Screen Eight

Movie's Over

JY banged her head on her desk, looking up at her laptop and staring at the screen before going back to banging her head on the desk. She was experiencing her worst nightmare...composition. 

Zelo was of no help to her because he was worrying about his own composition. JY stared at the laptop blankly, her mind wandering off to other things instead of focusing on her homework. Her phone buzzed and she groaned. She was sure that she put down an order for everyone not to bother her while she was concentrating on her composition.

I know I shouldn't be bothering you but I miss you. Look out your window.

JY got up from her desk, going over to her window and opened it. Zico stood below the window, looking up at her and smiled. "Hey Princess," he grinned. "How's the homework coming?"

"Really bad...I can't compose to save my life."

"Composition? Can I come up? I can help you."

JY pointed to the piping outside the house and Zico started climbing it, getting in through her window. He stretched and walked over to the laptop, sitting down and looked at JY's composition.

"Where is your homework?"

"That's my homework."

"But this is an empty score."

JY laughed sheepishly and shrugged, pulling another chair next to Zico and sat down. "It's been empty for the last...three hours I've been working on it for..."

Zico looked at her with disbelief and stretched his arms, getting ready for work. He read through the criteria her teacher gave her before working on the composition. In less than half an hour, Zico came up with a decent composition for JY. It wasn't so good that it looked like a professional wrote it but it was good enough as homework for JY.

"Oppa...where did you learn to compose?"

"Oh, did I not tell you what I do for a living?"

Now that JY thought about it, she barely knew anything about Zico. Nor did he know a lot about her. She shook her head and Zico ruffled her hair.

"I produce music, underground music. Have I not shown you my mixtapes?" JY shook her head again. "Ah, that's on the agenda then, isn't it? I need to show you the studio and what I do. Maybe you'll fall in love with me more."

"In your dreams."

~~~

Zico kicked the door open and walked in with JY, covering her eyes with his hands. He told everyone else to be quiet as he directed JY into the studio. "Ready?" he asked. JY nodded and Zico slowly put his hands down, letting her see the studio. "Tadah! This is where I work!"

JY looked around the studio and grinned, going over to the desk where the computer was. She sat in the chair and looked at the screen. JY had no idea what anything meant on the screen and it looked really difficult to understand. Zico made her stand up, sitting in the chair himself and clicked away at the computer.

"Listen to this."

Zico pressed play and JY listened to the mixtape carefully.

"Is this Oppa?" she asked and smiled brightly. "Oppa's so good."

"You think so?"

"Oppa, how do you do all these things? It looks so hard..."

"It's really easy, actually. Maybe I'll teach you next time."

JY clicked play on the computer again, bobbing her head to the rhythm of the song.

"Princess!" JY turned her head, looking at the door where Kyung walked in. "It's Zico's princess! How do you like the studio?"

"It's awesome!"

"Has Zico shown you anything?"

"We listened to one of his mixtapes."

"And you didn't show her any of mine? Look, listen to this."

"Yah, don't touch my computer!"

Zico tried to stop Kyung from touching his things but Kyung reached for the mouse and started clicking away. Zico shouted at him, saying that he better be careful because some of his work was not saved. Kyung brought up his folder and clicked on a mixtape of his, playing it for JY.

"Oppa, why didn't you tell me before that you do cool things like this? I could have asked you to do my composition homework ages ago."

"Composition? You asked Zico to do your composition homework? Ah...you should have asked me instead!"

"How are you better than me? Can you please go away and leave us alone?"

"Oh...I get it...getting naughty at your workplace," Kyung winked at them and smirked. "Have fun then, kids. I'll pretend I don't know anything."

Kyung closed the door behind him and JY blushed. Zico threw some paper after Kyung, sighing softly and shaking his head. They sat in silence for a while, not looking at each other either.

"So...you wanna try recording?" Zico eventually asked.

"Recording?"

"Yeah. It's just a bit of fun," Zico smiled. "You pick any song you want and I'll record it for you."

~~~

JY's father walked out from a restaurant, shaking hands with his new client. Their deal had just been sealed and the contract signed. They went their separate ways and that was when JY's father spotted Zico.

Across the street, Zico was with a very familiar face. It was none other than Taewoon, the leader of the gang Speed. Taewoon had his arm around Zico's shoulders and it looked like they were really close. JY's father frowned at the sight, asking him PA to research Taewoon and Zico and to find out the relationship between them.

That night, in his office, JY's father stared at the document given to him earlier that day. Taewoon was exactly what JY's father expected him to be; ruthless leader of Speed, notorious drug dealer, a dangerous person to be around. Zico, however, was not what he expected him to be; brother of Woo Taewoon, high school dropout, currently working as an underground artist. There was no evidence of Zico participating in any of the gang business, but neither was there evidence of him not participating.

~~~

"How has my little brother been?" Taewoon asked, petting Zico on the shoulder.

Zico looked at Speed's members standing around them while Taewoon and Zico were sat down at the table. Zico felt that it was a little over the top since they were out in public, in a restaurant just to have dinner but Taewoon had always been the flashy type.

"Hyung, is this all really necessary?"

"You don't like it? Wait outside for us," Taewoon ordered. 

The waitress came over after Taewoon pressed the table bell and took their order. Everyone in the restaurant knew who Taewoon was and nobody dared to move a muscle or say a word.

"I heard you got yourself a girlfriend."

"You were spying on me again?"

"I wasn't spying. I was...caring," Taewoon explained. "My members saw you with a girl the other day and told me. That wasn't spying."

"Is he not the guy you ordered to spy on me?"

"How else am I supposed to know what's going on with your life, Jiho? You don't call or visit. I'm your brother."

"I appreciate your love and care, Hyung, but there really is no need for you to spy on me like that. A simple call will do just fine."

"So who's this girl?"

Zico didn't particularly want to mention JY at all. Taewoon was a part of his life that Zico didn't want people to know about. Of all his friends, only Kyung knew his relationship with Taewoon and no one else. Zico wanted to keep it that way as well. His previous relationships hadn't end well after his girlfriends found out about Taewoon. They either left Zico because they feared for their and their family's lives or they left him for Taewoon. Zico didn't want JY to be one of those girls.

"No one in particular."

"Jiho, you know I can find out anything I want, right? Just one phone call and I can know the entire medical history of this mysterious girl."

"Why are you being like this, Hyung? Can't I have my own privacy?"

"I want to know if she's the right one for you. My little brother only deserves the best."

"Her name is Lee Joo Yong," Zico sighed. Sooner or later, he would have to give in anyway. "This is her." Zico searched through his phone and showed JY's picture to Taewoon. "She goes to SAT and her father's rich."

"Wow, Jiho...well done, you. Now I know whom not to kidnap from SAT," Taewoon joked.

Zico shot him a look and Taewoon stopped, handing his phone back. "Don't joke about such things," Zico warned, putting his phone away. "I don't want you anywhere near Joo Yong. I really like her and I would like this relationship to last."

"I'll just secretly send some of my members to protect her," Taewoon nodded.

"Hyung..."

"Fine, I'll leave you to protect your own princess. But really...SAT girl? I'm proud of you, little brother."


Zi: Why are you acting all shy?

JY: I'm not acting shy at all.

Zi: Yes you are! Your face is all red!

Z: It's because Speed's Taewoon-hyung is here.

TW: Annyeong.

JY: That's not why I'm blushing.

Zi: Why are you blushing?

JY: Because Woo Taewoon-oppa is here!

Taewoon laughed, petting Zico's shoulder.

Zi: This is what I married into?

TW: My sister-in-law is falling for me. Should I be glad or afraid for my life?

Z: I think JJ's doing it on purpose to make Zico-hyung angry.

JY: Taewoon-oppa is the best! Taewoon-oppa is the best! Taewoon-oppa is so handsome!

TW: Let's have a ranking competition. We're all rappers, right? JY-sshi, who do you think is the best rapper?

JY: Taewoon-oppa! Then it's Jello then it's me. Last is Zico-oppa.

Zi: Yah!

Z: Who's the best looking?

JY: Taewoon-oppa! Then it's Jello, me, and last is Zico-oppa!

Z: Who would you rather marry, Taewoon-hyung or Zico-hyung?

JY: Taewoon-oppa!

Zi: Then let's get a divorce! I'm out of here!

TW: My little brother is very short-tempered. He's also a little jealous green monster.

JY: Kitty, I was just kidding. Taewoon-oppa is a very good rapper but I like Kitty's rapping better. I won't marry anyone else but Kitty. I love you, Kitty.

Z: Ah...this is getting too lovey-dovey, I'm out of here.

TW: Listen to your wife, brother. I'm out.

JY: I love Kitty! Bye bye~