Prologue

Lucky Encounters

Being in a new city was a potentially scary thing. Being in a new and huge city like Seoul, South Korea was even more terrifying to Rebecca. She’d been into Korean culture for a few years and had become pretty fluent with speaking the language when her parents bought her one way plane ticket for her birthday to Seoul, telling her to come back when she was ready to…and to check in daily no matter the time difference. 

Stepping foot into Incheon airport was almost like a dream to her. She’d seen pictures of some of her favorite celebrities walking through to fly here and there. Thinking it over, she started glancing around the airport with a hopeful look on her face, just to see if she’d spot a somewhat familiar face. “Wouldn’t that be something?” she thought to herself as she gave a quiet laugh and headed to baggage claim while calling her mom to let her know that she made it okay and that it was a smooth flight for her first time on a plane.  However, Rebecca’s first time in an airport was picking up a friend, so she knew how hectic things could get. Seeing the crowd grouped together at the baggage claim, she made a small “tchh” sound and started pushing her way through people. It took a moment for her to notice she caught someone’s attention trying to get through. 
 
“Which one’s yours?” said the voice in clear English as she looked through at the luggage just beyond her reach. 
 
“Huh? Oh! The blue camo one.” before she had the chance to reach for her bag, it was handed down to her. “Kamsahamnida.” Rebecca said with a smile as she looked up to the polite stranger that helped her. Low and behold to her surprise it was a completely familiar face.
 
After a small laugh at the look on the smaller girl‘s face, he gave a nod and a small bow. “You’re welcome. Cute accent.” followed by a wink while his voice was soft and polite as he helped her with her luggage and getting away from the crowd around the baggage claim. “I’m Nichkhun.”
 
Rebecca fought the urge to squeal with a nod and a smile up at him. “Rebecca or just Becca.” Being shy was definitely something that happened a little often than not to her, some people thought it made her seem cold and snobby. However she didn’t seem to be having that problem with Nichkhun.
 
“Well ‘Just Becca’…I hope you enjoy your stay in Seoul, maybe I’ll see you around. Yeah? Annyeong.” With another smile and a tiny wave of his hand he turned from her direction and headed to the car that had been sent for him while she stood there in awe and waited for an available cab.