Chapter 32

Step Siblings

 Hey guys, I know it took me forever to update, I'm so sorry. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please play the song with the book if you want to. Thanks xD


It was the last class of the day, finally. You couldn't wait to go home because you were beat from all the work and a bit drama today.

 

Out of nowhere, you felt a vibration in your pocket which startled you and made you jump and squeal, making everyone to stare at you. "Mian, Mian" You apologized with a shy chuckle. 

 

*Chincha..who could be texting me at this time?* You complained mentally. You thought it was Jee Sun, but your guess was wrong. You secretly looked into your phone, while the teacher was teaching and the students were paying attention.

 

" Yo :P~"

"Eh?? Who's this!!" you texted back.

" Oh Mi Rae...*face palms* -_- Did you even look at the caller id?" 

"Oh..I didn't...>//< I should've probably done that huh..."

"LOL. Duhhh.."

"Yah? ZELO?"

"Yup Yup"

"I'm in class right now...can we talk some other time?"

"But I wanted to- NVM...Okay, fine I'll just spam your phone with my messages ;)" 

"Omg...whatever. Byeee!"

"See you."

A smile was left on your face as you stuffed your phone back in your pocket. *That Zelo kid is crazy..* You mentally thought as you paid attention to the lesson.

 

While you were doing work, taking notes, and paying attention to your teacher, you were receiving a bunch of messages and probably even voicemails from Zelo. Every message he sent, you felt your phone vibrate. You kept chuckling and smiling to yourself.

 

*Isn't he in class too?* You mentally giggled. 

 

You could've turned off your phone, but you loved the feeling of your phone vibrating because it makes you think of Zelo.

 

~**~

 

The bell rang, indicating that school is over. 


You stood up, stretched and grabbed your books, leaving the classroom to your locker. 

 

After grabbing your book bag, you saw Jee Sun. You ran up to her, and jumped on her back like a little kid. "Yaaahhh, I swear Mi Rae, you're getting heavy. Aigoo, my back." Jee Sun pouted. 
 

 

"Hey Jee Sun! I'm not that heavy." You argued, smacking the back of her head playfully. "Anyways, you want to do homework together over my house?" You asked Jee Sun, as she walked outside, down the stairs with you still on her back. She's a strong girl, and you knew that. She could even carry three people on her back if she wanted to.

 

Jee Sun shyly chuckled and rubbed her nape. "ahh..Mi Rae..um I kind of have to do something today." Jee Sun said, blushing a bit. "And what could that be?" You asked, wrapping your arms around her tightly.


"Aish...do you really have to kno-"

 

"Just tell me Jee Sun!" You cut Jee Sun off. "Fine fine...nosey.." She mumbled as she got ready to answer your question. "Well..I'm going on a date with Jongup." 

 

"Huh!? A date? You're so lucky." You squealed. "My friend has a boyfriend..I'll be single forever." You sobbed as you banged your head repeatedly on Jee Sun's shoulder. "Yaaah! Mi Rae, he's not my boyfriend and stop doing that, people are staring." 

 

"Let people stare at me!!!" You screamed, dragging more people's attention. Jee Sun laughed. "You're crazy, you know that Mi Rae?" "Yeah Yeaaahhh." You answered as Jee Sun carried you to your bus and you got off her back, climbing into the bus. "I'll text you when I get home." You waved good bye. "Nae!" Jee Sun replied, walking away to her bus. You gazed at her walking away through the window till you couldn't she her figure anymore. You rested on your seat and remembered Zelo when your phone vibrated for the 50th time today. "Oh yeah! Zelo!" You yelped, as you dragged people to stare at you.
 

You apologized and pulled out your phone to read the text messages of Zelo. You read every single one of his messages, and laughed at each and every one of them. It was so random and silly. Some was cute, and some was so unique? 


You texted Zelo back without any hesitation. 

 

"Yah Zelo, lol why are you texting these random things to me?" 

 

"I told you I'll spam you didn't I?"

 

"Yes...u did"

 

"Then you shouldn't be shocked :D. But anyway, I wanted to know if we could like hang out today?" 

 

"Hang out? Yes! But sadly I have homework to do..."

 

"Want to do them together?"

 

You smiled at Zelo's question as Yongguk got into the bus, seeing you smiling at your phone. *Wonder who she could be texting.* He mentally thought as he sat down two seats away from you.

 

"So you're going to pick me up at my house?" 

"Yup, I'm heading there right now."

 

"Ok, I'll see you in 20 minutes!"

 

The bus made it to your stop. You got off, and Youngguk came off after you.


There was nothing but dead silence between you and Yongguk. You sighed and mentally thought, *Great, another awkward silent moment..* 


You didn't like the aura in the air between you and Yongguk, so you walked faster, trying to get home as fast as you could. *What the hell..?* Youngguk mentally said as he watched you speed walked away. He rubbed his nape and sighed, walking home at a normal pace. Eventually you got tired and began to pant and slow down, which made Yongguk to catch up to you without really trying. He saw you panting loudly, resting a bit. "Aigoo..I'm really out of shape.." You mumbled as you heard chuckles behind you. You slowly turned your head back, seeing Yongguk behind you. 


"And what's so funny?" You angrily asked. 

"What's so funny? What's funny is the fact that you barely walked that far and you're heavily panting already." Yongguk answered as he walked passed you. "Hey! That's a lie! I totally did some work. See how close we are to the house." You roared running, catching up to Yongguk.

 


He chuckled as you walked by his side. "Jeez, oh really now? You are out of shape" Yongguk mumbled, making you furious. "I HEARD THAT!" You angrily screamed as you cracked your knuckles, getting ready to attack Yongguk.

 


"Opps." Yongguk said as he ran away from you. "Come back here you deep voiced freak!" You said, running after Yongguk with even more rage. 


"Help! There's a crazy woman after me." Yongguk teasingly cried for help which made you even more mad. "Do you think this is a joke!" You roared, running even faster. "Yah! Mi Rae, aren't you tired? I know I am.." Yongguk complained as he gradually reduced his speed. 

Yes you were tired but you couldn't wait to get your hands on Yongguk. You increased your speed, and caught up to him. "Now look who's out of shape!" You roared as you jumped on Yongguk's back, pulling his ears. "Get off." Yongguk laughed, twirling around, trying hard to get you off him. 

"Hey! Are trying to hurt me?" You yelped as your tightly wrapped your arms around his neck. Yongguk gave up, he shrugged his shoulders and began to walk home with you on his back. "Are you giving up? I guess I don't have to walk home then!" You squealed, chuckling. You felt nothing but victory. 

 

" I seriously can't believe that you're letting me stay on your back, while you walk home. You must really be sick or something today" You teased, laughing your heart out.

*I can't believe that I'm doing this too. Just think of this as an apology from me.* Yongguk mentally said as he supported you on his back by holding you with his hands. You found it weird that he's not saying anything, and that he's just chilled about this. You rested your head on his shoulder, smiling the whole way he walked home without any disruptions.Without any problems, he walked home, with you on his back. You couldn't stop smiling, you could say that you were overjoyed.  

 

"Z-Zelo?... Is that Zelo at our front door?" Yongguk spoke out of surprise. You lifted your head up high and saw Zelo waiting for you with his back leaned on your door, and his hands in his pockets, looking cool as ever with his school uniform on. 

*Was he waiting there this whole time?* You mentally said as Yongguk walked up to Zelo with you on his back still. "Oh Hey guys!" Zelo smiled brightly, waving hello as you two approached him. He then realized the way you were on Yongguk's back, just relaxing happily on his back. It made him feel nothing but jealousy. *I waited here just to see this..* Zelo mentally said as he hid his emotion and pretended to not care about the fact that you were on Yongguk's back.


"Hey man." Yongguk greeted Zelo as they did their manly handshake. 

 


You got off Yongguk's back and bowed, greeting Zelo as well. "You're here." You smiled. 

"Are you here to see me? What's up? You want to hang out today?" Yongguk grinned, as he tried to unlock the door with his own keys to the door. 

"Oh..actually I'm here to pick up Mi Rae..." Zelo replied to Yongguk, making Yongguk to freeze there for a moment. He slowly turned his back, giving Zelo a look that was indescribable. "You're here to see Mi Rae?" Yongguk said with disbeilf, looking at Mi Rae. You nodded your head yes. 


 

"F-For what exactly..?" Yongguk questioned.


"We're going to do our homework together. But not here though, somewhere else." Zelo answered as he held your hand. Yongguk slightly glared at the way Zelo was holding your hand. He wanted to argue with Zelo, he wanted to shout at Zelo, he wanted to tell Zelo to back off. But he played it out as if he didn't care at all. He turned his back completely on you and Zelo, opening the door.

 

"O-Oh..Have fun.." He answered as he walked into the house and shut the door close, locking the door after. *Wow...am I seriously feeling jealous and upset...for what? Damn Zelo..but what can I do..Mi Rae probably hates me for kissing her.* Yongguk mentally thought. He kicked the wall and roared, "Damn it..." He peeked out the window, watching you walk away with your fingers intertwined with another guy's hand. *That's my sister..friends doesn't hit on their own buddy's sister..he should back the hell off!*

~**~

You smiled, walking with Zelo with your hand locked with his. "Hey, shouldn't I change out my uniform first?"  You asked. 


"Why should you? You look cute in your uniform anyway." He answered making you blush a bit. You chuckled and thanked him.

 

"No need to thank me, I'm just stating a fact. Besides, I'm still in my uniform..so it wouldn't matter right?" He smiled.


You smiled back and replied. "Nae."

 

"Good, guess where we're going." Zelo asked you. You guessed many places but got them all wrong. You're final guess was his house. You thought for sure this one was right. 

 

"Nope, not my house." He chuckled. "Ehhh! No? Then where else could we possibly be going to?" You said, curious as ever. "We're going to the place I like to be when I want to calm down or be alone. You could say it's my hide out..only you and Yongguk knows my hideout. Don't tell anyone else..I trust you." He answered you as he slightly squeezed your hand. You smiled and promised him.
 
"I promise that I will not expose your hideout, I'm just so happy that you're sharing this with me." 

"You're a special person in my life now, so of course I'll share it with you. Now you know where to find me whenever I'm upset or in a bad mood, just stop by and comfort me." He smiled as he walked you into a playground that seems to be empty most of the time.


emptyplayground.jpg

 

You chuckled. "How cute..a playground?" 

"Yes, a playground. I know it's childish, but I have so much good memories here, that's why I can't let go of this place." He spoke, letting go of your hand to climb up the stairs, and sit on top of the slide, and you sat on the other one beside him. "Good memories?" "Yes, good memories. And I'm hoping I could make new ones with you here." He smiled as he brought out his text books and pencils. You gazed at him happily, being speechless. "Mi Rae?" He called you. He laughed, then waved his hand close up to your face. But still you were lost in Zelo's words. *I guess the princess is asleep, and needs to be awaken.* He mentally thought as he leaned his face closer to yours, and pecked your cheek. You came back to your senses with your eyes wide open. "H-huh.." You said, you didnt know what to do nor say, so you just played with your fingers. He laughed and snapped his fingers. "Hey, are you finally awake now?" 

You shook your head. "Nae!"

"Good, let's get started on our homework." Zelo smiled as you gazed at him for a while, and brought out your own homework.