Chapter 22

Step Siblings

* I'm not ready..*  You mentally thought. You looked worried, you didn't know what to do. " Mi Rae.. Calm down you'll be fine." You heard Zelo's voice comforting you as he rubbed your back.

 

" Yeah Mi Rae. You're tough.." Jee Sun spoke as she gave you a hug. The whole table gave you support, instead of Yongguk and Ae-cha. All of a sudden you heard Yongguk sigh loudly. " What is it Yongguk?" Himchan asked. " Haha. Don't tell me you're nervous too?" Jongup questioned Yongguk. " I'm not nervous at all! I'm brave and confident unlike this girl.." Yongguk brutally said, making you to feel worse. You looked at Yongguk with sad eyes then looked away. * Why is he being so mean to me today...Anyways he's always mean.* You mentally sighed as you started to doze off.

 

" Yongguk...Mi Rae is your new sister.. Why are you being so cruel?" Zelo questioned Yongguk. " Yah.. Who side are you on!?" Yongguk angrily roared. " Obviously..not yours.." Zelo answered making Yongguk mouth to drop.

 

" Oh ..Oh.. This isn't good.." Jongup whispered to Himchan.

 

" No kidding, they are best friends. If they argue like this it'll be bad..." Himchan replied back.

 

" I know...remember that time they argued. It took us months to get those two back together." Jongup spoke. Of course they couldn't whisper, so you heard the whole conversation. In fact the whole table did.

 

* I hope I'm not the reason they will stop being friends..* You mentally worried as you watched them argue.

 

" So..You known me for your whole life, and you are just going to choose a girl you just met over me?" Yongguk angrily argued as Zelo argued back. " I'm not picking anyone over you, I'm just on justice side." Zelo roared.

 

" Oh right now..I'm not justice?" Yongguk complained making Zelo to sigh and roll his eyes. You then put your hand on Zelo's shoulders and began to comfort him. " Please, there is no reason for you guys to argue and ruin your friendship.." You begged, as you heard Ae-Cha her teeth. " You know what..Mi Rae.. shutup...It's all your fault that Yongguk and Zelo is argueing....I told you to leave the table but you don't want to listen huh!?" Ae-cha brutally roared.

 

* She's right... Now Yongguk is going to hate me for butchering his friendship with Zelo...but doesn't he hate me already." Thoughts ran through your head. 

 

"Come on Ae-cha don't talk like that.. You know Yongguk is just stubborn.." Youngjae calmly spoke then took a sip of his drink. "Stubborn!" Yongguk and Ae-cha yelled in unison  as they both stood up angrily and banged their hands on the table at the same time.

 

" Yes.." The whole table sighed. " Even you Ae-cha..it's true you have changed in appearance and your personality too." Zelo honestly spoke. Ae-cha eyes started to wide up, as she eyed Zelo and her teeth. "Don't worry Ae-cha..Zelo is just acting like a kid." Yongguk spoke as he eyed each and everyone.

 

" Since ladies are the people who always goes first, this time we'll let gentlemen go first. Can we please have the best man come up and say his speech." The wedding planner spoke, as the crowd laugh at his mini joke. Yongguk sighed. " Wish me good luck." He numbered as he got his paper all ready.

 

Everybody started clapping, Ae-cha was clapping obnoxiously loud causing a scene. " WOO! Go Yongguk" Ae-cha cheered. You then sighed, since you knew that you would be going after Yongguk. You felt someone rubbing  your back gently, then someone whispered in your ear which was Zelo. " Don't worry. Just be better than Yongguk."

 

What Zelo whispered made you to chuckle, Jee Sun saw Zelo whispering in your ear which made her furious. * What a friend* Jee Sun mentally said among herself as she looked away, giving all her attention to Yongguk.

 

" Hello. Everyone. I'm Yongguk if you don't know." He spoke on the microphone, as everybody laugh. " I am also the best man." People start to chuckle again. Yongguk took a deep breathe in and out. " Here I go.."

 

He then took his paper out and read everything from word to word on it.

 

" When my mother told me she was getting married, believe me I wasn't too happy with it. Of course it broke my heart, it felt like she fell in love with another man and forgot all about my dad. She then gave me another news saying that we were moving in. It shocked me. I just acted like I cared but I did.. I-I Um.. Sorry... I wasn't ready for this at al-l." Yongguk began to struggle with his speech. He was trying to read the words off his paper, but he was having some struggles with it.

 

You got your paper out, seeing if you got everything covered. Then out of no where Zelo grabbed your paper with the speech on it from your hands. " You don't need this, just say what's from the heart.." Zelo encouraged you. * Say what's from the heart? HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO DO THAT!!* You mentally roared. A part of you thought Zelo was right, and the other part of you thought he was crazy. You looked at Zelo where you guys eyes met, Zelo then quickly looked away. You saw that he had turned red a little bit but you thought it was just your imagination.

 

" See Mi Rae..You don't want to be like Yongguk on stage. I know he poured his heart and soul into the paper, but when he is reading it off the paper it's not as passionate as the speech he wrote down...so think about it." Zelo whispered as he smiled at you and put all his attention back on Yongguk. You just gazed at Zelo as you began to think and think. * He's right..Everything is right about him..* You mentally thought. 

 

Yongguk was finally done and it was your turn. " Thank you." Yongguk bowed as everybody began to clap for him. He walked off stage, then the wedding planner called you up. You stood up, before you could get on stage you heard Zelo whisper your name. " Mi Rae.."  You looked back seeing Zelo trying to hand you the paper. You took it from is hands then tore it up. " I don't need it. Here..You keep it for me Zelo." You whispered back, as Zelo smiled at you. You then bowed and mouthed 'Thank you' to him. 'No prob.' He mouthed back. " Ha! Let me see you do better than Yongguk!" Ae-Cha brutally spoke as you went up on stage.

 

" Hello everyone. Many of you guys just know me as the Maid of honor. Well my name is Park Mi Rae. I'm the groom's biological daughter, and the bride's step daughter. Of course I was shocked and upset hearing that my daddy was getting married to a woman I didn't know at all. I thought my dad had forgotten all  about me and also my mother. I did throw some fits, I agree I acted like a brat. But...everything happens for a reason. When my dad told me that my step brother and mother were moving in I was like " Dang! So Fast!" ~ People chuckled as you said that.~ I then realized that it's reality now. It's not a nightmare, it's not a dream. Forgive, but I was rude to Mrs.Bang or I guess she's Mrs.Park now. ~ People began to laugh as you laughed with them~ I acted like she was a monster and she was bothering me, when it was just the other way round. I was just pushing her away. Also, I was rude to my brother Yongguk."

 

Yongguk eyes began to wide up when he heard you mention his name, also it shoked him that you stated him as a brother. *Aish.. She's not even using a paper or note cards* Yongguk jealously thought.

 

" I and Yongguk fight like cats and dogs. I think it'll just stay like that. But for my new mother and my father, I'm willing to keep our differences aside. The reason why I acted like a brat for so long was because of the death of my m..other ~ As you began  to talk about your mother you began to cry through your words.~ She was young yet died because she had cancer. I love her so much. But, this speech isn't about my life..it's about those lovely couple over there. ~ You said as you pointed at the newly weds, as everybody turned and faced them as they clapped.~ I love them both dearly. I wish you guys the best. And guys believe it or not....today was the day that I realized that my new mother is not a bad person. She's actually cool. Ahem.. cooler than my dad. ~ You quickly said that comment as people began to laugh and you heard your dad pout " Hey!"~ So welcome to the family...mom." You finished your speech as people stood up, cheered and clapped for you. Some people were even brought to tears.

 

" Now that was good." Daehyun spoke as Yongguk his teeth. You bowed, got off stage then walked back to your table as you wiped your tears off your face. "Good job." You heard Yongguk's voice speak so low as he looked away from you with his arms crossed. For some reason you were happy he actually said something nice to you. So you began to squeal. " Thanks Yongguk!" 

 

" Yeah Mi Rae, you did great.." Zelo spoke as he smiled a you. Yongguk looked at you and Zelo laughing with each other. The look in his eyes were something you had never seen before. You then looked at Yongguk where you guys eyes met. You guys just gazed and slightly glared at each other. "What's the matter Yongguk?" Ae-cha suddenly spoke, tapping Yongguk shoulder causing the the gazing to stop. " Oh..Oh.. Nothing..." He stuttered through his words. 

 

* Why were those two staring at each other. I hope nothing is going on. I guess I have to make Yongguk my boyfriend in order to separte them apart from each other...* Ae-cha evilly thought as she glared at you. You knew she was staring at you, you just didn't know what to do, so you stared back. ' Watch your back.' She mouthed to you. You tried to mouth back but you heard Zelo's voice. " Ae-cha why won't you say that louder." Zelo spoke causing Ae-cha to be mad and embarrassed. "Zelo we were best friends when we were younger, now you are suddenly taking this outcast on your side." Ae-cha angrily spoke. *Outcast?* Yongguk mentally thought as he looked over to you. He saw that you were a bit upset. He was about to stand up for you, but Zelo took over, causing Yongguk to not say a single word. " Outcast! If anything you are the outcast in my life. You have changed, your not the Ae-cha I knew before." Zelo honestly spoke as Jee Sun added on. " You are a rotten egg, you think your cute, well your not at all. You are just jealous of Mi Rae..Admit it." 

 

Ae-cha's eyes suddenly widen. She stood up angrily getting ready to scream, but didn't when she heard the wedding planner speak on the microphone. 

 

" Okay everybody, we are going to let the newly weds do their special slow dance, then the DJ will change the music to something fun, that's when everybody will jump in!" The wedding planner excitedly cheered as everybody squealed. 

 

Your dad and your mom did their slow dance. The DJ started to play songs like B1A4-Baby goodnight, or songs like BigBang- Bad boy, Fantastic baby. People started to jump in. " Hey I like this song." Jongup happily said, as he danced in his seat. "Mi Rae lets-" Jongup tried to ask you to dance but he saw a scary look in Zelo's eyes. " I mea-an Jee Sun! Jee Sun! Lets dance." He suddenly changed his statement and forcefully took Jee Sun's hand then went off to the dance floor. " HeHe..Okayyy.." Jee Sun giggled as you gave her a wink. " Aw.. Jongup ditched me. He was my dancing buddy." Himchan pouted with aeygo eyes. Making you to giggle."Daehyun! come onnn...Lets party!" Himchan squealed. "No." Daehyun sighed, giving Himchan a straight answer as he face palmed himself. " Come ON!" Himchan whined as he took Daehyun's hand, forcing him to get up. " Aish!!! Himchan.." Daehyun pouted.  There were no one left at the table but you, Zelo, Yongguk, Youngjae, and Ae-cha. 

 

" Well I'm out of here... Daehyun probably needs my help, Himchan is a handful." Youngjae spoke as he left the table. The table was awkward, no one said a word it was silent. You wanted to dance, but you saw how much fun Jee Sun was having with Jongup so you didn't want to interrupt. Jee Sun and Jongup were goofing around, it was amusing to you so you chuckled to yourself. You just sat there watching them. * She's probably bored...She's watching people dance. I want to ask her, but I don't why I can't.* Zelo mentally thought as he gazed at you. Suddenly, you sighed. * I want to dance!* You pouted. You did want to dance, but you were afraid to go up there alone. " Mi Rae?" You heard Zelo voice, you faced him and answered quickly with a smile on your face. " Yes!" 

 

" Do......you ...wanna.. dance? He stumbled through his words, you giggled and happily said yes. "Great!" Zelo squealed as he gently collide his fingers with yours. Causing your heart...to race. Your face turned 2 shades of red and Zelo noticed it. " Haha. Are you ok?" Zelo asked, you nodded your head yes with a smile on your face. 

 

"UGH!" Ae-cha made an annoying noise, but Yongguk ignored it, giving all his attention to the people whose dancing. *Tch. He didn't hear me.* Ae-cha angrily sighed. "UGH!" Ignored.

 

" UGH!"  Ignored.

 

" Ugh" Still. Ignored.

 

"Ugh!" 

 

"WHAT!" Yongguk annoyingly yelled. " I just feel like dancing..that's all." Ae-cha answered as she twisted her hair. " Aish..Would you love to dance..." Yongguk painfully asked. " Yes!" She annoyingly squealed as Yongguk and herself went on the dance floor.

 

" Hey Yongguk you came to dance with us!" Jongup squealed. All nine of you guys were with your dancing partner in a circle. Jongup and Jee Sun were dancing crazy which made people to laugh. Zelo was giving you spins, you two were holding hands dancing goofy as well, which made you and Zelo to chuckle. Ae-cha was dancing like she was all that. Yongguk looked like he didn't want to be here. "Come on Yongguk shake your body." Ae-cha spoke. Your eyes drew to where they were. You saw them dancing, they looked like they were having fun. All of a sudden you sighed, and couldn't tear your eyes away from them. 

 

* What's the matter with Mi Rae? I hope she's al-* Zelo suddenly stopped his thoughts when he figured out that you were gazing at Yongguk dancing with Ae-cha. * Wh-hy? Why does she have a sad look on her face....* Zelo mentally thought as he tapped your shoulders, which made you to jump. " What's the matter?" Zelo asked. " Oh..Oh..Nothing." You shyly answered as you scratched the back of your neck. "Okay then. Lets dance..." Zelo said as he spun you around making you to giggle. Yongguk saw you laughing and having fun with Zelo. * Wow..those two got along real quick. She's lucky she gets to have fun with her bias.* Yongguk mentally thought as his little cousins came up to him. " Hey..Yongguk l can we dance.." Hyori the shy five year old asked sheepishly. " Sure, why not." Yongguk laughed, as he danced with each and everyone of his little cousins. As Ae-cha stood there laughing and saying " Aw". They left and ran around the party playing tag with the rest of other little kids. " Haha. They are so cute." Ae-cha spoke with a smile on her face. " Yeah...I know." Yongguk answered as he continued to dance with Ae-cha. 

 

After so many fun and crazy dances, there were a slow dance. " May I have this dance." Zelo joked as he bowed throwing his hand at you waiting for you to take it. You took it with a giggle, but stole a quick glance at Yongguk. * I'll love to slow dance with Yongguk* You mentally thought. You randomly hit your head with a fist. * Stupid! Stupid! Where did that thought come from* You beat yourself as Zelo chuckled. " Hey what are you hitting yourself for?" He laughed as he took both hands, and wrapped your arms on his shoulders, with his hands around your waist. You felt chills running down your spine as you slowly danced with Zelo. "You know Mi Rae..." Zelo whispered. " What?" You whispered back. " I'll love to see you again...." He whispered again leaving you speechless. As you two continued to dance slowly, feeling comfortable with you guys body pressed against each other. You began to blush, Zelo took a quick glance at you and saw that your cheeks were red. He giggled, and gave you a hug which widen your eyes. Even widen Yongguk's eyes as well. * Why should I care...But things are moving fast between them two.* Yongguk mentally thought, as he looked away not wanting to see another scene of you and Zelo.

 

The song ended as the day was getting dark. People started to leave, some people were still eating, some people were still dancing. Jee Sun got a call from her mom saying that she has to come home now. " Aw.. I got to go Mi Rae. Se you at school." Jee Sun sadly spoke as she gave you a hug. " Aw..Bye Jee Sun." You pouted. " Oh Jee Sun you're leaving!? I hope to see you again soon." Jongup squealed forming asmile on Jee Sun face. " Bye everyone!" She happily said as she waved good bye.  " I guess we have to get going too. It's getting late." Youngjae spoke. " Man. You guys are leaving?" Yongguk questioned. " Yeah." Daehyun answered. " I don't wanna leave." Jongup and Himchan pouted. " Oh well. We don't live in this area, plus I'm beat." Youngjae replied as he walked to the car and the rest followed. " Oh! Mi Rae!" You heard Zelo's voice. " See you soon." He squealed giving you a wink. Your heart pounded. His smile, his wink, made your heart race. * He's just too cute* You mentally squealed. 

 

As some people were still partying, You and Yongguk were cleaning up as Ae-cha did nothing but followed Yongguk around. " Hey Mi Rae!" You heard that familiar voice again. That voice that heavily annoyed you. That seven years old, girl who goes by the name Nara. Yongguk and Ae-cha overheard Yongguk's cousin calling your name, so he decided to approach you guys. " Mi Rae..Now for our beat. Lets see if you remember our names." Nara spoke with an evil grin on her face. * Aish!! i forgot.... Lets see Lets see!!! Okay All I have to remember is what she told me earlier.....OMO!* You panicked mentally. But you took a deep breathe in and out. " Okay! YOU!" you pointed at Nara with a silly look on your face, and your legs spread out like a silly person. " You are NARA! The seven annoying year old." "You the cute little one is Hyori. She's the youngest, five years old. And also really shy." You said as you pointed at Hyori. " This one is cow girl Eun. She is six years old. Howdy partner." You joked as you bowed. " Howdy!" Eun happily greeted back. " And last but not least!!! So-Young! She is also six." You answered. * Please let me be right.* You begged mentally. You saw Yongguk's mouth drop, and the seven year old rolling her eyes. " Aishh! You're right." She angrily said but smiled. Nara reached out her hand and you took it and shook it. " Welcome to the family. I loved your speech as well." Nara finally was nice to you as she left the scene going home with her family and little cousins. All of a sudden you heard claps. " Eh!?" You looked over seeing Yongguk. " Well done." He replied. You put a piece of your hair behind behind your ear. " I try." You replied back. " Ha!" He smiled looking at you. " Aish! Yongguk forget about Mi Rae! Lets g-" Ae-cha suddenly stop speaking when she heard her mom calling her. " Ae-cha come on lets leave." Her mom spoke. " But mom. I want to st-" "No buts." He mother interrupted her as Ae-cha sighed, eyed you and left with her mom. " I don't want to leave these two alone." Ae-cha mumbled.

 

The party was finally empty. It was just you Yongguk, your dad and your step mom. " Did you have fun guys!" Yongguk's mother squealed. " Yeah. " You and Yongguk said in unison. " Alright. Lets take the limbo home. " Yongguk's mother happily squealed." Yes!" You squealed childishly as they laughed at you. " You're such a kid.." Yongguk spoke. " I am not!" You argued. " You are!" Yongguk argued back. You two argued until you guys made it in the limbo. You and Yongguk sat far apart from each  other. "The day was long." Yongguk spoke. "Mhm." You replied. The ride home was long so you feel asleep, since it was silent in the limbo. Yongguk couldn't help but stare at you. * She snores. Ha! She is a kid.* Yongguk mentally thought as he stared at you, chuckling real hard. * It's...kind of cute...though.* Yongguk mentally thought. " Aish what am I thinking!" Yongguk yelled among himself, then shook his head. You all finally made it to your destination.  You were still asleep, so Yongguk's mother asked Yongguk for a favor. " Hey son. Please carry Mi Rae to her bed, I'll hate to wake her up." " Mom!" Yongguk yelled furiously. " Please!" She begged. " Aish.. Fine." He painfully agreed. He picked you up and went into the house. * This girl weighs a ton!* Yongguk mentally pouted as he stared at your face. *Haha. Look at her. She's tired.* Yongguk mentally thought with a smile on his face. He climbed up the stairs, and made his way to your room. He was close to opening your door, when he tripped on something causing you to wake up. "Huh?" You confusingly spoke as you gave Yongguk suspicious eyes. * he's carr-rying me....* You shockingly said to yourself. "Get me down! Didn't I say don't enter my room!" You brutally spoke. " Well my bad! I was just trying to be nice and put you to bed!" Yongguk angrily yelled as he his teeth, eyed you, went to his room and slammed the door. You took a deep breathe in and out. You didn't mean to be rude or mean, you just didn't want Yongguk to see that poster of him up your wall. * Sorry Yongguk. And thanks. That was a close one.* You mentally said as you smiled. You couldn't help the fact that Yongguk carried you. It caused you to blush. You went into your room, changed into your pajamas, then went to bed.

 

* What's her problem! I was just helping out. It's not like I'm a ert or anything. She's so un cute!* Yongguk angrily spoke in his mind as he too got in his pajamas and went to bed.


Author's Note: Sorry for the  wait. Here's an update ^^ lol its proabbly SUPER DUPER long lol. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I want to thank everyone for commenting and subscribing. I'm really greatful.

 

Please, comment ^^.