Chapter #1

Between Identities

 

Between Identities

Chapter # 1

It's a Sunday morning you would expect to be sleeping till noon but your boss had other plans. You were a new recruited trainee at SM Entertainment and today you would be talking too Soo Man since he had called you to meet him on his office since he had to discus something with you.

 

You've just arrive to Lee Soo man's office and to your surprise he wanted to talk to you about an experimental image that you would have to carry out from this day until you had successfully become an Idol and release your second single. What was the identity? Well you a tall (yet petite) 18 year old girl who is not Korean has to be a boy until debut. Why? Well it was an experiment and a test for all the others trainees and idols on SM. Only you, Lee Soo Man and your manager would know about this little prank that would last for quite a while.

 

After Soo Man had filled you in on the details you were sneaked out to cut your hair and get man clothes big enough to hide your chest.

 

After a few hours of cutting your hair, another hour for finding the clothes, another to hide your chest and a week of learning how to be a man you were ready for this tough challenge that would surely make a big impression.

 

You looked like a really adorable little boy that got trapped on wonder land with Peter Pan and forgot how to grow up, well you were a girl after all so growing up to be man wasn't really your nature.

 

January 17

It is your first training day and your first day in the company (as a boy) and it looks like you already have quite a few female fans that couldn't stop squealing at your cuteness, God if only they knew, oh well at least that means that the costume was a success. Thankfully you won't have to worry about going to the boys bathroom or to the showers since you were Soo Man's "nephew", it was all part of the plan that he had in mind. You start making your way to the practice room too meet your new training companions, but on your way there you bumped into something tall and hard "ouch" you mumbled while trying to figure out what was on your way "oops sorry buddy didn't see you there" a soft voice said as it answered your question. So you bumped with someone? Aish! Why is it that I forgot my glasses on the office today? The only thing you could see was fuzzy figure "hey are you ok?" The voice asked, you cleared your throat and prepared your "man voice" and answered "no it's ok I didn't see you because I forgot my glasses" you successfully said with a voice that resembles that of a boy's. you stood up and quickly introduced yourself "hi my name is Song Hyo Rah but my friends call me Hyo nice to meet you erm.."

-"Taemin! Lee Taemin"

-"SHINee's Lee Taemin?"

-"Yes"

-"sorry but I can't recognize you without my glasses" you said with an apologetic smile.

-"It's all right..... By the way isn't Hyo Rah a girls name?"

-"My mom really wanted a daughter -.-" you acted as if it was true.

-"Oh hahaha I know how you feel only that I get mistaken for a girl a lot"

-"Hehe I feel you bro......well I have to go practice I'll see you around" you said as you quickly made your way to Soo Man's office to get your glasses.

-"See yah!" He screamed before you completely disappeared "wait isn't the practice room the other way?" He wondered as he continued to walk to his destination.

 

You gave Soo Man the news about already fooling some girls and an Idol and he quickly gave you an approval look right before giving you some eye contacts obviously disapproving of your glasses. You without any argument quickly wore them and walked back to your practice room finding it full of girls and only about 3 guys who apparently one of them was your dance teacher.

 

-"Welcome Hyo Rah about time you showed up" the girls all giggled at your cuteness and of course also at your girl name.

-"I'm sorry sir but my uncle had called me so I had to take a detour.....and please call me Hyo..." You acted convincingly to everyone to beleave that you were a boy.

-"Very well then....Guys this is Song Hyo Rah, he's new at the company and also Lee So Man's nephew so be nice to him 'cause he'll be training with us" he introduced you to the other trainees.

-"Nice! Another Dude! I was starting to get lonely haha" one of the guys cheered.

-"Yah! Junheok! What about me?!" The brunette boy complained.

-"Yah! Don't get me wrong Han! I'm just happy to have another dude in our team" Junheok explained with a grin.

-"Fine! Haha nice to meet you Hyo!" Han said excited.

-"Nice to meet you all" you said in a low voice as you bowed in a 90 degree angle.

-"Yah no need to be so formal!" The two boy said in unison with smiles on their faces.

-"Alright" you said shyly.

 

About 4 hours of practice had passed you were all on break as the teacher came to give some news.

-"So as you all know there's going to be a new group to debut in three months and this time it's going to be a mixed gender group, those who are chosen will train for one more month and then will start working on their new single and choreography and then will work on their MV but those who don't get chosen will have one last chance to join the group for their second single but if they fail they will be removed from this company" 

"MWO?!" Everyone except for you had burst out.

 

You already knew everything and that you would be part of that group as part of the plan but of course that you still needed to train but you also needed to prepare that little surprise that you had to give after your second single.

 

February 19

About five weeks of training have successfully passed by and you were practically friends with all the trainees and most of the Idols in SM making you blend in perfectly with the boys. You had rejected quite a few confessions from the girls for obvious reasons and became good training buddies with almost all the guys there. You still didn't know how you did it so smoothly considering that you were almost caught by a few guys but they never noticed since they tough you were just a "shy kid" or a "reserved person" but it went smoothly. Today you were hanging out with EXO's Kai who was practically your best friend. "Hey Hyo!!! Hurry up!" Kai said with a smirk, he had never seen his dear friend hit on a girl and felt that you were maybe lonely or just uninterested in girls that would quickly confess but today he would help you find a girl.

-"Hey Jong In! Where are we going? We've been walking for hours!" You whined.

-"Hehe don't be so lazy it's only been 20 minutes" he said.

-"Lies!"

-"Haha lazy kid!"

-"Yah! I'm only younger by a month!"

-"Hahaha ok ok stop whining, we're here"

You stopped in front of an Internet café that was holding a blind date event.

- "Yah! If you wanted coffee why didn't we stop at the one next to SM?" You said annoyed to have walked so much just for coffee.

-"Dude Chill out! They're waiting for you in this café..."

-"Mwo? Who if waiting?.......oh no" you said as you realized what your friend's plan actually was.

-"Oh yeah!!" He said as he pulled you inside the café with a huge grin.

 

Hours later

-"Hyo! Wait up!" Kai screamed for the hundredth time already.

-" it up pretty boy, Im not forgiving you"

-"But I only did it because I tough you were lonely, I mean I've never seen you with a girl before" he defended himself from any future accusation.

-"Well maybe because I might have someone who I already like" you lied.

-"Liar! You don't even smile at any girl"

-"How would you know?"

-"Because I know you!"

-"Well maybe I just keep it a secre... AAH?!" You were cut off as you fell on to the ground with a bleeding ankle.

-"Hyo?! You ok?!" Kai rushed to see your ankle and then spotted how you had hurt. You had accidentally stepped on a whole.

-"I...it hurts.." You cried as you held on to your leg.

-"Hold on, I'll get you to a doctor..."

-"NO?! I..Um....My uncle can call my doctor..um...we kinda can't see any other doctor" you lied as to keep your identity a secret.

-"Dude you need a doctor now!" He insisted.

-"Then call my uncle!" You insisted under pain.

Kai released a loud sight before quickly dialing Soo Man's number. After a few minutes have gone by Kai had helped you get to a near hospital as Soo Man would be there waiting. After you got there you had your ankle checked and then bandaged. Kai was tired of waiting so he went to get a coffee as Soo Man stayed and talked to you.

-"That was a close one....Kai had almost found out that you were a girl" he said in a fairly low voice.

-"I know good thing I was able to think fast....everything would be ruined if anyone knew that I am a girl...."

-"Wh...what?!" You turned your head to find Kai standing at the doorway with his opened jaw.

-"Crap!" You cursed at your stupidity.

 

To Be Continued......