Screen Nine

Movie's Over

JY's father sat in his office, staring at Zico's personal information. He couldn't get the fact that Taewoon was Zico's brother out of his mind. His daughter was dating the brother of a ruthless gangster. He had to make JY leave Zico somehow. He knew from the beginning that Zico was not good enough for JY. Only Myungsoo was good enough but somehow, JY didn't see that.

He heard JY's voice as she came in the front door. She must be home from her date with Zico. JY's father got up and straightened his suit, going out. He hated it when Zico came to pick JY up for their date. He hated it even more after knowing who Zico's brother was. 

"Joo Yong, we need to talk."

JY looked at her father. The smile from her date disappeared as soon as she heard her father call her by her name. There were only two occasions in which her father would call her by her name: if she was in trouble or if he had something serious to tell her. The last time he called her by name, it was to tell her about her mother so JY didn't have a good feeling about the situation at all.

"Ne, Appa?"

"I'm going to be straightforward and tell you this: I want you to leave that boy."

"What?"

"Leave that boy. Break up with him and never see him again."

"Appa, we've been through this before, I thought you accepted Oppa?"

JY's father didn't want to tell her the real reason why he wanted her to leave Zico; the less she knew, the better for her. "I never accepted him. He's not good enough for you, Joo Yong. I stand by my choice and I would like you to marry Myungsoo in the future. He's the obvious choice as a husband for you."

"I don't get what your problem is, Appa. Myungsoo-oppa is nothing more than a brother to me. We don't match at all as a couple. Zico-oppa is different, he understands me and he does everything I want to do. He protects me and lets me have fun at the same time. I want to be with Zico-oppa."

"If you insist on being with him, I will pull you out of school and move away so you never see him again."

"Appa, you're being unreasonable!"

"I will be unreasonable until you leave that boy!"

"Well then I'm leaving now!" 

JY opened the door and slammed it, leaving the house. She heard her father shouting after her but JY never turned her head once. She was fuming about what he said and didn't understand what his problem was at all. He was fine with Zico at the dinner party and suddenly, he wanted her to leave Zico. 

After walking onto the streets for about half an hour, JY realised that she was starting to get hungry and tired. Her father would expect her to go to Zelo so JY decided against calling Zelo and staying at his house. Her only other option was Zico. She called him, sitting on a bench and tapped her foot.

"Miss me already?"

"Oppa..."

"Is something wrong?"

"I had a fight with Appa...Can you come and get me? I'm near the Hello Kitty café in Hongdae."

"Are you okay, Princess? I'm coming right now so stay there."

"Oppa...can you stay on the phone with me?

"Of course."

Within fifteen minutes, Zico arrived at the bench that JY was still sitting on. He hung up the phone and ran over to her. JY got up as soon as she saw him and ran into his arms, hugging him tightly.

"What's going on?"

"Appa wants me to leave you..."

"What? He said that?"

"He keeps saying that he wants me to be with Myungsoo-oppa. Since he was being so unreasonable, I ran off. I can't go to Jun Honggie's house because Appa will be expecting me there."

"You can stay with me," Zico smiled and kissed her nose. "That's even better, isn't it? We get to see each other every day now."

~~~

It had been a few days since JY had run away from home. She had turned her phone off so her father couldn't look for her and she made sure that she arrived in school early and left early so there was no chance of her father catching her.

"Shouldn't you be going home sometime soon?" Zelo asked, walking with JY. "Your father keeps calling my house. My mother is starting to think that I'm secretly hiding you in my room."

"I'll go home when he drops the idea of me leaving Zico-oppa. Don't worry, Appa won't do anything to you since I'm not at your house at all."

"I still think you should go home."

"Are you saying I should break up with Zico-oppa?"

"I'm not saying that, just...never mind. Speaking of your boyfriend, isn't he picking you up today?"

Indeed, Zico was nowhere to be seen. JY called him and stepped away from Zelo, waiting for Zico to answer. He didn't answer the first call and let the phone ring for a while before picking up the second time she called. 

"Op-"

"I'm busy right now, Princess, I'll call you later."

"But Op-"

Zico hung up on JY and she stared at her phone. Zelo asked if she wanted him to stay with him but JY said no. If she stayed any longer with Zelo near their school, her father would find her and drag her home. Instead, she walked back to Zico's apartment by herself only to find that she didn't have his key and Zico didn't keep a spare anywhere.

She sat outside the apartment, waiting for Zico to call her back. She stared at her phone the entire time, sending telepathetical messages to Zico so that he would call her but her phone never rang once.

One hour passed.

Two hours passed.

By the third hour, JY's stomach started growling and she sighed. She couldn't wait for Zico anymore and went to have dinner by herself. However, she didn't know the area at all so she ended up going into a small restaurant nearby and had a simple dinner. While having her dinner, she tried calling Zico again but he didn't answer.

Instead of sitting in front of his apartment waiting for Zico to return, JY walked around the area to pass the time. There wasn't much to do but it was a lot better than sitting and waiting for Zico.

Until it began to rain.

JY didn't have an umbrella with her and there wasn't shelter anywhere near her for her to hide from the rain so JY ran back to Zico's apartment instead. By the time she was standing outside his apartment, she was soaked to the bones and was shivering from the cold.

"Ah...stupid rain..."

JY sat up straight when she heard Zico's voice and looked down the stairs, waiting for him to appear. Zico turned the corner and walked up the stairs, looking at JY who stared back at him.

"Princess? Why are you all wet?" he asked, running up to her. "Why didn't you just go in?"

"Because someone said he would pick me up today but didn't and I didn't have the keys so I sat here waiting for three hours. I got hungry and went to get dinner and on my way home, it rained. I ran back and have been waiting since."

"Why didn't you call me?"

"Check your phone."

Zico checked his phone and cursed softly under his breath. He remembered that after he had hung up on JY, Zico had put his phone on silent so he didn't know that she had been trying to call him the entire time.

"Let's get you inside first." He quickly opened the door and pulled JY in. He went to get a towel for her and JY dried her hair, sniffing softly. "I'm so sorry, Princess."

"Where were you? Why weren't you picking up your phone?"

"It was on silent so I didn't know you called, I'm so sorry."

"Where were you? Why did you have to put your phone on silent? Were you with another girl?"

"Another girl? What are you talking about? Where did you get that idea?"

"What else could it be then?! You forgot about me the entire day!" JY sneezed and sneezed again. "I'm going to take a shower now!"

She stormed off angrily and went to take a shower. Zico stared after JY and groaned, scratching his head. He was in deep trouble, especially since JY was suspecting that he was cheating. Zico wasn't cheating, he was just working hard at the studio. However, JY wouldn't believe him now that she was so angry.

After she came out from the shower, JY headed into Zico's room and came out with a pillow and a duvet. She put the pillow and duvet on the sofa and Zico frowned. "You're not sleeping on the sofa, are you?"

"I'm not but you are," she said. 

JY went back into his room and closed the door. Zico stared at the sofa and sighed. "I deserve this..."

~~~

Zico felt a poke on his arm and he frowned in his sleep. He stirred and turned, facing the back of the sofa. He felt another poke, this time, on his back. He ignored it, thinking that it was just his imagination. However, the more Zico ignored it, the more pokes he felt on his back. Annoyed, Zico flipped over and opened his eyes.

JY was sitting on the floor next to the sofa with her duvet wrapped around her body. "What's going on?" Zico asked, sitting up on the sofa. There was a storm going on outside so Zico naturally thought it was the storm that scared her. "Is it the storm? It's nothing, Princess."

"It's not the storm...I had a nightmare..."

Zico wanted to laugh but seeing how scared JY was, he decided against it. He found her extremely adorable for some reason but at the same time, vulnerable. "What was the nightmare about?"

"You...you were cheating and you didn't want to be with me anymore. I had to check that you're still here after the nightmare."

"I'll always be here," Zico informed her, her cheek gently. "Go back to sleep."

"I can't. Sleep with me. I want you next to me so I know you're not out there cheating on me."

Zico chuckled and nodded, getting up from the sofa. He grabbed his pillow and took JY's hand. She gripped his hand tightly and stood up, holding onto her duvet and they made their way to his room. JY climbed into bed and Zico placed his pillow in position, lying down. JY threw the duvet over their bodies and cuddled up to Zico, wrapping her arms around him.

"Princess, I'm a guy, I have a lot of hormones running around inside me. If you do things like this, it's unfair to me because I can't do things that I want to do to you."

"What things?"

Zico cleared his throat and stared at the ceiling. "It's better if you don't know. Goodnight, Princess."

"I love you, Woo Jiho."

"You're calling me by my name."

"Can I call you by your name?"

"You have special permission to."

"I love you, Jiho."

"I love you too, Princess."

"So...what are the things you want to do?"

"Goodnight, Princess."