Himchan's Story

Zelo's Bedtime Stories

 

   
 
     Everything was silent and peaceful in B.A.P's dorm, aside from the excused flipping of pages, quiet murmurs, and soft snores and occasionally murmuring of Jongup who fell asleep on one of the of the couches almost on top of Youngjae and Daehyun. Youngjae was grinning widely at the screen of his childish gameboy, while Daehyun looked down at the device looking quite unamused. Yongguk sat on one of the small chairs placed in the living room, concentrating on reading a magazine of some sort, while Himchan sat on a stool in the kitchen, busying himself reading a newspaper. Zelo was sound asleep in his room; or so everyone thought. 
 
     Unnoticed feet padded down the hall, towards all the members, with a goal in mind. Unlucky for Himchan, he was the first one spotted; the first victim. 
 
      It was too late to make an escape by the time the tall boy was noticed, and Himchan made a big mistake by letting Zelo know his presence was acknowledged, glancing up to see the grinning boy approaching. Everyone knew not to answer or regard Zelo, or else. Your best bet is to let the maknae whine himself to boredom, and move onto the next hyung. However, Himchan was never the best at this game. 
 
      "Himchan hyung~" Zelo whined aloud, his bottom lip jutted out in a ignored pout. Himchan was quick to look back down at the news paper tightly clutched in his hands, pretending not to hear him, secretly hoping that the maknae would give up and head back to bed.
 
      "Himchan hyung~" Zelo repeated, a little louder and more irritating. Himchan clenched his jaw firmly, holding back words he desperately wanted to snap at the maknae. 
 
     " Himchan hyung~"He once again cried, driving Himchan off the edge. Himchan snapped his head to Zelo, trying to control his anger that boiled inside him. 
 
     He let out a long, irritated sigh, "what do you want, Zelo?"
 
      Zelo's face brightened up in an obvious overjoyed grin, and he let out a tiny giggle, before replying, "can you tell me a bedtime story?"
 
     Himchan's face was nothing short of 'are you freaking kidding me?' Outraged thoughts crowded the eldest's mind, and he began to imagine what would happen if he reached out and wrapped his fingers around the boy's slim neck,  strangling the life from the blonde and blue haired male. Or perhaps somehow found a large frying pan, and hit the boy upside the head with it. More scenarios filled Himchan's mind, and a grin began to appear on his face at all the ridiculous hopes. 
 
     "So is that a yes, hyung?" Zelo cheerful questioned. Himchan was abruptly awoken from his malicious thoughts, and a frown settled back on his face, as he racked his mind for a way to gently refuse. 
 
      However,  he was too slow, as Zelo had already answered for him, and confirmed this by letting out a gleeful cry.
 
     " Yay~ c'mon hyung, follow me." He grabbed Himchan's hand from his lap, and tugged on it as he attempted to lead him down the hall to his room. 
 
     "B-but Zelo-" Himchan sputtered, hysterical for something to say.
    
      "No buts, hyung!" He giggled, pulling on his arm harder to get him up.
 
      Himchan reluctantly let himself get dragged off, but not before shooting a frenzied look over his shoulder, at the rest of the members behind him on the couches. They grinned smugly back at him, thanking the heavens it wasn't them whom Zelo approached.
 
 
-------------------------- 
 
 
      Himchan sat on the edge of Zelo's bed, with the younger boy staring expectantly at him. His glare made the older male a tiny bit nervous, and he uncomfortably shifted his position. 
 
      Silence hung in the air, as the eldest boy racked his mind for ideas. The room was lit by the light pouring in from the slightly ajar door, and the light of the moon, coming through the window, and the curtains on either side blew gently in the breeze streaming in. 
 
      Himchan saw Zelo open his mouth to encourage him on, but he merely hushed him. 
 
     "Yes, yes, I'm thinking of something." Zelo closed his mouth again. 
 
     Himchan let out a frustrated huff of breath, when an idea hit him abruptly. Gazing over at Zelo for a quick moment to see if he was paying attention, he began his story.
 
     "Once upon a time-" 
 
      "Hyung, all stories begin with once upon a time, can you be a bit more creative?" Zelo cut the older off, earning an irritated glare. 
 
      "Do you want a story or not?"
 
      "Yes, sorry, I do. Go on." 
 
     "Alright, as I was saying..."
 
     Himchan was planning to tell an ancient story, which he knew quite well; Romeo and Juliet. Why not put a little twist to it, switch the characters? Zelo most likely did not know of the tale, so with a sly smirk Himchan begun...
 
     Once upon a time there was a great land, with two grand noble families inhabiting it, along with many other citizens, and a grand ruler.
 
     The servants of the two noble families broke out in yet another brawl along the streets of the land. You see, they didn't get along quite well. Daehyun, a kinsman of one of the loyal families, tried to break up the commotion. He retreated quickly though when Jongup, a man known to be quite violent and full of rage, made appearance. To halt the violence between the two families, the ruler of the land placed a law punishable by death if anyone dared to disturb the peace. 
 
      Himchan paused for a moment, and glanced over at the boy, who seemed to be quite interested and intrigued. His dark brown eyes were open wide, and trained on him. Himchan shifted, and continued, even taking on a false deep voice to narrate his tale. 
 
     One of the families, the Bang's, had a son named Yongguk. Yongguk grew up, and soon fell in love. Himchan sneered a bit at this part and scoffed. 
 
     With a beautiful woman. Unfortunely for him, she had no interest. 
 
     "Hyung, when am I going to be in this?" Zelo interrupted once again. Himchan didn't bother to answer and carried on. 
 
      Zelo, a cousin of Yongguk and close friend, managed to convince him to move on and search for a new love. Conveniently, the opportunity arose at a feast held by the Kim family. Many people of the land would be there, so Zelo thought Yongguk could find a new beloved one there. However, the only reason Yongguk agreed to go was because that woman that he claimed to love would be attending as well. Daehyun, a member of the Bang family, and Zelo accompanied Yongguk as they went to this feast, however Yongguk soon spotted someone he defiantly liked better than that dumb girl. Someone smarter, hotter, and more gorgeous overall. He knew it was love at first sight. 
 
     "Let me guess, that's going to be you, isn't it hyung?" The maknae deemed, with a grin on his face. Himchan waved his hand as an answer, rolling his eyes. 
 
      That boy's name was Himchan, the son of the other noble family, the Kim's. Did I mention he was smoking hot? Yes, so anyways. 
 
     Meanwhile, another man wanted Himchan's hand in marriage. Hell, everyone did, who wouldn't? Himchan's parents agreed with the choice, but asked the man to wait a few years until Himchan should be at the right age to be married. The man attended the party, so Himchan could see if he could possibly love this man in the future. However he never ever ended up loving that person, and Yongguk carried him off to a road of never ending love and so on. Himchan added the last part in a rushed whisper, his face covered with a smirk. Zelo glared at him blankly, but Himchan moved his gaze away, and his smile faded slightly. With a gruff sigh, the story went on.
 
     Jongup, the young Kim, spotted the three boys among the other guests in the large, impressive room the feast was held in. Disgusted and enraged that they would dare show themselves at the house of the Kim's, he went to show them a piece of his mind, his face red with fury. Fortunately, he was held back. 
 
     In the mean time, Youngguk managed to slip some time to converse with his new beloved one; Himchan. They seemed to find an attraction to each other, and even sealed it with a kiss, not even knowing each others identities. Soon enough, Yongguk learned from a man, Youngjae, Himchan's nurse and closest companion, that he indeed was the son of the Kim's. Yongguk was distressed! How could he possibly carry a romantic relationship with his family's enemy? Himchan soon was told this too, and he was equally upset. 
 
     "Eww, Himchan hyung, you kissed Yongguk!" Zelo exclaimed, sticking his tongue out in false disgust, and giggling. Himchan was really getting fed up with all the younger boy's responses, but he in a breath of it and let it out slowly. He regretted choosing a long story to tell. 
 
     However, Yongguk couldn't resist not seeing the other male again; he couldn't imagine leaving behind the true wonder. While Daehyun and Zelo were leaving, he quickly leaped over the orchard wall in the grand garden. He spotted Himchan by the balcony above him, behind the glass doors that led inside. He finally got the boy's attention, and Himchan stepped out into the night, peering down at the Bang. 
 
      Himchan got a little too carried away, reciting the famous lines Romeo and Juliet exchanged. He remembered how much he wanted the part of Romeo, or even Juliet in his highschool play; he went as far as memorizing every single word in the whole play's script, yet he never got a role. Unless you would count working backstage, helping the actor's out of their costumes. He shivered at the memory. 
 
      Clearing his throat to help rid of the awkward atmosphere, Himchan pressed on.
 
      Yongguk promised to return, and left. He hurried to confide in his friend, a friar, who agreed to secretly marry the two lovers. He saw the chance of ending the long time feud between the two royal families. And with that, they were married the next day. Youngjae decided to even provide a ladder so Yongguk could escape to Himchan's room for their wedding night, and you know what that means, right Zelo? 
 
      Zelo's eyes widened a bit, and Himchan merely smiled back smugly. 
 
       The next morning, Jongup was still in fury that a Bang would show up in the Kim's presence, so he challenged Youngguk to a duel. Yongguk pleaded desperately  to hold it off, but Daehyun agreed to the challenge himself. Youngguk tried to protect his friend, but Daehyun was kil- I mean he ran away never to be seen again. 'That sounded better than brutally killed, right?' Himchan thought. He nodded his head slightly as if to agree with himself. 
 
      In rage, Yongguk sent Jongup away, and he was never seen again either. Yongguk was then banished from the land, and had to leave for disrupting the peace. In the mean while, Himchan had discovered this and was utterly distraught with what Yongguk had done to Jongup, a family member of his. However, he quickly recovered knowing he belonged with his true love. They spent the night together, - Himchan coughed, "and got it on."- and bid farewell, not knowing when they would meet again.
 
       Himchan was soon told by his father that he intended to marry him to the man who wanted to be his husband in three days. This left Himchan desperate for a way to solve the problem, so he confided in Youngjae. But Youngjae was no help, for he told him to simply marry the other man instead, and forget about Yongguk. Himchan was horrified, and disgusted that his best friend would turn against his love. He then scurried to seek advice from the friar that married the two, and he suggested that that night he shall drink a potion that could make him appear dead. The family would proceed to bury him but the friarshall retrieve him when he woke up, and he and Youngguk can live together at last. 
 
     Himchan paused for a moment, thinking of the next part that was quite the opposite from happy. Oh, to the hell with it, he figured.
 
       The plan went accordingly, however the message the friar sent never reached Yongguk. He only heard his love was dead. Yongguk could not bear to carry on, so he traveled to Himchan's crypt where he appeared dead, and killed himself with a poison, beside his body. Himchan awoke at last and was horrified to find his true love lifeless beside him, and he knew he could not bear to go on either. He kissed his poisoned lips, but it did not work, so he killed himself with an alternative way, taking his own life to be with Yongguk at last. 
 
       Himchan quickly said the whole last part, watching Zelo's eyes widen with horror.
 
      "That was a terrible ending! I wasn't even in most of it, and It wasn't happy at all!" The maknae screeched, making Himchan wince.
 
      "You never said it was supposed to be happy,"Himchan gruffly protested.
 
      "All bedtime stories are supposed to be happy!" The youngest whined, pouting, "Go get Yongguk hyung; he can tell me a good story."
 
      "Fine, you stay here, he'll be right there," Himchan huffed, standing up and making his way out of the room. Perhaps that wasn't a good story to tell. Whatever, he liked it.
 
      Himchan was so wrapped up with his thoughts, he ran right into someone in the hallway, and bounced back. 
 
       "Y-Yongguk! What are you doing here?" Himchan stammered, realizing who it was. His heart raced and he began to sweat. Did he hear his story? He was standing right there!
 
      "Oh, nothing," Yongguk said, with a smirk creeping up on his face. Himchan let out a sigh of relief. Thank God.
 
     "I was just listening to that story of yours. Too bad they died, eh?"
 
      Himchan hesitated, deciding between playing along or sticking around to say some important things. He chose the first option.
 
      "Y- yeah, it really was too bad. Zelo wants you, I'm going to go see what the other guys are up to!" Himchan quickly sputtered, and took off down the hall. 
 
                                                                                         ---------------------------------------
 
 
   That's the first chapter, I hope everyone enjoyed! I know this story is tagged as comedy, yet this wasn't that funny at all. I'll try to make the next update a bit more entertaining and longer.
 
      Feel free to drop a comment, or subscribe if you haven't already! Comments make me update faster. c: 
 
                  Thanks, till' next time!