Yongguk's Story

Zelo's Bedtime Stories

 

      Yongguk was never good at telling stories. He figured this out when he sat beside Zelo on his bed, in absolute silence, with the boy staring at him with big eyes, waiting for him to speak.
 
     "So, uh. A bedtime story, eh?" Yongguk stalled, gazing around the small room as if ideas would appear from thin air. This was harder than he thought. He credited parents who could come up with stories for their children every single night. 
 
     "Yes, hyung, you've asked me that three times already," Zelo replied, snuggling into the covers that were wrapped around him more. 
 
     "Right, right..." Yongguk sighed. What kind of stories were there to tell? He could make one up, but that took too much imagination and energy. He could tell a story like Himchan's, but Yongguk didn't know anything similar to that. It left him with one other option.
 
     "Okay, uh, so. You like Goldilocks right? Yeah, okay," Yongguk awkwardly said, clearing his throat to begin. Zelo nodded, encouraging him on.  
 
     Yongguk hesitated before he started. It hit him how long it's actually been since he told a story. On second thought, has he ever? 
   
      "Uh, how does it begin again, Zelo?" Yongguk asked quietly, scratching the back of his head.
 
      "Once upon a time, hyung. It begins with once upon a time," he stated. Yongguk nodded, remembering all the stories he was introduced to as a kid. 
 
     "Do I really have to tell you a story? Can you just go to sleep?" Yongguk tried, running a hand through his hair tiredly.
 
      "No, I can't just sleep, I need a story," Zelo confirmed stubbornly.
 
      "Fine, uh..."
 
      Once upon a time there was a gir- I mean boy. He had curly blonde hair, and uhm. A blue dress on. His name was... Yongguk paused here, and thought for a moment. His name was Goldizelo. 
 
     "What. A dress, really? Couldn't you make me wear something really cool? Please, hyung? " The maknae whined, pouting annoyingly. 
 
     "Yeah, whatever, fine," Yongguk huffed. 
 
     "And Goldizelo is the dumbest name I've ever heard," Zelo added.
 
       Yongguk grumbled unheard words under his breath. Couldn't Daehyun or Youngjae have told him a story instead? Or even Jongup! This was going to be terrible.
 
     He wore some cool, hip clothes instead. They had lots of studs on them, and he was wearing a swaggy hat and even had a skateboard. His name still stayed Goldizelo, though.
 
     "Better?" Yongguk questioned sarcastically.
 
     "Better," Zelo confirmed, cautiously nodding his head once. 
 
     "Good."
 
     Goldizelo happened  to be minding his own business, walking through a forest. The forest was big, and filled with tall green trees, and bushes. Zelo strolled through the woods until he saw a tiny house in the distance. He picked up his pace and jogged until he could clearly see the building in front of him. He ran to it, excited to discover what was inside. 
 
     Yongguk gazed over at Zelo who was grinning widely. When he saw the leader looking at him, he nodded his head rapidly, motioning with his hands to continue. So he did. 
 
     Goldizelo was about to barge in, when he remembered his manners. The boy knocked on the door instead, and patiently waited. After a few minutes, when no one came to the door, he raised his hand and knocked a bit louder. Still, no one came to answer. He tried the door, however it was locked. With a sigh, Goldizelo walked to the side of the tiny house to an open window. He climbed inside, with a smile, dropping his skateboard to the ground. 
 
     Goldizelo noticed a small table in the kitchen he landed in, with three bowls of food in them, at each place. The boy noticed how hungry he was from his long walk in the forest, when his stomach growled rather loudly. He rubbed his tummy, and approached the food. He sat down at one place, and picked up a fork to try the waffles that sat in the bowl-
 
     "Yongguk hyung, in Goldilock, it's not waffles; it's porridge!" Zelo exclaimed, dramatically throwing his hands in the air, with a crazed look on his face.
 
     "Oh, okay. Whatever you say," Yongguk mumbled, and carried on, eager to finish his dumb tale.
 
     Goldizelo tried the first bowl of porridge. He was quick to spit it out on the table, leaving a mess. 
 
     "Ow, this porridge is too hot!" He cried, sticking out his burned tongue, panting. He moved onto the next bowl. He picked up the spoon beside that, and scooped up a bit of the food and stuck it into his mouth. He swallowed it bitterly, and stuck out his tongue in disgust.
 
     "Ew, this porridge is too hot!" Goldizelo-
 
      "Hyung, you mean it's too cold. You already said too hot," The maknae corrected blandly. 
 
      "Yes, whatever, I meant too cold," Yongguk replied, waving his hand in the air to dismiss the idea.
 
      "Ew, this porridge is too cold!" Goldizelo complained, throwing it to the floor. It splattered all over the ground, but the boy couldn't care one bit. He grabbed the final bowl of the breakfast left. He sampled this one, and smiled satisfied.
 
     "This porridge is just right!" The boy cheered, and he gobbled it all up. He was done the breakfast quickly, and with a small burp, he wiped his mouth with a napkin that sat unused on the table. 
 
     He decided he was tired, and wanted to rest. He lazily wondered into the living room, and came across three chairs. He sat in the first one, but frowned when he did.
 
     "This chair is too big," Goldizelo declared, and he stood up to try the next one. The next chair he sat in, he still frowned, even more frustrated and grumpy. All he did was want to sit, damn it! 
 
     "This chair is too freaking big as well," he grumbled, shoving the chair over in anger. It clattered to the ground loudly, but he couldn't care less. He went to the last chair, and sat down. He smiled this time.
 
     "Ah, finally a good chair-" Goldizelo was interrupted by a crack coming from beneath him. He swore- 
 
     "I don't swear," Zelo cut in bluntly. Yongguk gazed at him, clearly irritated, but he just let out a sigh.
 
     Fine, he didn't swear, but Goldizelo came crashing to the ground. The dumb chair had broke underneath him. 
 
     "Cheap crap," he muttered, kicking a chunk of the broken furniture when he stood up and brushed himself off. 
 
     "I don't say bad words, hyung. Crap is a bad word," Zelo interrupted once again. Was this how Himchan felt telling the maknae a story? Because Yongguk wanted to ring his neck, but he kept his hands to himself, fortunately. 
 
     "Well, you do in my story, alright?" He snapped. Zelo merely nodded his head silently, catching onto Yongguk's anger. 
 
     Goldizelo left the room and found himself in the bathroom. He wanted to brush his teeth since he just ate. He picked up the first toothbrush, a red one, from a cup that sat on the counter. He found some toothpaste- berry flavoured- in the drawer and squirted a generous amount onto the toothbrush. He drowned it in water, then stuck it in his mouth.
 
     "Yongguk hyung, that is absolutely disgusting first of all; using a stranger's toothbrush, especially a bear's. Second of all, I have no idea where you got that, it's not even in the actual story," Zelo explained, with a sick look on his face. Yongguk wasn't sure what to say, so he just agreed with him and went to the next part of the story he actually knew well enough.
 
     After a long day, all Goldizelo wanted to do was get a good sleep, so he found the bedroom with three beds placed in it. He jumped on the first bed, settling in to get a nice rest. However, of course the bed couldn't be right. It was too hard. He threw the covers off him, stood up and went to the second bed, and climbed in. He sunk right into the mattress; this bed was defiantly too fluffy and soft. He tossed the sheets that were on the bed to the ground and stomped on them with rage. After that, he moved on. Convienetly enough, the third bed he went in happened to be just right. He closed his eyes and went to sleep.
 
     Meanwhile, the bear family got back from their walk and boy, were they mad. They walked into the kitchen first. 
 
     "Someone was eating my porridge and spit it out all over the place!" The father Yongguk bear exclaimed, noticing his bowl.
 
     "Someone was eating my porridge, and threw it on the floor! I'm not freaking cleaning that up, damn it," the mother Himchan bear fumed, stomping her foot angrily for added effect. 
 
     "Someone was eating my porridge, and ate it all up! Thank God!" The child Jongup bear cried happily, but was silenced with a stern glare from both his parents. 
 
     They wandered into the living room, and their eyes popped out at the mess. 
 
      "Someone was sitting in my chair and the seat's warm. I hate it when the seat's warm!" The father bear grumbled, crossing his arms grumpily. 
 
      "Someone was sitting in my chair, and they threw it to the ground!" The mother bear yelled, placing her hands on her hips.
 
      "Whoever it was probably doesn't like you," The father quietly said. The mother shot him a pissed off look, which only made him smirk. 
 
     "Someone sat in my chair, and they broke it!" Jongup bear wailed, throwing his hands up into the air. Both the parents frowned.
 
     "I hated that chair, God must love me today!" He finished, with a grin. The parents were both mad this time, but said nothing. 
 
      The bear family made their way to the bedroom. Jongup was tired so he quickly slipped into his bed and closed his eyes, unaware of the Goldizelo beside him. 
 
      "Oh God, someone was in my bed and they messed it up. Do they know how long it took me to make that this morning?" Yongguk cried, angrily. He started to fuss over re making it.
 
   "Obviously, someone was in my bed, and they just had to throw my covers to the ground," Himchan sighed, "everything of mine end's up on the ground." 
 
      A high- pitched scream cut though the air, and the mother bear and father bear glanced over at Jongup, who was sitting straight up in his bed, fear dancing on his fuzzy face.
 
      "Someone was in my bed, and dear God, they're still here!" He screeched. Goldizelo's eyes shot open and he gazed up at the panicked bear looking down at him.
 
      "Bears don't talk!" Goldizelo screamed, horrified. He jumped out of bed and dashed to the window. Throwing it open, he leaped out without another word. Goldizelo was never to be seen by the family again. But Yongguk did notice his toothbrush was used, and he was pissed. The end.
 
      Zelo blinked a few times, considering the whole story.
 
      "You're a bad story teller. Better than Himchan hyung, but still bad," he concluded. 
 
       "What!" Yongguk screeched, eyes wide with fury, "I stayed here and spent my time telling you a well thought out story, and you don't even like it? I could have been doing other things!"
 
      Zelo shrugged, "Can you get Daehyun or Youngjae hyung?"
 
       "Yes, gladly!" Yongguk spat, happy that the other two members could have the chance to endure this form of torture. 
 
      Yongguk stepped out into the hall, and back where the other members were. When he entered the room, everyone looked up from their previous actions, all except Jongup who continued sleeping. 
 
       "I assume Zelo didn't like your story?" Himchan teased, glancing back down at his newspaper.
 
       "No, he didn't! That kid!" Yongguk complained, going back to the place he was sitting before, and picked up the magazine that he left on the seat. He sat down, and opened it.
 
       "Is he at least asleep?" Daehyun asked Yongguk.
 
      Yongguk shook his head, "No. In fact, he wants you to tell a story to him now. Either you or Youngjae."
 
      Daehyun look exasperated, but he stood anyways, probably since he was bored out of his mind. He gazed at Youngjae who still sat, smiling dumbly at his electronic. Daehyun grabbed Youngjae's wrist and pulled him up and along with him.
 
     "Hey, I was doing something!" Youngjae protested, dropping his game boy. Daehyun didn't seem to care, as he dragged the boy to Zelo's room.
 
     "Good luck!" Yongguk called after them, smirking. 
 
 
--------------------
 
 
      Hi, everyone! I hoped you enjoyed the second chapter. To be honest, it was up way faster than I thought it would be. Anyways, please praise me with nice comments. c:  See, comments do make me update quicker?
 
     Alright, bye for now! <3