The Prophecy

The Art of Magic

'We all know about the sudden assassination of the late Seelie queen- Moria- and king. How they were killed by the jealous unseelie rulers. They took over the throne in an unjust way, but there was no other option, the young princess was nowhere to be found. It was thought that the unseelie queen- Aeval- had the young girl killed along with her parents.'

 

Heeyoung and the two boys by now had sat back down again, deeply re-engrossed in the book. The book carried on to talk about how kind and gracious the seelie rulers were, making her smile at how they were so deeply loved; even to this day.

 

Read on, look at that heading!” Kai exclaimed, jamming his finger against the book to catch her attention. This was the loudest and most exited he'd ever been, so it was obviously something important. Heeyoung and Luhan's eyes wandered to where Kai was pointing.

 

The prophecy of the hidden princess

 

'Many people wondered about the late Queen's powers and the people of the palace announced she had the power of seeing the future. The people who had been there at the Queen's time of death recalled that her last words had been a prophecy, one she made after having her final look into the future before she was killed. Her prophecy regarded how the young princess will return when the moon, planets and stars are perfectly aligned on Winter's solstice. She stated that her daughter, the princess would defeat the Aeval's heir and take the throne back, restoring peace and prosperity to EXO planet.'

 

So this really is real...” Luhan muttered over her shoulder. Turning slightly, Heeyoung gave him a look of curiosity.

 

I thought you guys were taught this since you were 'merely babies',” she said, quoting Kai's arrogant remark earlier and giving him a triumphant look.

 

O-of course,” Kai said, clearing his throat. “But we were taught to believe that it was a legend.”

 

He exchanged glances with Luhan, whose face was solemn. When they were children they were taught this legend by their parents. They were never told in this much detail. The only things they knew were someone was meant to defeat the unseelies and bring the seelies back to the throne. They never mentioned anything about Queen Moria's daughter. No one knew who was meant to take on that responsibility, some people thought it was their destiny and went to try and stand up again the Queen, but only ended up never returning...It was never their destiny, it was the princess'.

 

 

But how can that be?” Kai asked, furrowing his eyebrows together. “Everyone said that the princess was killed...”

 

'As soon as this information was leaked, people immediately started spreading rumors and speculating what could have happened to the young princess.

One theory was the Queen had exchanged her actual child for a human child.'

 

The princess was a changeling?” Heeyoung muttered, her eyes widening.

 

'The Queen didn't exchange her child for any normal reason such as for a more beautiful baby, it was because she foresaw the approaching danger and wanted to keep her child safe. This theory leads to the belief that the human child could have been killed in place of the actual blood daughter of Queen Moria and the princess is still alive and healthy to this day.'

 

So where's the princess now?” Heeyoung wondered out loud, her eyes sparkling with interest. Luhan jolted and looked at her with a surprised expression.

 

You don't actually believe this, do you?” he asked. She returned his startled gaze with unwavering, innocent eyes.

 

Why? The book says she's still alive.”

 

This is the only book, out of every single one in the whole of EXO that says such nonsense!” Luhan exclaimed. Heeyoung hadn't ever seen him look as agitated as he did then, but she knew in his eyes there was a small spark of hope. He wanted to believe it, but the logic in his head screamed at him not to be so dumb.

 

Behind them, Kai was stuck deep in his thought again, biting his lip lightly as he thought back.

 

My father...he told me only one person was there at the time of Queen Moria's death when she foretold the prophecy...and that person wrote it down in one book...but no one ever found it.”

 

Then...is this book...”

Her gaze fell on the book questioningly and Luhan watched her, his eyebrows furrowing together.

 

It was too easy!” he yelled. “People lost their lives trying to overthrow the current Queen! And you find a frickin' book in the most obvious place ever and think you can save EXO-” He stopped mid-sentence when he noticed the clear hurt in Heeyoung's eyes. The back of her eyes were beginning to sting.

', you can't cry babo,' she thought to herself. Her hurt gaze turned into a glare.

 

She didn't know why he was acting like this. He didn't seem to mind – in fact he seemed to support – the decision to find out more about EXO. Now she unlocked one of the deepest secrets of EXO planet...she couldn't stop now. Sure, it seemed too easy, but something about it made her feel as if the whole legend was real; not fiction. And he didn't know, when she got interested in something, she doesn't give up on it until the end.

 

Luhan realised how hurt he made her, his heart started aching in guilt. His angry eyes softened and called out her name softly,

Heeyoung-”

only to get cut off by Sehun who'd popped his head into the library.

 

Noona!”

Heeyoung's eyes instantly softened.

 

S-Sehun! How did you know where we are?” she asked. With a small smirk, Sehun pointed his finger up and said,

 

The wind told me.” Then, his face turned solemn and his eyes changed from a teasing glint to a look of panic. “Ah, Kai! Luhan hyung! The unseelies are attacking our village!” 

 

A/N- Luhan got angry! Explanation later...please comment and subscribe