Run, Baekhyun, Run

Unexpected Change

 

Dragging my unkempt bag, I took a sharp turn to the left. “5 minutes more till 8 o’ clock strikes” my watch said. I groaned in frustration and held my bag tightly (Well, I guess, dragging the bag was better than carrying it all the way since it won’t hurt your shoulder and back. So, yeah, I have been dragging my bag at the very moment I left the bus a while ago), and ran like there’s no tomorrow, dragging my unkempt bag along and making it more dirty.

 

               My legs are now tired, and I’m about to lose my breath. As far as I know, this was the very first time that I’ve ran this much in my whole life. I decided to take a short rest in the middle of the road. Yes, in the middle of the road. There weren’t any cars and the road was unusually quiet and not that occupied with tons of people.

 

               I took a glimpse of my watch again, and it’s already 8 o’ clock. I ran a hand through my hair in frustration, and lightly slapped my right cheek. As soon as I caught my breath, I took my bag, and was just about to run and drag it along when suddenly, I heard someone call my name. I turned and saw Kyungsoo on his motorcycle, his right hand in one clutch while the other hand was used to wave at me. Although I’m not on the mood, I still smiled, and while still panting, tiredly waved at him. He stopped when he reached me.

 

               “Are you on your way home?” he asked. I nodded and wiped my sweaty forehead with my right palm. Kyungsoo chuckles and patted the empty space behind him.

 

               “Well, I can give you a ride, you know. And you don’t want to run for 30 minutes to get home, right?” He said, smiling warmly. I smirked and hopped along his red motorcycle.

 

               “You better hold on to me.” Kyungsoo said as he got my hands and wrapped them in his waist. “You wouldn’t want to fall, right?” He said as he gave me a bright smile before turning around and started the engine. I leaned closer, and tightened my grip. I found my ears starting to warm up, getting red like an apple, I guess.

 

               “You ready?” Kyungsoo asks enthusiastically.

 

               “Ha, I always am.” I replied, grinning. And after which, I felt the motorcycle move, and the air brushing against our faces. It was a cold night, and I’m happy that I’ve spent it with Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

               Smiling like an idiot, I threw myself in my bouncy bed. I lay down, hands at the back of my head, and reminisced.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

               An hour ago, Kyungsoo dropped me in front of our gate. Mom went out and was about to scold me when she saw Kyungsoo. She softened and her glaring eyes were now gone and were replaced with eyes that shaped like a crescent moon. A smile crept in her lips and went to approach us.

 

               “It’s good to see you today, Kyungsoo.” Mom greeted warmly. A cry of Kyungsoo’s name was heard from the inside of our house. Surely, it’s Suho calling.

 

               “Kyungsoo!” Suho shouted enthusiastically as he reached the door. He was about to give Kyungsoo a hug, when mom caught him. Suho tried to let go, but mom wouldn’t—probably afraid that the ugly incident before would happen again (Suho once crushed Kyungsoo with a bear hug, making Kyungsoo out of balance. Kyungsoo almost bumped into the cabinet with lots of plates, knives, and etc. And so after which, he was never allowed to go near Suho.). Suho was now frantic, so mom had to say a quick goodbye and sorry to Kyungsoo before entering the house again with Suho in her arms.

 

               Kyungsoo just smiled, and nodded. He even waved at Suho (which made Suho, relax a bit and smile). I smiled as I saw how he interacted with my brother. It’s pretty amusing how calm, and smiley he is. It makes me fall a little bit harder for him. He turned his attention towards me, and smiled warmly. I, on the other hand, smiled back shyly like an idiot.

 

               A wind blew and messed up my hair. I groaned in frustration, and was just about to fix it, when he did it for me. His hand touched my hair. Yes, that very moment was unforgettable. I know that I’m silly, but… what if your ultimate crush would do that to you, wouldn’t you be happy?

 

               “There you go, macho Baek.” He said jokingly. I tried to show that I was angry with it, but eventually ended up smiling like a total jerk. He smiled back and patted my head. “Ya, if you need a ride home just call me okay? I’m here to help you 24/7.” He said as he winked at me. My insides were starting to melt, and my knees felt weak, like, anytime right now, I would kneel in front of him, begging him to be mine. I forced a shy smile, and punched his left shoulder playfully.

 

               “Be safe, okay?” I said while giving him my signature grin, and patted his head. He smirked and looked around before whispering in my right ear, “Sleep well, my baby Baek.”

 

               He pulled away, and grinned. “Tell your mom, and Suho that I’ll visit them some time.” He said before riding his motorcycle, leaving me dumbfounded and blushing like a schoolgirl. He started his engine, and waved goodbye at me before he finally left. I touched my head dumbly, and closed my eyes, feeling the cold night air brush against my face.

 

               My baby Baek…

               My baby Baek…

               My baby Baek…

               Baby…

               Baby…

 

               Yes, I’m yours, Kyungsoo. But…when will that time ever come when I can officially call you mine?

 

               “Baekhyun!” Suho called out from the living room’s window. Annoyed with my brother’s voice destroying my moment, I took my overly abused bag on the ground, and barged in.

 

               “I told you to call me ‘hyung*’, Suho. I’m more of an elder brother than you are, you know!” I hollered as I closed our gate, and entered our house.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

               I smiled, patted my head with my right hand, and closed my eyes, when suddenly, Chanyeol popped into my mind. Particularly when I was staring at him, when my insides also melted like what happened when Kyungsoo winked at me, when he asked for help and I somehow refused his call, when he smiled sadly at me, when he mouthed a thank you and sorry to me, and when he… patted my head as gentle as Kyungsoo did. Almost everything that happened between us, it flashed right in my mind, making me all confused and somehow curious.

 

               Who are you, Chanyeol? What are you up to? Why are you asking for help? And why me? Why did you ask for my help?

 

               Head aching and eyelids drooping, I slowly drifted to sleep; leaving the questions I badly wanted being answered alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Hyung means “elder brother” in Korean. Boys say this towards their elder brother or something.

 

 

Author’s Note: Hi people! Uh… okay, I actually edited and somehow added more details in the past chapters. Hope you guys will try to check it out. There isn’t much difference, though. There are just more details.

 

Btw, thank you for reading :) Do subscribe and comment! Haha okay I’m bored seriously. Mind if I spoil something? Nah I don’t think it’s right *mehrong* okay whutever please don’t mind me. Weeeeeeeeee oh sorry if you guys waited for a loooong time… really sorry. Whoosh on the process of making the next update :’) okay baboosh *I’m crazy today so please forgive me*

 

 

 

***does someone actually read the author’s note? ***

 

Love you and God bless <3