Just A Dream

Unexpected Change

 

 

Old dirty chairs and tables, as well as a board full of messy writings like Nicole was here ♥, Katrina !!!!, cleaners who didn’t clean are Jasmine & Jason , and as well as that arrow pointing to the teacher’s chair saying, “this person is gay” are only a few of those things I saw when I reached the end of the stairs.

 

I saw Chanyeol slowly erasing the writings in the board—making sure each word will be read before erased. Curiously, I walked over him when suddenly he paused and stared at a word: Help

 

 

 

 

“…Y-Yah!” I stammered, cautiously trying to break the awkward silence. I saw him steal a glance at me, but eventually looked away immediately and started cleaning the board again—of course, it means erasing the word “help” that fancies him.

 

“Ya!” This time I said it not only to break the awkward silence, but also to express my annoyance of always being ignored. “I’m so tired! I’m tired of always being ignored! Seriously! You…You put me here! And… really, the least you could tell me is…why.” I said, almost whispering the last part.

 

I don’t know why, but the thing I did eventually worked. He stopped and dropped the eraser. Slowly, he turned his attention towards me. For a moment, I thought he’ll walk towards me and slap me, or something since his stares somehow sent me chills again. But surprisingly, he didn’t. His intimidating expression was nowhere to be found, and it was replaced with an expression that a lost pup would have.

 

I softened at the sight and was just about to say sorry when slowly, he took the chalk he found on the floor and wrote the word “help” again.

 

“Uh… help? You need help?” I asked as I went near him. He nodded and bit his lower lip as he looked down. I felt bad for this young man. He’s so tall (and handsome, don’t forget that) that you’ll never think he’s problematic, homeless, lonely, or something.

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” I asked full of eagerness. Then he started scribbling. First, he wrote the word “light”. He drew an arrow pointing to it and he labeled it with “crossover”.

 

“Huh? Are you saying, ‘crossing over the light’?” I asked. He just nodded in response to my question.

 

“Ah, I… I don’t understand. Crossing over the light? It doesn’t make any sense! Ah seriously, can’t you talk? I mean, I would understand you better you know if you’ll explain this thing with more words and not just with one or two words. Do you get what I mean?” I asked as I looked at him straight into his eyes.

 

Instead of getting some rightful answer, all I earned was an expressionless face…again. I groaned in frustration and was just about to leave when I saw the stairs suddenly fading.

 

Panicking, I frantically ran towards the fading stairs but it was too late for me when I reached it. It was now gone with the wind. Now, I’m locked in a closed room with no one else but Chanyeol.

 

I can feel my ears warming up. Turning red again, I guess. Anger builds within me, and not even noticing, I was stomping towards Chanyeol, eyes shooting daggers at him, and fists balled. I stopped when I was only a few inches away from him, unexpectedly melting from the way he looked at me. It was only this time that I noticed his dark brown eyes that seemed to be a thousand old—something that might have seen almost everything that happened in this world.

 

He just stood there for a moment, looking at me with sad, disappointed, or, like, pleading eyes before he sighed and forced a bitter smile. My jaws dropped because unexpectedly, he mouthed something like “thank you and sorry” before he patted my head. And before I knew it, I woke up panting; finding myself sitting in the same swing as if I just slept there and everything I saw was only just a dream.

 

I looked around the playground and happened to see my ice cream on the ground, in liquid form, but other than that, I saw no one, not even Chanyeol. I sighed and slapped my cheeks a little. “It’s just…just a dream. Yeah… a dream that seemed to be real, so real. Yeah, you’ve got nothing to worry.” I assured myself as I tapped my chest.

 

I glanced at my watch and cursed myself because I slept almost like an hour. “7:20” says the watch. As I leave the playground, I couldn’t help feeling like I was being watched by someone or something. I turned around to look at the playground for the last time. A gust of cold wind brushed my face, and I closed my eyes in attempt of feeling comfort, but instead, ended up feeling guilty. I hated it because I don’t even know the reason why.

 

I looked away and eventually ran, thinking as well on how to explain to mom why I’m really late for dinner today.

 

Author’s note: aaaah! It’s been a long time since I’ve updated. Again, characters in this story are fictitious. So, in case your names are Nicole, Katrina, Jasmine, or Jason… you guys would understand :)) hiiihii :3

 

love love love♥ and BE HAPPY!! :))

 

God Bless.