Screen Ten

Movie's Over

Zico tapped his foot on the floor, looking at the clock on the wall in front of him. He was in the open office of JY's father's company, sitting outside his room. Zico had been sent a message from JY's father telling him to meet him at his company without telling JY. Zico was now nervous as hell because he had no idea what was going on and JY's father was scary.

He suddenly remembered that JY had run away from home and was now living with him. Zico cringed, hiding his face in his palms. Her father was going to kill him, Zico was sure. JY was still underage and although they had never done anything inappropriate, her father must have thought that Zico had done something to her. And the fact that JY didn't pick up any calls from her father would only anger the man more.

Zico prepared an entire speech in his mind, ready to use it as a defence speech. If nothing worked, he would offer to take JY home. As much as he hated to be apart from her, JY had to go home to her father someday. Zico could always wait until she was of age before they were together again.

When JY's father entered the office, Zico got up quickly on his feet as the man walked past. JY's father paused for a moment, looking at Zico before entering his room and Zico walked in after him, closing the door. He walked over to his desk and sat in the chair but as soon as JY's father shot him a look, Zico shot onto his feet.

"Sorry, sir. Good afternoon, sir."

JY's father sat in his chair and nodded to Zico, indicating that he could sit. Zico took his seat and moved in the chair uncomfortably before sitting with his back straight, his hands on his knees.

"I won't cut corners with you. I'm sure you already have an idea as to why you're here."

"I am so sorry, sir. I didn't know that Prin--I mean, Jooyong would run away and come to my place. I tried to convince her to go home but Jooyong refused. I didn't tell her to do any of this and I certainly did not kidnap your daughter, sir."

"Don't call me sir," the man frowned. "And I think I know my daughter better than you do. I know that she ran away just to rebel against me. What I'm here to talk about, is this." 

A folder was placed on the desk and Zico picked it up. He opened it and the first page shocked him already. It was his entire profile. When he turned the page, he was even more shocked; it was Taewoon's profile. "Sir..."

"I don't need to hear it from you. What I want to say to you is, please leave my daughter. For your sake, your brother's sake and for her safety. I am willing to offer you any amount of money as long as you leave her. I want you to leave as soon as possible."

"Sir, you don't understand. My brother and I aren't-"

"Your brother is a notorious gangster. I don't think there's anyone in Seoul who doesn't know who he is. If I were to tell the police about his little brother, what do you think they would do? I want you to consider my offer. You have a week to decide what to do."

~~~

I want you to consider my offer.

You have a week to decide  what to do.

I want you to leave as soon as possible.

Zico sighed, looking up at the sky. The weather matched his feelings: dark and gloomy with gray clouds. JY's father's words kept playing over and over in his head as Zico walked down the street. Since he couldn't get through to JY, her father decided to make Zico leave her instead. He even used Taewoon against him.

Not even the police, who couldn't do anything about Taewoon, knew about Zico. 

Zico's phone started ringing, bringing him back to reality. "Jiho-ah, where are you?"

"Where am I? I'm out in Hongdae."

"Come home quick! I want to go on a date!"

After saying that he was on his way, Zico hung up his phone. There was no way he was going to break up with JY; nothing in this world would change his mind.

When he got home, JY pushed Zico into his room, telling him to get changed as quickly as he could. She refused to tell him what they were doing and when he finished changing, she took his hand, leading the way. They took the train but JY still refused to tell him where they were going until they literally arrived in front of Lotte World.

"A date in Lotte World?"

"You don't like Lotte World?"

"No...But why Lotte World?"

"Everyone comes here with their boyfriends on a date. I wanted to try it once. It sounds like a lot of fun," JY smiled.

Zico nodded, gripping her hand tightly and they went in. They bought their tickets but before they went in, JY insisted on buying the cute and fun headbands they had. She chose one for Zico and ZIco chose one for her. Zico ended up wearing one with a bow to the side like Hello Kitty's and JY wore one with cat ears sticking out at the top.

"If you wear mine as well, you will be Hello Kitty," Zico smirked, going to take his headband off. 

"Oh, that is not an excuse for you to take yours off," JY smirked back, pushing his hand away from the headband. "Come on, the queues will be long if we stand here any longer."

They entered the park and were trying to decide where they were going when they were approached by someone. "Hello, little brother," Taewoon smiled. ZIco narrowed his eyes at Taewoon. "Don't worry, I'm not spying on you. I'm actually here to have some fun."

"Little brother? Oh, you're Jiho's older brother?" JY asked, looking at Zico for an explanation. "But he looks like Kyung..."

"Oh Kyung! I remember Kyung! Jiho-ah, when are you going to invite your friends to dinner with me? I'd like to catch up with Kyung. So, are you going to introduce me, little brother?"

"Jooyong, Taewoon. Taewoon, Jooyong. Now leave."

"Hang on," Taewoon smirked, smiling at Jooyong. "Jooyong, is it? It's nice to meet you," he said, taking JY's hand and shook it.

Taewoon suddenly pulled Joo yong into his arms and smirked at Zico. Even before his little brother could respond, Taewoon disappeared into the crowd with JY. Zico frowned, running after them but he lost them fairly quickly. 

~~~

JY stared at Taewoon who sat across the table from her. He didn't look one bit like Zico nor were they alike in any other ways. JY dug her spoon into her ice cream and stared at the strawberry scoop that Taewoon got her. He was very much a manly man who liked being in control of everything. He didn't even ask JY if she wanted ice cream before he bought her one.

Taewoon looked at JY when he felt her staring and JY quickly looked away. He smirked softly and took the ice cream from her. "Do you not like this? What girl doesn't like strawberry ice cream? A girl who likes Jiho, I suppose."

"Are you really Jiho's brother?"

Taewoon threw his wallet to JY and she caught it...barely. She opened the wallet and saw a picture on the inside. "That's me," he pointed to the boy on the left. "And that's Jiho."

JY definitely saw the resemblance between the brothers when they were younger and she could tell that it was Taewoon and Zico in the picture. She handed the wallet back to Taewoon who was now enjoying the strawberry ice cream. "Jiho never told me about you."

"Jiho doesn't like to admit that I'm his older brother," Taewoon shrugged. "He doesn't like it either when I tell people that I'm his older brother. I really wanted to meet you though, the girl Jiho's in love with."

"Did Jiho talk about me a lot?"

"I don't get to see him often. I know about you but never heard anything from him because he's a little piece of . He doesn't come home or even visit so I always have to look for him myself."

JY was starting to understand why Zico didn't like Taewoon much. He wasn't the nicest person in the world but he was definitely the nosiest person in the world. Not to mention how full of himself he was and how he loved control so much.

"I have to go to the bathroom."

"Go then," Taewoon frowned, pointing in the direction of the bathroom. "I'll be waiting here."

Zico had been looking for Taewoon and JY the entire time. He had been running around the park and he was definitely not enjoying this date. He hated Taewoon for ruining everything. When ZIco finally spotted Taewoon sitting at a table, eating ice cream leisurely, he went up to his older brother angrily and grabbed his shirt.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"Er...I've been eating ice cream here the entire time."

"Where's Jooyong?!"

"Relax, she's in the toilet."

Zico relaxed a little and glared at Taewoon, sitting down opposite his brother. Taewoon smirked, putting a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth, staring back at Zico. Zico looked down at his phone every so often impatiently, checking the time. He had sat down for ten minutes now but JY still hadn't come back.

"Are you sure she's in the toilet?"

"She said she was going. Relax a little, little brother. We'll get a girl to check for us."

Zico got up, approaching a random girl, scaring the hell out of her. He showed her a picture of JY, asking if she could go into the girl's bathroom to see if she was okay. It took a while to convince the girl that Zico wasn't a crazy stalker and the girl finally agreed. She came out a minute later, shaking her head.

"She's not in there?"

"No, I checked all the stalls."

"Okay, thank you," Zico nodded. 

As soon as the girl was gone, Zico grabbed Taewoon's shirt. 

"Where is she?!"

"I don't know! She said she was going to the toilet, how am I suppose to know what she's doing in there?"

"You were supposed to take care of her if you were going to kidnap her from me!" Taewoon's phone buzzed and in the middle of being interrogated by Zico, he pulled his phone out. "Concentrate! My girlfriend's missing!"

"Oh...she's not," Taewoon said, looking at his phone. "A message just came in. She's with a friend of mine."

"Why is she with a friend of yours?"

"He thought she was my girlfriend and kidnapped her to give me a scare."

"Why are you friends with such people?!"

Taewoon made Zico let go of him and led the way, going to where his friend told him he was with JY. When they arrived, JY rushed into Zico's arms, hugging him tightly. Zico hugged her back, burying his face in her hair.

"Thank god you're okay..."

"She's not your girlfriend?" the friend asked. Taewoon shook his head, shrugging. "Oh well...my bad."

"I want to go home..." JY pouted, looking at Zico. "Can we please go home now?"

Zico nodded, her hair and glared at Taewoon. "Thanks for nothing, Hyung. You always manage to ruin something for me." With that, Zico took JY's hand, leading her away from Taewoon and his friend.

Taewoon stared after Zico and sighed, shaking his head. "Hey, I'm sorry, Taewoon."

"It's okay, he was pissed with me anyway."


JY: Why do we always have to film in Lotte World?

Zi: Because Lotte World is fun!

JY: I never get to have fun because I never get to go on the rides.

Zi: Well, I had fun on the ride with your double.

JY: I can't go on the ride so we need a double for me to go on a date with Jiho. How unlucky am I?! Someone else has to be me to go on a date with my boyfriend.

Zi: You're complaining? I have to go on the ride and watch you flirt with my brother.

JY: Taewoon-oppa is filming with us today! Yay!

TW: Are you talking about me?

JY: Taewoon-oppa!

TW: Hey. What are you guys talking about?

Zi: How JY can't go on rides so a double has to go on a date with me instead.

TW: Oh, but I thought you were having fun talking to me.

JY: I was. It was better than going on the rides. 

Zi: Please stop flirting with my wife.

TW: Not my fault I'm more charming than you.