The day I saw you for the first time

A Musical Romance

Yoojung went on once more about her singing group classes. I had heard about every single member of the group and about both the teachers. I had even been told about how well the pianist played. But what good did it do to tell me when I had no interest. I kept telling my dongsaeng that but she never listened.

I play soccer and that’s my life. I don’t really need anything other than that. Of course, Yoojung keeps trying to bring me to her classes. That was totally not my thing. My voice was made for screaming team member’s names rather than pitching to certain sound like birds do. I just don’t give a damn.

Today was a horrible day for me. My homeroom teacher pulled me aside from class and told me that if my grades continued being as low as they have been, I would be pulled out of the soccer team. He believed that I had the ability to learn and get much higher grades. The problem was I just was too focused on soccer. This really pissed me off.

When I got home I vented to Yoojung about what had happened. Though she could be annoying, she immediately got on the phone. She chirped away to the other person on the phone and then quickly ran back to me.

‘Oppa, there is someone who can help you. He’s really smart and would love to help you free of charge.’

What was up with the kids these days? Wasn’t she younger than me? I didn’t need to be looked after by her. Regardless, she went to the effort to help me, so I felt obliged to just follow her lead. It turns out that I have a pretty caring younger sister.

That’s what I thought until she brought me straight to the doors of her singing group class. I glared at her sending her the What the hell are we doing here look. She just smiled and pulled me into the room. There were a few mothers sitting and watching their kids as the teachers prepared them for their class.

‘Once I’m done with the class I’ll introduce you to your tutor.’ She smiled and ran towards her group. Awkwardly I saw the waiting mothers eyeing me. It was so scary. Next thing I knew, I was made to sit with them as they played with my hair and rubbed my arms. I’m pretty darn sure this is what they call harassment.

The sweet young lady known as Teacher Jung started the class. Everyone seemed to like her as she just gave out this warm vibe. Teacher Kang was walking around making sure that the students were behaving and poking them if they were misbehaving.

‘Let’s start with a warm up. Jongsuk can you play us a few arpeggios?’, Teacher Jung looked over towards the piano.

A beautiful boy who sat at the piano lifted his long and delicate fingers to the keys. The boy had dark silky hair, his fringe curled to the right side of his face, his nose was sharp and his soft skin smooth and clear. There was practically an angel sitting at the piano. An angel who had me staring at him non-stop.