Chapter Two: A Few Days Later

Lucky Encounters

Nichkhun had a smile on his face as he sat on a bench down by the edge of the Han River. He watched a few random people pass him by, he paid the ones pointing him out and taking his picture with their smart phones no attention as he stood from his spot when he spotted the familiar face. He had finally found her. He wasn’t even sure how many days it had been but he finally found her. 

Seeing her looking around a bit lost and obviously not spotting him yet, he snuck down to her and up the smaller girl. His large hands covered her eyes and he let out a quiet laugh when he noticed her whole body tense up.
 
“Looking for me?” he said as he finally uncovered her eyes and leaned over her shoulder so she could see his face.
 
“That wasn’t funny!” Rebecca said trying to hold back a laugh as she playfully smacked Nichkhun’s arm. 
 
Khun rubbed his arm and laughed a little more with a nod. “It was a little funny.” 
 
Seeing more people starting to watch the two of them, he nodded his head in the direction of one of the sidewalks along the side of the river. With a small grin, he bent his arm a little and offered it to her as a gentlemanly gesture. Once he noticed the blush on her face made the small act worth it as she hooked her own arm with his.
 
“Lucky we bumped into each other again huh?” Rebecca spoke with a small laugh as she looked up at Nichkhun with a small and sweet smile. 
 
He just nodded his head at her question as they walked along the park. After walking a little ways down the sidewalk he opened his mouth to say something but the sound that came out of his mouth wasn’t coherent words. It was a sort of weird buzzing.
 
Bzzzt bzzzt. Bzzzt bzzzt. Bzzzt bzzzt.
 
“Nichkhun…?” Said a familiar voice that wasn’t Rebecca’s.
 
This was getting beyond bizarre and he was starting to think he was losing his mind completely. 
 
He blinked and rubbed his eyes a few times, then pressed them closed tightly one last time.
 
After opening his eyes, Nichkhun realized he wasn’t at the Han at all. He wasn’t with Rebecca, he was laying in bed and that buzzing sound was his alarm and Taecyeon was the one saying his name to wake him up.
 
“Aish.” he muttered as he sat up in his bed and brushed his hands over his bed head. “Mwo?”
 
“We’re going to be late if you don’t get up and get ready.” Taecyeon said in an ‘matter of a factly’ tone before heading out of Nichkhun’s room to make sure everyone else was either ready or getting ready. 
 
Nichkhun flopped back and let his head burrow in his pillow for another minute. Dreaming about a girl he spent all of five minutes with? That wasn’t like him. Normally when Taecyeon was waking people up, that meant he really had another twenty or thirty minutes to sleep. He tried to drift back off to sleep before hearing more commotion coming from the kitchen.
 
“Yah! Why hasn’t anyone started coffee?!”
 
“You’re in the kitchen so you do it!”
 
“Anni! I need to shower.”
 
Finally giving up, he kicked off his blankets and got up from his bed and pulled on a t-shirt and paid of sweats. “I’ll get the coffee…” 
 
Junho shrugged his shoulders as he headed straight for the bathroom, towel and change of clothes in his tow.  
 
“Thanks, hyung.” He called over his shoulder as Nichkhun started getting the coffee pot and such ready. 
 
It was going to be a very long day. Definitely going to be one of those days he’d keep check on the clock on his phone for the end of. It wasn’t much of a busy day, just a small meeting with JYP to discuss their schedules for the next few weeks, a few simple schedules and such here and there. Nothing major but enough to keep him out all day. 
 
“Hyung?”
 
“Hmm…?” 
 
“You okay?” Chansung said as he walked into the kitchen with a towel laying over his wet hair and toothbrush half hanging out of his mouth.
 
“Fine, why?” Nichkhun answered and was obviously and completely out of it. 
 
“Because you’re pouring water back into the sink instead of the coffeepot…”
 
“Huh? Oh!” Nichkhun laughed for a minute then went about making coffee and actually paid attention to what he was doing. “I didn’t get enough sleep.” he gave another laugh then shot a look to Taecyeon, who simply shrugged off the look.
 
Yeah. It was going to be a very long day.