as long as I don't  tell anyone!' He placed a finger to his lips and winked at me. What was this? Jongsuk had let me into this room even though he wasn't allowed to tell anyone about it.
 
'Play me something! I want to hear you play! Anything. What do you usually like to play? You always play the kids songs really well at the singing group classes. I want to hear more.'
 
With that Jongsuk put his fingers to the piano. He was looking at me. Slowly his gaze became distanced and he closed his eyes. It was then that I heard him play.
 
The most beautiful sound came out of the piano. It was kind of sad. Each note pulled at my chest. I loved it so much. I was extremely addicted to his sadder songs. When he played these songs, the expressions on his face made me loose all sense and just want to embrace him.
 
Once he had played a couple of songs he just sat there, gazing warmly at me.
 
'Why did you stop?'
 
'Your turn.' Jongsuk smiled brilliantly while patting the left side of the seat. I didn't know any piano nor did I know what to do. I got myself to the piano and sat just staring blankly back at him. He grabbed my hands placing them on the keys. His fingers seemed to explore mine for a while trying to relax and curve my fingers. We played together though most of the time I didn't know what I was doing. It was the most fun I had ever had in ages. It was a pity when the school bell had rung.
 
As we walked back I put an arm around Jongsuk. 'You'll play for me tomorrow right?' 
 
'Hmm.' I looked down at the boy. All of a sudden I became really nervous. I couldn't really move my arm away now! The skin of his neck was cold against my arm.  It felt kind of good on my arm. It was soft. Jongsuk noticed that I was looking at his neck. He quickly pulled himself away and started to rub his neck.
 
'Is there something on my neck?' His face looked so cute when he was worried.
 
'I wonder what kind of bug that is?' Jongsuk grabbed at my shirt and pulled himself up really close to me.
 
'Take it off. Now!' He was shaking his whole body trying to get this bug off of himself. I started to laugh. Aish~ this kid. Jongsuk hit me really hard in the stomach!
 
'Yah~ don't make your tutor angry! I'll be giving you extra homework!
 
'Yes Jongsuk!'
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hey everyone!
 
I'm back! Thank you so much for your patience. As a fellow reader I know that it is hard to wait for any fanfic with this wonderful OTP! I wanted to thank everyone! Especially to every single person who has subscribed! Thank you so much. It has given me confidence to be able to write this. :D
 
Please let me know what you think! I love your comments and hope that I can use them to improve. You guys are amazing :D