Not Yet Time

The Truth Within

The affairs of the heart are indeed strange and beyond human comprehension. When all logic says that something is just not right or something just shouldn't happen because it's impossible, the heart says otherwise.

Andy expected himself to fall in love with a woman. A nice, beautiful woman who will keep him loved and happy. However, in this line of work, it was almost impossible to meet women. What will all the busy work schedules not allowing him to go out, he was stuck with five other men 24/7. And it didn't help that they had to do fanservice; the excessive touching, hugging, and kissing going on between them would have been considered way too excessive for normal buddies (or even for other boy groups), but to them, it was a part of their daily life. It had come to the point where the staff would be weirded out if they didn't at least hug each other. Minwoo was the worst; he was always the one who clung to him the most and smothered him with the most affection. The others weren't so bad, and certainly, Jun Jin was the one who gave him the least affection.

They were still on a hyung-dongsaeng relationship. Even though Jun Jin was only older by a few months, Andy still insisted on calling him hyung. He didn't want to be too close, too friendly. There was just something about the other that didn't make him feel entirely comfortable with him. Maybe it was due to Jun Jin's closed off, unpredictable nature, or his frequent mood swings. He had a smile on his face all the time, but they all knew it was hiding something quite painful inside of him. They rarely spoke even onstage, and rarely interacted. It wasn't a bad relationship; there just was almost no relationship existing between them.

So why did his heart choose him?

He still couldn't understand. Against all odds, all logic, he was finding Jun Jin, Park Choongjae, more attractive each day. He would have understood himself more if he found himself falling in love with Hyesung or Eric; certainly, he felt closest to Hyesung and is the only member he returned affections with, and Eric, while not excessive like Minwoo, still gave him a lot of attention, almost like the amount of attention a boyfriend would give his girlfriend. Sure, he hates the random noogies and punches and other forms of mock abuse sometimes, but Eric knows how to look after him and give him just the right amount of love that he wouldn't consider bothersome.

So why Jun Jin?

He wished he could ask someone. But there wasn't anyone to ask; he couldn't just casually bound up to one of the other members and say "hyung, I think I'm falling in love with Jinnie-hyung" or something to that effect. Nope. Life wasn't that simple, and he more so than anyone knows that for a fact. Besides, what would the others think of him? He was sure they would think that he had somehow lost his mind. Most of all, what would Jun Jin think of him? He would just be making their awkward relationship even more awkward. In fact, awkward would be the understatement of the year. He would probably feel weird, disgusted at him even, because last time Andy checked, he was pretty sure he's still a guy. And guys don't just fall in love with other guys, right?

Just then, the object of his most intimate thoughts suddenly came bounding into the room, a wide smile plastered on his face and a noticeable skip in his step. Andy winced; why did he have to come now and make things more unbearable than they already are? "Yo, yo, make way, here comes Park Choong--JAY!" Jun Jin finished his loud entrance with a flair, spinning once and then stopping in his tracks before looking around and finding only Andy was in. He cleared his throat and laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment. "Hey, Andy-ya. Sorry about that, I thought Minwoo-hyung was already here. He usually comes in first or second."

"Eh? Ah, it's okay, I don't mind." Andy refused to look at him, opting instead to focus his attention to an oh-so interesting spot on the wall. He probably thinks I hate him now… but how the hell do I face him, when he's the object of these kind of feelings that could be considered disgusting lingering inside me? Where the hell are the others? This is just too damn uncomfortable. Why won't they come already? Why now, of all days?

A few minutes of stiff silence passed between them, the only sounds being the shuffling of Jun Jin's feet as he walked over to the area where they put down their bags. Jun Jin silently cursed himself for coming too early; there is more ice between them right now than there are glaciers in Antarctica. Breaking the silence by clearing his throat, Andy shifted his feet and pointed casually towards the cassette player, finally speaking to break the tension… somewhat. "I… I should get some practice done before the others come, I don't really know the choreography that much yet."

Jinnie nodded slowly, then laughed nervously. "Yeah… I guess you should… Do you want me to teach you or anything? I-I can help you with the steps, and… stuff." He didn't really know why he tended to stammer around the younger. But it always happens; perhaps it's just that piercing gaze or the no-nonsense way Andy always seemed to carry himself in. But either way… it was weird. He wasn't like this with the others at all; he connected well with Eric and Dongwan, and Minwoo and Hyesung were like brothers to him. But somehow with Andy… it was something else. It wasn't hate, it wasn't dislike… it was more of a positive awkward feeling. Like… like…

Like attraction.

What.

"No, I-I'm alright, thank you." Andy replied formally, way too formally between two who are supposed to be friends. But Jun Jin chose to ignore it in order to not make the situation more tense than it already is, and then instead opted to sit on the bench near the place where they usually dance.

Yep. He hates me. He absolutely freaking hates me. Why else would he refuse to be helped by me, when he would have not thought twice if it was Minwoo-hyung who offered? Then again, Minwoo-hyung always gives him a lot of affection. Ugh. Jun Jin let out a deep sigh as he swung his legs back and forth. For reasons unknown, he felt a pang of jealousy pinch at him at the thought of Minwoo showering his usual amount of affection on Andy. He knew it was just the way Minwoo really is with the maknae of their group, but somehow he still couldn't help it. He shook his head to try and get rid of the thought, and instead opted to watch Andy dance to distract himself. He wouldn't call him talented, but he was good. Granted, he wasn't the best (that label was saved for Minwoo and himself), but there was something in the way he moves that seemed relaxed, yet whoever is watching him would know that he's actually giving his all. His movements were fluid, perfect to the beat, full of energy, yet soft… Cute, yet y.

Woah. I did not just think that. Jun Jin quickly stopped his dangerous train of thought that he knew wasn't going anywhere good. So much for distracting himself. He wasn't even sure himself that he wanted to explore that thought anyway; what the hell would anyone say or think if they find out that he thinks Andy is y? Is that even an acceptable word to describe one of his group members? He sure as hell don't think that Eric or Hyesung or Minwoo or Dongwan are y when they dance. So why would he think that of Andy, the member he least spoke to?

It was a lie if Andy said that he couldn't feel Jun Jin's eyes on him, watching his every single move. Even if he didn't look at him, he could see his reflection on the big mirrors that surrounded every corner of the practice room from the corner of his eye. And he could clearly see Jun Jin, Park Choongjae, watching him like a hawk, his expression unreadable. What was he thinking right now? Was he judging his dance moves? Was he judging him because he can't dance as well as he can? Was he laughing at him secretly right now? He knows inside him that Jun Jin isn't that kind of person, but he couldn't avoid thinking of such things. Besides, who knows what Jun Jin is really like? Andy became too self-conscious of the fact that he was being watched that he misjudged a step and tripped on his shoelace, at the same exact time Jun Jin stood up and was about to get some water near where Andy was to distract himself from looking at Andy.

"Aish! Look out!" In a split second, Andy came crashing on top of Jun Jin, sending them both spiraling to the floor, with Andy landing on top of him. Before they could even recover or pick themselves up from their compromising position, the others sauntered right in, chatting merrily amongst themselves then suddenly falling silent when they all spotted the two on the floor practically sprawled on each other.

Andy started silently cursing all the gods he knew, while Jun Jin laughed awkwardly as he held on to Andy, careful to balance him so that they don't fall into… er… more embarrassing positions.

"Hey, it's early in the morning, getting so lovey-dovey already?" Eric said dryly (though with a bit of humor) as he walked past them to put his bag down at the same place Jun Jin put his down earlier. This kind of scene was common amongst the members, though someone sprawled on top of someone was a fairly new thing, but he thought nothing of it. Andy quickly pried himself off from Jun Jin in a panic, his face beet red as he cleared his throat and dusted himself off to cover his embarrassment, before reaching out instinctively to help Jun Jin up. Jun Jin took the hand on impulse, stood up, and then Andy, realizing what just happened, suddenly let go of the hand as if Jun Jin had a virus or something. Jun Jin didn't know why, but that got to him more than it should have. He decided to shrug it off though, as he pretty much concluded that this is not the situation to point out such a thing. Especially when he wasn't even sure of his own feelings. He didn't want to have to answer any… so to say, 'difficult' questions.

To relieve the sudden, unexplained tension that seemed to be hovering about in the room, Minwoo pounced on Andy to give him his daily dose of 'Minwoo lovin'', much to the chagrin of the younger. Their usual affectionate roughhousing was almost a ritualistic thing, which everyone was used to. Jun Jin didn't know why, but today, out of all days, he couldn't seem to stand watching them being so close. He pursed his lips in a tight line and walked out of the practice room quite conspicuously. Hyesung noticed the odd behavior Jun Jin is exhibiting, and thinking something was bothering him, slipped out of the room as well to go and talk to him.

"Choongjae-ya. What's wrong?" Hyesung found Jun Jin sitting in the waiting room wearing a grim look on his features. The surprised look on his face at Hyesung's voice, followed by him averting his eyes and opting to look at the potted plant near the door instead, confirmed Hyesung's suspicions about him having problems. He went to sit beside him, wrapping a friendly arm around his shoulder, before peering at the younger's face to try and catch his expressions.

"I… I don't know, hyung." Jun Jin answered honestly, not even knowing how to explain what exactly he's feeling, much less know what's going on with him and why he's suddenly finding the smallest things the biggest deal.

"You wouldn't be like this if there's nothing wrong, Choongjae-ya. Answer me honestly."

"I really don't know, hyung! I don't know why I'm feeling like this, I don't even know what I'm feeling! It's just… everything relating to him seems to irritate me… well, not really irritate, but.. I-- can't-- and-- just-- I don't ing know!" Jun Jin snapped, throwing up his arms in frustration before bringing them back down and burying his face in them.

Hyesung was now confused. "'Him'? So you definitely have a problem with one of us. But I know you, Choongjae-ya. Usually you would just go up to us and relay your problem and we'll solve it together, what's stopping you right now?"

Jun Jin let out a deep sigh. How could he possibly understand? This was not a simple problem like the ones they usually have. This involved so much more, and most of them he would rather not explore or awaken. "I don't even know what my problem is, hyung. I just… it's just a different thing from our usual problems with each other. It's just an inner turmoil sort of thing for me. I don't know how to explain it, you couldn't possibly understand."

"But who is this 'him' in our group that you have a problem with? Maybe I can talk to him for you and see what I can do."

Before Jun Jin could even reply, though, the manager knocked softly on the door and peeked in, gesturing for them to come back into the practice room as the backup dancers have arrived and practice would resume in 15 minutes. It was Hyesung's turn to sigh, as he stood up and looked back down at Jun Jin. "Well… just, if you need anyone to talk to, I'm here, okay? Just solve your problems with whoever 'him' is so this won't affect our team dynamics." With that last bit of advice, Hyesung went back to the practice room, leaving Jun Jin alone.

When Hyesung opened the door and walked back in, Andy's head whipped back automatically when he heard him. He couldn't hide the disappointment and worry in his face, though, as he saw that it was just Hyesung. A minute later, Jun Jin came walking back in as well, and for some reason he felt a mixture of relief and happiness. But he soon snapped out of it as he shook his head violently trying to get rid of the feeling. What is this? Now I'm lighting up just because he walked into the room? What the hell is wrong with me. You don't freaking light up when your friend walks into the door. That's a feeling reserved for lovers.

Lovers.

Oh god no.

"Ya, Lee Sunho! Get in formation!" Their manager's irate yell snapped him out of his reverie. He went through the motions and the steps, but it was becoming quite clear that as practice progressed, both Jun Jin and Andy's minds weren't with the dance. Andy kept messing up the most basic of steps (which was very out of character for the usually focused maknae), and Jun Jin wasn't dancing with energy, which brought the whole mood down. The manager sighed and shook his head, then called for a break.

"Get your act together. We're not continuing with practice until you all are ready to take this seriously! When we get back, we're doing some stunts! Choongjae, get ready for back flips!" The manager then stomped out of the room, leaving the members alone in the room.

Jun Jin, determined to get his act together and get his mind off of all this, went to the center of the room. Eric was shaking his head, confused at the whole situation. Last time he checked, there weren't any fights or misunderstandings going on. Not that he knew of, anyway.

"Okay, anyone who has a problem right now... What is it?" Eric suddenly declared, the question directed to the other five. He was usually goofy and as much of a teenager as the others are, but when it came to repairing the group teamwork and relationship, he was mature and serious. And the members knew that they had to take him seriously when he's in this state.

Jun Jin purposely ignored the question as he continued to stand and breathe in deeply, and Andy refused to look at Eric, looking around the room instead as if it was his first time being in there. The rest of them now instantly knew where the problem lied: with their maknae line.

Eric set his lips in a concerned frown, focusing his attention on the two. "You two wanna talk this out or what? We don't have all day, you know. If we continue to perform badly, who knows what the manager will do."

Jun Jin continued to ignore him. Andy merely cleared his throat and looked like he was about to say something but opted instead to keep it to himself and sit on the far end of the bench away from the rest of them. Eric grunted in frustration, and was just about to say something else when Jun Jin suddenly started doing back flips. Eric boiled in anger at the open defiance of the younger man. "YA! Park ing Choongjae! Listen to me when I'm talking to you, I'm trying to solve--"

But Eric was cut short by a loud, sickening thud, as the events unfolded before their eyes so fast that they didn't even have time to react. As Jun Jin was performing yet another back flip, he miscalculated the distance from the floor and instead propelled himself too high, resulting in him landing back on the cemented floor on his head, the weight of his whole body crashing down on it. His body started to experience spasms and shaking violently all over, a white foam of saliva slowly forming from his mouth. Hyesung, Eric, and Dongwan immediately rushed to his side to assist him, while Minwoo ran out and alerted the manager.

Andy stood there for a few moments, not seeing, feeling, or hearing anything. He was in a state of utter shock and disbelief, his wide eyes boring through the scene taking place in front of him. Dongwan was screaming something at him; Hyesung was screaming into his phone. He saw the manager and Minwoo come rushing in, but his brain refused to process everything properly.

"Sunho! LEE SUNHO! YA! Pull yourself together!" Eric suddenly shook him, hard (he didn't even notice that Eric was already in front of him), as he shifted his gaze to Eric's desperate, panicked eyes.

And then suddenly, it dawned on him.

Park Choongjae is severely injured.

That one sentence was all that his brain needed to process. He suddenly lurched forward, freeing himself from Eric's grasp, as he pushed Dongwan aside in panic to take a look at Jun Jin. He couldn't feel himself, it was as if his body was acting on its own. It was as if his soul left his body and was just floating above it, looking down at his body as it tried to get to Jun Jin but was held back by Hyesung; as it almost touched Jun Jin, but the paramedics came rushing in and put him on a stretcher and took him away; as it pushed Hyesung back, sending him crashing into Minwoo, and tried to run with the paramedics; as it was finally held back once again by Dongwan, even though he was still thrashing around.

"CALM THE DOWN!" Eric suddenly shouted in as loud a voice he could muster, which finally snapped Andy back to Earth. He stared at Eric with crazed eyes, trying to find some sort of explanation on his face, something that tells him that this wasn't really happening. But he knew this was reality. And he had to get a firm grip on it.

"Get in the car, now!" Their manager suddenly came running back in, breathless. In a split second, Everyone started running with the manager, Dongwan still holding on tightly to Andy as he felt as if his legs were floating, just carrying him along.

Everyone was silent during the car trip. Andy's eyes were lifeless, almost unblinking, just staring straight into nothingness. Everyone else had an expression of worry and agitation, and wished that the car would go faster.

They all understood (or so they thought) why Andy was acting this way. They thought that it was because he had a fight with Jun Jin, and they weren't able to make up, and now there might not even be an opportunity to. But they didn't know. They didn't know the one strong feeling welling up inside Andy at that moment. They didn't know that, against all odds, he has fallen utterly, completely in love with Park Choongjae. And he couldn't bear to lose him, not just like that. And he didn't know why it took this accident to happen, to realize that this is indeed what he feels for the older man.

The car screeched to a violent halt, the remaining members throwing the door open and rushing into the hospital, not even bothering to close the car doors. To them, nothing mattered at that moment except knowing what Jun Jin's condition is. The doctor met them halfway and stopped them in their tracks, an anxious expression on his face.

"I'm sorry, but you cannot proceed any further. The patient is undergoing emergency surgery right now, the impact caused on his head formed a blood clot that can be fatal if we don't take it out immediately. I ask that you all wait here outside, and I will let you know how he is as soon as the surgery is over." 

The Shinhwa members all nodded solemnly, as they calmed down a bit and sat down on the benches outside the operating room. They all surrounded Andy especially, who seemed the most affected with the situation. He hasn't said a thing or showed any kind of agitation ever since Eric snapped at him earlier, and they were starting to get worried about their maknae.

Andy was like an empty shell. He didn't speak, he didn't cry, he didn't resist, he didn't return their affections. It was as if all life had been out of him. They tried to get him to speak, to drink a little bit of water, to look at them, but to no avail. All they could do was hold him tight and be strong for him, even though they themselves were starting to crumble.

The doctor finally came out around three hours later. The members all stood up and waited for the diagnosis, including Andy, who finally moved. The doctor had very bad news, and asked all of them to sit down.

"We took the blood clot out… But I'm afraid it's still not enough. We don't know if he will improve… Unfortunately, he might not make it through the night, so I suggest that you all should say your goodbyes… He has been transferred to the ICU, where you can visit him for now."

The members were shocked. Just a few hours ago, they were all together going through another normal day. Jun Jin was there, very much alive… but now, he was lying on what possibly could be his death bed, wrenched away from them so cruelly just like that. They weren't even given a chance to say their goodbyes, to say what they wanted to say, to convey their feelings to him. They were only full of regrets, of the what could have beens and what they could have dones, 'I wish I treated him better, I wish I didn't snap at him, I wish I told him I love him'.

The members encircled his bed, his built frame suddenly dwarfed by all the machines wired to him. His eyes were shut tight, his breathing was even… but his condition wasn't stable. They cried even more at the sight of their precious member, the goofy guy who always knew how to put a smile on their faces and encourage them during tough times. It was as if the foundation of their group was suddenly pulled out from under them, and they would all come crashing down soon if he wasn't put back up.

The members all held hands, still in a circle surrounding Jun Jin's bed, as they prayed fervently like they never had before. They cried and they prayed and they cried some more, knowing that it was only a miracle that could save him now. Afterwards, they all went out of the room, one by one, except for Andy. They already understood amongst themselves that Andy needed to be alone with Jun Jin at this crucial moment, so they gave him the space he needed.

Andy sat by the bed, unmoving, as he stared down at Jun Jin. He reached forward and gingerly held his hand, a lone tear falling from the side of his eye as he did so. He looked straight at Jun Jin, though his eyes were closed, and took a deep breath.

"Jinnie-hyung… I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be in this condition. I was really stupid, I don't even know why I acted that way towards you. I should have at least pretended… but you know me, I can't bring myself to do what I don't want to do. But I didn't want you to find out how I really feel about you… I know you'd feel disgusted with me, and what would the other hyungs think? I hate that we're so awkward and distant with each other… but what could I do? I knew that the closer I got to you, the more my feelings would gnaw at me to the point where I would just one day snap and tell you everything and drive you even farther away from me, so I opted to keep clear of you instead which led to this accident. I'm just… If I could bring back time… I would force myself to ignore my feelings for your sake. I just… I'm sorry." Andy held Jun Jin's hand in both of his, squeezing it tightly. "So please, hyung… come back to us, okay? We're a lost cause without you, and you know that."

In romantic dramas and movies, this would have been the cue where Jun Jin would wake up, gaze at Andy sweetly, and tell him that he loves him too and that he would be alright. But alas, this is reality. Jun Jin remained unconscious, unmoving, the only sign of life coming from him are the steady beeps of the heart monitor, the lines forming a steady zig zag to match the rhythm of his still beating heart. The same heart that was in so much turmoil earlier, since unbeknownst to Andy, Jun Jin just might be feeling the same way.

A few days passed without any hope. They had been through the toughest night, the night the doctor said he might not even survive… and they were thankful enough for that. They had been confident that since Jun Jin had gotten over the worst, then he would eventually wake up… but the end of the week was almost here and there was no sign of relief. The members were starting to lose hope, but their faith in Jun Jin and their support for each other prevented them from giving up on their precious member.

They all sat together in the cafeteria, looking haggard, black circles under their eyes from lack of sleep, their hair sticking out in different places. For a moment no one spoke; barely anyone spoke the past few days, not wanting to discuss anything. But Eric soon broke the silence.

"Sunho-ya… How are you?" He, like the others, knew that Andy was the most affected with this whole ordeal. Rather than focusing on the… possible death of their member, he would rather focus on making sure that everyone who was there will be alright if they do lose Jun Jin. He couldn't take it if Andy were to blame himself for the rest of his life.

"I'm… fine." Andy managed to choke out, though his voice was quiet and subdued. He was the one who spoke the least, barely leaving Jun Jin's side, keeping all his feelings to himself. But Eric wouldn't have that.

"I know you're not, Sunho. None of us are. And I also know that you, more so than anyone here, like keeping your problems and feelings to yourself, but you also at the same time have no problem confronting any one of us you have a problem with. So… what exactly was the start of your and Choongjae's fight? We really need to talk about this so we can propose a solution. I don't want you blaming yourself in case…" Eric cut himself off, not wanting to put into words what he knows might inevitably happen.

Andy wanted to talk back at him, to push out his anger and his frustrations at Eric, but he also knew that their headstrong leader had a heavy burden on his shoulders right now: he had to keep his four remaining members at bay, while at the same time trying to keep himself strong and sane. And he knew that Eric is the one who's suffering the most at this moment, with not only having himself to worry about, but the others as well. Including him. So he took a deep breath and willed all of his anger away, not wanting to start an unnecessary fight. Eric doesn't know, and he couldn't blame him for something he doesn't know. "We… we didn't fight, hyung. There was nothing like that. I was just… I was just being stupid, that's all."

"I believe you when you say that you didn't fight… so why were you two acting that way towards each other, then? We all know that you've always been awkward with each other, but not to that extent. There was something else between you two that day." Hyesung, Dongwan, and Minwoo nodded their heads wordlessly in unanimous agreement.

"I don't know, hyung." Andy replied honestly; he truly didn't know himself either. He was careful not to show his feelings; could it be Jun Jin finally noticed that day? "We were just more awkward than usual that day. It's partly my fault too, I just don't know what I can say to him when we're the only ones together in the room. Maybe he took it as me being mad at him… but I really wasn't."

Eric nodded, spending a few minutes in contemplation, before looking straight at Andy. "I believe everything you just said. So… promise me that no matter what happens, you won't blame yourself for anything. Ever. Can you promise me that?"

Andy bit down on his lower lip, before nodding slowly., thankful that Eric didn't press on with the issue. If he did, he would have been forced to confess his feelings, and he didn't want that to happen. But as for not blaming himself… how could he keep that promise if Jun Jin dies? Because he knew that if he dies, it will be entirely his fault. His mind was already full of 'what ifs' even before this talk… and nothing the others say will ever convince him otherwise. He merely nodded for Eric's sake, and to end the conversation.

Any further discussion was suddenly interrupted by the doctor walking up to them. Everyone blinked in confusion as the doctor looked like he was wearing a smile, ridiculously inappropriate in such a situation. But his next words lighted up their faces and sent the five running towards Jun Jin's room in a heartbeat. "Your friend is awake now. I never thought he would wake up, much less make it through the week, but he's conscious now. But please don't excite him too much, as he does not have much energy yet."

Minwoo threw the door open and everyone filed in, a huge smile on their faces as they saw Jun Jin being assisted by the nurse to sit up, though still groggy from his long-term sleep. As soon as he saw them, though, he smiled as well and waved. Hyesung immediately went to his bedside to hug him, as happy tears were streaming down his face.

"Ya, Park Choongjae! I thought you weren't going to wake up! What's the big deal with sleeping for so long, huh? You made us all worried for nothing!" Hyesung was back to his motherly chastising, much to the amusement of everyone. Dongwan gave him a huge hug, Eric patted and rustled his hair, and Minwoo kissed him on the cheek, all eager to express their relief and love for the younger member. Andy stood to the side, patiently awaiting his turn, and when everyone was done and settled down, they all looked towards Andy, silence suddenly befalling the hospital room that was full of life and noisy banter just a few seconds ago.

Andy hesitated, a bit uncomfortable with the looming silence and tension, coupled with everyone staring at him and watching his every move. His legs felt heavy like lead, gluing him effectively in place. He still didn't feel entirely comfortable with the other, and it didn't help that he had just spilled his feelings for him (who knows if people in a coma could hear or not?). But Jun Jin's ready smile and words snapped him out of his inner turmoil.

With arms outstretched, Jun Jin cheekily grinned and said in a joking tone, "What, I just came back from the dead and not even a hug from you? I knew you were cold, but I didn't know you'd be this cold, Sunho-ya."

Andy took one step, and one step was all it took to propel him forward, nearly crashing into the other, as he hugged him as tightly as he could and buried his face in his chest, crying openly, not caring if his tears soaked through the thin hospital gown. "I-I'm sorry, hyung! Let's not be awkward anymore… it's all my fault that you became like this!"

"Sshhh…" Jun Jin Andy's hair gently. "It's no one's fault but mine. I should have listened to Eric-hyung and stopped doing those stupid back flips. And on a cement floor, too."

It was an unspoken rule amongst them that the members with conflicts work out their problems with each other by themselves, and the others would only intervene when it was absolutely needed. So without even saying a word, Eric made eye contact with the other three and they all quickly understood, as they slipped out the door unnoticed.

Once Jun Jin saw that they were gone, he brought his mouth close to Andy's ear, so he, and only he, could hear his very quiet whisper. "You shouldn't ignore your feelings and keep them to yourself, Sunho-ya. Because you never know what other people think, and you would regret it for the rest of your life if you never find out."

Andy pulled away sharply from Jun Jin, though Jun Jin didn't let go of his arms now wrapped around Andy's waist, as Andy stared at him with saucer-like eyes. Jun Jin smiled cheekily. "What, you really think people in a coma don't hear things? Just because my brain can't tell my body to wake up doesn't mean it can't tell it to hear."

Andy contemplated for a few moments, and then slowly smiled back as well. "…So… does this mean our awkward status is finally over?"

Jun Jin winked. "You decide that."

Their eyes once again met, and at this moment, Andy didn't look away like he normally would and returned the gaze, conveying unspoken emotions through his eyes. I love you, Park Choongjae.

I love you, Lee Sunho.

There was no need for words. 

There never was a need for words.

In a way, Andy understood Jun Jin's feelings more than he ever did fully at that moment, and Jun Jin understood Andy's feelings more so than he ever did, just with the one simple gaze they shared.

The heart is truly a strange, little thing.

 

___________

A/N: THIS IS OBVIOUSLY FICTION, GUYS. Some of the details are true, like the doctor's diagnosis and what happened to Jinnie after he got injured and stuff, but the fight and all the other things leading to it and (obviously) all the events after that are not real. This is just a product of my weird mind because this is just what I thought of suddenly when I saw the prompt. Besides, the real happening is that they were in some kind of sports gymnasium or something and Jinnie was practicing his back flips, but he landed wrong on his head and he was rushed to the hospital. None of the stuff in here. xD I know this is kind of common sense but I just wanted to make everything clear since some people might actually think this is close to what happened. So yeah. Also, just so you guys were wondering/didn't know, all the members are Christian. Hence, I think they would have done the praying thing and believed in miracles. xD And yes, I've researched it, there are some people who have heard everything while they're in a coma. So this is not entirely unrealistic. xD

But yeah, I hope you guys liked this. ._. I was really struggling with getting this done, for some reason, so it may not be as well-written as my other fics. >.< Also, special thanks to turntop-bigtop, who once again got rid of my writer's/word block. You are amazing, you wonderful person you.