Chapter 1

The Queen's Knight

Here's a story about a love that blossomed between two people who belonged in different social classes. And how that love was doomed to never end in happiness as the shadow of the King fell upon it. It all started years before the Prince, the future King, ascended to the throne when the two forbidden lovers first met...

In the middle of the busy city of Hanyang lies Gyeongbokgung Palace, a landmark of pride for the villagers nearby. But that pride soon turns to hate as they remember who the Palace represents. The King that ruled the lands had an iron fist over the people, repressing any resistance to his reign. Those who tried were punished in the cruelest of ways such as being stretched by horses or castration. Also he took away the wealth of the people, to starve them, so that they were not strong enough to cause chaos in the city. 

But the city hadn't always been such a place of despair and poverty. Under the watchful eye of the Old King, the city had flourished into a place of wealth and free speech where people were not judged by their wealth but by their actions in the community. The people had never experienced hunger before and spent their days in peace with the Palace and its Old King. 

The people had hoped that the Prince would have followed in his father's footsteps but they thought that if it hadn't been for that terrible event that happened at the Palace then maybe things would have been different...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update and a short chapter but this was all I could think of for the beginning. Hope that enjoyed it despite it being quite short.